SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

Any show we have had the luck to see, we have always stood the ENTIRE SHOW.

We sing and dance, even air drum and guitar..

Our seats have always been within the first 5 rows on the floor.

This tour CA we have seats in the visually acessable area 1st Sec. Above floor next to stage 106

Geddy's side for HOUSTON. 108 in Universal City 1st row. Sec d in Atlanta.

Has anyone had a problem with NOT being able to stand for the show.

On the floor everyone stands. What about the other sections besides floor seats?

2.gif 2.gif bitchslap.gif tempted.gif waffen093.gif banghead.gif

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, it boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

You are doing it right, keep it up!

I don't recall EVER having sat for a second for almost 30 Rush shows with the exception of once having seats in front of the accessible seating area, so I gladly sat.

On the floor anyone tall or short has the risk of having their view obstructed unless you are really close to the front, the other seats, whether amphitheater seating or stadium seating, people should be able to make out just fine even with someone large in front of them, but yeah it helps if everyone stands.

Really lazy? Don't like to stand? Get angry when you are lazy but people in front of you are not? Stay at home or get Row 1 of a section.

Five foot f-all? Still want to get floor tickets? Don't act surprised when it is tough to see.

I have friends close to 6 feet tall that wont get floor tickets unless they are really close, because you run the risk of being blocked.

Rush concerts are for dancing and air drumming and being in a blissful state or Nirvana, inebriated or otherwise. Don't like it? Don't worry they'll release it on DVD. Same the seats for someone who is looking to have fun at the show!

Ok, bring in the shortknocker lazy party poopers to tell me how inconsiderate I am and how "smelling doobies" at a concert should constitute someone getting prison time.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 02:56 PM)
This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, Lit boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

Sorry if I beathorse.gif We new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ???

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ May 29 2012, 02:06 PM)
This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, Lit boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

Sorry if I beathorse.gif We new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ???

It's all good, I'm just sayin', don't expect much rational, selfless discorse about this wink.gif tongue.gif

Yep, as mentioned in another thread, I did have one issue at a Rush show back in 2004, and it explains why I get pissed about people thinking you should sit at a Rock Concert, just for them...

On the R30 tour, I went to a show in Toronto and sat in the 300 level of the Amptheatre. I went to the show excited because I had Row 'M', which was the last row of that section, so I knew I was going to get to stand and enjoy. Well...I got to the show, and guess what. They put in a row of seats behind us as a Row 'N'. I knew I was in trouble.

Sure enough, an older couple was behind us...and as I was standing and having fun for the first 2-3 songs, the guy behind us taps me on the shoulder and says, "uh, are you going to be rocking out all night?". I was like, WTF? So, I proceeded to do the honourable thing and asked if him and his wife would switch seats with us, that way, they could sit and we could stand behind. Fair enough, right? Well...the wife says, "no, we're not switching". So, I was forced to sit for most of the show, and guess what...they missed all of the encore, and alot of the second set. Big Rush fans right? Obviously they cared that much about the show. sarcasm.gif

That's why I have such a hang up with it. That was my wife's first Rush show, and they completely ruined my night and hers. I seriously could not enjoy myself because of that crap, and she had told me all along that one of the things she had looked forward to was seeing how excited I get at their shows.

So...my point is, do what you want...sit, stand, kneel, whatever. Just don't EXPECT the others around you to do the same. That's just how I feel.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 03:31 PM)
Yep, as mentioned in another thread, I did have one issue at a Rush show back in 2004, and it explains why I get pissed about people thinking you should sit at a Rock Concert, just for them...

On the R30 tour, I went to a show in Toronto and sat in the 300 level of the Amptheatre. I went to the show excited because I had Row 'M', which was the last row of that section, so I knew I was going to get to stand and enjoy. Well...I got to the show, and guess what. They put in a row of seats behind us as a Row 'N'. I knew I was in trouble.

Sure enough, an older couple was behind us...and as I was standing and having fun for the first 2-3 songs, the guy behind us taps me on the shoulder and says, "uh, are you going to be rocking out all night?". I was like, WTF? So, I proceeded to do the honourable thing and asked if him and his wife would switch seats with us, that way, they could sit and we could stand behind. Fair enough, right? Well...the wife says, "no, we're not switching". So, I was forced to sit for most of the show, and guess what...they missed all of the encore, and alot of the second set. Big Rush fans right? Obviously they cared that much about the show. sarcasm.gif

That's why I have such a hang up with it. That was my wife's first Rush show, and they completely ruined my night and hers. I seriously could not enjoy myself because of that crap, and she had told me all along that one of the things she had looked forward to was seeing how excited I get at their shows.

So...my point is, do what you want...sit, stand, kneel, whatever. Just don't EXPECT the others around you to do the same. That's just how I feel.

I have just 2 words for people that ask me to sit... EAT IT!!!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 04:31 PM)

You're a nicer guy that I am. I would have told them to f**k right off, probably way worse. I'm not saying at all that is my first reaction when someone behind me complains about standing or whatever, but after your gracious offer I told them to get stuffed and then stand the entire show.

trink39.gif to you for being too nice.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 03:31 PM)

Could someone be TOLD not to stand ??

When 2.gif is on stage, wife and I LOSE OUR F n MINDS.

I think if someone nicely asked us to sit, WE WOULD STAND AND ROCK OUT EVEN MORE!!

Hell sh** we won't sit !

I'm really not trying to be a ass, 2.gif does that to us.

As was stated on this blog " is it our fault we are DIE HARD F***ING 2.gif FANS "?? no.gif yes.gif

Now, it would be different if we happened to be in front of someone that had no choice but to sit.

It would have to be something obvious for me to alter the way I enjoy 2.gif !!!

Wife also is legally blind. We do not expect anyone to move out of her way!

We had 5th row center Chicago United Center TM 2011. Wife wanted to stand on seats !!

If she wasn't disabled? maybe. She has very little sight, a broke leg would have been crazy!!

Everyone in front of us was 6' tall.

Never been on 1st row, maybe 1 day!!!

2.gif r BUST !! signs015.gif signs015.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif signs015.gif signs015.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif schla03.gif schla03.gif

Edited by kkb2323

Hahaha. Love the enthusiasm KKB, you've inspired me to share a little story, never before told on this forum!

My third ever RUSH concert I was 19 and traveled to Montreal for my first ever trip to that city to see the Counterparts tour. This is also the first + last time I've ever attended a Rush concert alone and at the time it was BY FAR the best seats I had ever scored, I was 7th row floor, dead center, and let me tell you Montreal is *quite* the city to see Rush in, arguably the most voracious Rush crowd in the world, a mutual infatuation between them and the boys.

When I traveled there I met with a distant cousin I had never really met before in my life, he was really nice, drove me to and dropped me off at the show after smoking some excellent hash with him and his friend.

So here I am such the amazing atmosphere for a Rush concert, all alone. having the most religious / out of body experience of my life to this day. Somehow I decide to to take standing to the next level and stand ON MY CHAIR, if my memory serves me correctly it was when XANADU came on. This must have been quite the debacle as I am roughly 6-foot-6.

The whole time I thought for sure security was going to come make me get off the chair, it felt like half the entire 50 rows behind me were yelling death threats at me in French, a language I only have the most basic grasp of, but there I stood having one of those moments that people take to the grave with them.

But there I stood. On that fold-out chair. Rocking out like a person possessed for all the rest of the show. This is the first time Geddy ever looked at me in the crowd and did the "bonk the side of his head thing he used to do" as if to say "you are crazy but I love it".

A brazen example of standing at a Rush show. I would probably never go to that extent nowadays, but man was that night ever one of the highlights of my life and I would never trade it away for anything.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 29 2012, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 04:31 PM)

You're a nicer guy that I am. I would have told them to f**k right off, probably way worse. I'm not saying at all that is my first reaction when someone behind me complains about standing or whatever, but after your gracious offer I told them to get stuffed and then stand the entire show.

trink39.gif to you for being too nice.

Some people just don't get it do they? It's a ROCK SHOW not a f***ing church service. "Rocking out all night?" - ohh please, if you're not prepared to accept that people might choose to stand at a Rush show, go home and watch them on DVD. The fact that they refused to accept the offer of switching is beyond ridiculous and frankly I'd have probably also said "screw you" and continued to stand. Some people are just unbelievable facepalm.gif

My father gets pretty uncomfortable if he has to stand for too long, (and I would assume most people close to 60 would have that issue), so it does get on his nerves if everybody in the row in front of him is standing up. It's understandable.

Personally, I enjoy sitting down, relaxing, and taking in the music, rather than jumping around and flailing my arms like an asshole. smile.gif

Edited by Tarkus406

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 29 2012, 05:43 PM)
Personally, I enjoy sitting down, relaxing, and taking in the music, rather than jumping around and flailing my arms like an asshole. smile.gif

Thank You goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 29 2012, 04:43 PM)
My father gets pretty uncomfortable if he has to stand for too long, (and I would assume most people close to 60 would have that issue), so it does get on his nerves if everybody in the row in front of him is standing up. It's understandable.

Same here, if I'm off the floor. On the floor, standing is the rule, I get that, and I'd never argue it. But the further back from the floor you get, the more you'll find people sitting and enjoying the show. That's why I said go with the flow earlier - if you're the lone jerkoff who is standing up, jumping around like a lunatic and blocking people's view behind you, *you* are the problem, not *them*.

But as we saw in the other two threads about this - and in almost every response here - there is no one as selfish as a concert goer. "I don't care if I ruin your night as long as I'm not inconvenienced in any way" is the norm.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 29 2012, 05:10 PM)
Just noticed the photo of you and your wife. Awesome picture and glad to know you are both as Rush-fanatical at concerts as I am.

trink39.gif

Thanks, wife was on my ass to get a pic up on this site.

It took some time (3 days). Snap!?

By the way GOOD STORY DUDE.

It sure is weird how people from around the earth, USA ?, with only Rush in common

act as if we have known each other all our lives !!

That is POWERFUL SH**, HUH? Small reference to Bangkok?

MORE STORIES, MORE STORIES !!!

Edited by kkb2323

Well, I have never been so insulted ! NOT HAHA!!

I was born a asshole and I have a asshole for a wife !! yes.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif

To each his own my 2.gif Friend !

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 29 2012, 05:45 PM)

Thank You goodpost.gif

Lucky for you guys, Rush puts out CDs and DVDs of all their tours! Plus, beer and nachos are cheaper at home anyway! trink39.gif

At the Atlanta show in 2010, most people were standing except in our area. Even the rest of the lawn was standing, but my friend and I got stuck around a bunch of people sitting. Nobody had a problem with us standing, they could see we were both young and enjoying ourselves. We also tried to not obstruct anyone's view. During either Faithless or BU2B, this one guy in an allover print, Jersey Shore-style t-shirt asked us if we would sit down. We did. Then Rush busted out Freewill, and we stood back up. The guy then came back down to us and said "I thought I told you f*ckers to sit down!" We didn't sit down. He left us alone. The people in my section all said that we were in the right - we paid for tickets, we had a right to stand. Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre has large enough screens to where everyone can watch the show. We stood up for most of the rest of the show, and in between songs I could hear the guy several rows up yelling things like "SIT DOWN! SIT DOWN!" but we didn't. It was a great show for all!

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 29 2012, 06:45 PM)

Thank You goodpost.gif

MD?? Really?

I'm shocked! You're METALdad afterall...

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 29 2012, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 29 2012, 06:45 PM)

Thank You goodpost.gif

MD?? Really?

I'm shocked! You're METALdad afterall...

ohmy.gif

even a metaldad turns into an OLDdad

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 29 2012, 06:43 PM)

All jokes aside...no offence, but you need to get off your high horse just a bit.

You're seriously calling every person who goes to rock concerts and decides that they are going to stand, oh...and wait for it...have fun air drumming / air guitar and whatnot assholes? Really? wacko.gif

Well, if you're as old as the band, you're probably a grizzled asshole yourself.

I guess if you have to take a different pill everyday and can no longer turn on an oven without forgetting you've done so, even a Rush concert isn't enough to help you chill out and have some fun.

This is the third thread about standing vs. sitting in the past three weeks. Each of the other times, amid all the insults that people throw at each other, it boils down to: just don't be a jerk about standing or sitting at the show. Go with the flow.

Well well, you was right danielmclark ! yes.gif no.gif confused13.gif oops.gif bitchslap.gif rage.gif rage.gif tempted.gif tempted.gif 062802puke_prv.gif