Walmart.com

Rush-O-Matic

92 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users) laugh.gif bekloppt.gif

This album sounds like it has such an eerie atmosphere.. I like it. Especially the new intro to BU2B. Geddy's church-choir-like vocals at the beginning of Clockwork Angels is so creepy, it gave me goosebumps. I cannot wait to see the direction this song is heading.

Ged's bass overall is POUNDING!

Carnies is METAL! 1022.gif I like the nice acoustic intro to Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold OH MY GOD! FUNKY!

The Wreckers kind of sounds like something that belongs on T4E, nothing wrong with that though. It actually reminds me of The Color of Right

BU2B2 has vocals?? Wasn't expecting that tongue.gif

Wish Them Well sounds fun. I like the Geddy wail in the background, though I hope that's not a repeating theme (helloooo VT!) I already love the vocals in The Garden!

I am really looking forward to Clockwork Angels, Carnies, and Seven Cities of Gold

fists crying.gif 12 days!!!! fists crying.gif

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 31 2012, 06:22 PM)
I'm hoping it's my fav since Power Windows. Very doubtful it will top that record or GUP or Signals for me.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I've been kind of expecting another Counterparts-level effort (my best since HYF), but I think CA may just top CP. We'll see if it beats HYF, but it's unlikely to top PoW.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 31 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 04:30 PM)
Ok I've listened to them...

cool.gif

Oh thank GOD, as we were all holding our collective breath until we knew you had heard them. We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief now. tongue.gif

moon.gif

tongue.gif

The songs sound so atmospheric (at least the beginnings/bridges from previous songs) that unfortunately it's hard to hear most of the songs when they really get going, but what can be heard sounds very cool. Too bad they couldn't have chosen 30 second clips from the MIDDLES of the songs!

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 06:49 PM)

cool.gif

Oh thank GOD, as we were all holding our collective breath until we knew you had heard them. We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief now. tongue.gif

moon.gif

tongue.gif

Right, and now we're all waiting with baited breath for Rushgoober's detailed anaysis and critique. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 31 2012, 06:53 PM)
The songs sound so atmospheric (at least the beginnings/bridges from previous songs) that unfortunately it's hard to hear most of the songs when they really get going, but what can be heard sounds very cool. Too bad they couldn't have chosen 30 second clips from the MIDDLES of the songs!

Right? It is too damn frustrating to hear this wonderful ear candy for it to just abruptly stop after 30 sec banghead.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 31 2012, 06:54 PM)

cool.gif

moon.gif

tongue.gif

Right, and now we're all waiting with baited breath for Rushgoober's detailed anaysis and critique. tongue.gif

NOT!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 31 2012, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ May 31 2012, 06:38 PM)
Man, these really are teasers!

I mean, the title track clip stops right when it's about to smack you in the head with a sledgehammer, argh!  And it does sound a bit Floydian, at least that bit.

One thing I'm really liking is the return of Geddy's bass.  smile.gif  For too long it seemed like it was buried under an orchestra of guitars.  It's coming through loud and clear now!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Bangster of Goats

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

When registering... I *had* to... I just *had* to. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 31 2012, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 31 2012, 06:53 PM)
The songs sound so atmospheric (at least the beginnings/bridges from previous songs) that unfortunately it's hard to hear most of the songs when they really get going, but what can be heard sounds very cool.  Too bad they couldn't have chosen 30 second clips from the MIDDLES of the songs!

Right? It is too damn frustrating to hear this wonderful ear candy for it to just abruptly stop after 30 sec banghead.gif

I dunno, this is just about right for me. I don't want to hear any more than this until I have the CD and vinyl in hand. trink36.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 31 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ May 31 2012, 06:57 PM)
I'm very hopeful that this album will be their best album since Presto.

inb4thedebatesbegin

That album came out in 1993 moon.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 31 2012, 04:54 PM)

cool.gif

moon.gif

tongue.gif

you know you can't wait! tongue.gif

Still can't get them to play with Windows Media Player or RealPlayer... I'm dying here!!!!

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 31 2012, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 31 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (Shredder2 @ May 31 2012, 06:57 PM)
I'm very hopeful that this album will be their best album since Presto.

inb4thedebatesbegin

That album came out in 1993 moon.gif

I was talking about Counterparts silly

QUOTE (xredsectorx @ May 31 2012, 07:08 PM)
Still can't get them to play with Windows Media Player or RealPlayer... I'm dying here!!!!

Sorry man. They played just fine on my Windows Media Player. Hope you get to hear them soon. yes.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 12:58 PM)
MOTHERF&$&*%&$*$%*%&$ WINDOWS MEDIA FILES.

Someone download these things for us Mac users, huh?!

I can't listen either. rage.gif My computer used to be set up with windows but it crashed last year. My friend installed Ubuntu. Any suggestions? trink39.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 31 2012, 07:09 PM)
I really don't know if I should cave or not guys....UGHHHHH.
unsure.gif

Don't want to influence you but they really don't give away THAT much. I wasn't going to click but I'm glad I did.

The title track is the main one that strikes me as original sounding, although many bands have done that sort of eastern style intro like Soothsayer from Mars Volta, Home from Dream Theater and Forever May Not Be Long Enough from Live.

Some of the rest sound like regular rock songs to me, like with that guitar riff from Anarchist. Doesnt sound like anything too different than Nocturne.

This is just going on short clips though so who knows.