What Type of opening Would You Like to See

snowdogged

I'd personally like to see something really trippy as opposed to some silly video. My favorite openings were when they opened with the Three Blind mice song in the darkness. There was not a lot to it but I found it quite trippy hearing Three Blind Mice in the dark and then they'd start playing The Spirit of Radio as the lights on the stage come on at the same time. Edited by snowdogged

Probably be something related to steam punk ??

I too really liked the three blind mice thing. I actually thought a 3 Stooges short was to follow.

Oh, I just got it. 3 stooges--3 guys in 2.gif ??

THE 3 STOOGES ??

What year was that ??

The introductory video will be Clockwork Angels themed. I'd bet real money on it. yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

I enjoy the videos and whatnot, but let's hope they trimmed them down this time around. Using up a half-hour of the show for videos was kind of a let-down as that time could have been utilized better (with more songs!)

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 29 2012, 08:03 PM)
The kind of opening I'd like to see???

Easy a giant pair of girls legs and 2.gif jump out of the crotch.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I think I know that girl. wink.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 29 2012, 08:22 PM)

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif [/quote]
I think I know that girl. wink.gif

Does she have a sister ? And a brother for my wife ?? rofl3.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif drool1.gif

Some sort of fun little video (yeah, I love the videos!). I agree with shortening it though.

I'd like to see some of the smoke again (like during Caravan and BU2B on the TM Tour). Near the end, it can have some inclusion of "2012"...where eventually, the "0" turns into a "1"...so yeah, "2112".

Then...off we go into the opener of 'Overture/Temples of Syrinx'! yes.gif

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 29 2012, 06:18 PM)
Probably be something related to steam punk ??

I too really liked the three blind mice thing. I actually thought a 3 Stooges short was to follow.

Oh, I just got it. 3 stooges--3 guys in 2.gif ??

THE 3 STOOGES ??

What year was that ??

They actually opened with the Three Blind Mice intro on the Signals tour for the first time and used it in every tour up to Hold Your Fire. So they used it for four tours in a row. (Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows and Hold Your Fire.)

A short intro video or music that only lasts about 2 minutes then the band comes on stage and starts playing the first song. I guess i'm just a no bullshit kind of guy when it comes to my concerts. I want to see the band get out there and play instead of sitting through 10 minutes of bad comedy before it happens.

Heh, I thought the videos were cool and broke up the show a bit. When Rush plays, they're very serious and dedicated, so it's nice to see them goof off a bit with some humor in videos. The videos weren't that long. They were about 5 minutes each. That's 10 minutes out of 3+ hour concert. Come on, it's not a big deal. tongue.gif

(Oh, and I'm not including the closing video with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel since that's at the end when the concert is pretty much over. It's not taking away from anything.)

As to the Clockwork Angels tour, I think it will open with steampunked theme video that has humor in it as usual. Following, I think the band will open with a classic. It's a safe bet. The Spirit of Radio is such an excellent opener, and really fires people up. I'd love to hear it again as an opener, but they'll probably open with something different this time around. Subdivisions would probably be a good opener and would be an easy song for Geddy's voice to warm up with.

Edited by GUP1771

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 29 2012, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 29 2012, 07:12 PM)
I'm sticking with Far Cry followed by Caravan.

that would be a horrible beginning and i certainly wouldn't be hurrying to get to my seat at the start of the show.

so you'll pay $200 to stand in the beer line for the first 15 mn of the show? fing.gif

have fun being obtuse. that'll show rush! trink39.gif

No Videos

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 29 2012, 07:12 PM)
I'm sticking with Far Cry followed by Caravan.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 30 2012, 09:38 AM)
Just come out and jam out Subdivisions

Yeah, I've been thinking either Subdivisions or Overture/Temples opening the shows this tour.

Either one of these would be a welcome change (over TS / TSOR / Limelight) to open IMO. 1022.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ May 29 2012, 07:39 PM)
Yeah, seriously, no more dumbass videos. They're cute and all, but I could be hearing songs instead.

I'd rather hear Dog Years than see Alex eat sausage.

LMAO! You sure you want to stick with that statement? Lol. Dog Years....*shudders*

Anyway, I happen to love the stupid little shorts they do these days. Being a fairly new Rush goer I guess I never had the opportunity to witness the trippy days (my first show was R30) so I don't know what that's like. Having said that, the intro to Witch Hunt on the Grace Under Pressure DVD was friggin fantastic. Something like that as an opener for the SHOW would be amazing.

But yeah, I'm cool with the videos they do. I think it shows off an acting side for them, and they have fun doing it and it keeps them interested in touring and keeps things fresh and whatnot, so why begrudge them of it? *shrug* Rush needs to have some fun too. Being a musician myself, I know what it's like to just play a song over and over without adding any new elements to a song or spice it up a bit, because of the hard paying fan that wants it FLAWLESS and perfect and no different than it sounds on record. But in my honest opinion? That's turbo boring. I'd like to sometime play because I enjoy it, not because the viewer does. I'm sure 40 years later, Rush have that same outlook, if not entirely, then at least a little.