Zombie in Miami?

treeduck

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 1 2012, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jun 1 2012, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jun 1 2012, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 1 2012, 03:07 PM)

Aw, geez that was harsh!!!

Reality sucks no?!

Yeah, let's grab the pitchforks and light the torches and burn the fk down anyone that makes us uncomfortable!

let me ask u a question. Would you be ok with it if that happened to your son or daughter?

Ohhhh, here we go. The old "what if it was someone close to you" argument. Do you think this victim spontaneously appeared on earth one day and lived his whole life without friends or family? It may not have happened to someone I know, but it happened to someone that somebody knows (even if the guy was homeless).

And no, I like to think that if faced with a situation like that myself, that I would still have the presence of mind to be rational about it.

Lastly, people that use children or family as a sticking point ("BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!") are usually either devoid of a decent argument or they flat out know they're on thin ice and they're desperate. What if it was your grandmother? What if it was your next-door neighbor? WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR DOG?!?! THINK OF THE DOGS!!!!!!!!11

Under the circumstances, I have no problem with the police officer shooting and killing the cannibal.

Me either, he was well beyond reason obviously. The cop probably did him a favour. He did Ronald Poppo a favour too, at least I think he did, because I'm not sure what is the best scenario for a person in the position he's in...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2012, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jun 1 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 02:44 PM)
Goddammit, that is NOT appropriate.

and why not? The world need to see what that freak actually DID to the victim.

Wrong.

If "the world" wants to see it, the world can seek it out. We sure as holy hell aren't going to put it here.

Again, anyone with a miniscule bit of common sense and decency would know not to post that here.

Don't do anything like that again.

I'm only sorry I wasn't here earlier to take that picture down.

The report button isn't working btw.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 1 2012, 04:53 PM)
I'm not here to "argue" whether something like that has its place here, that's for the good MODs to decide.

In most forums however, given the length at which we are discussing this that linking to that content to not be that big of a deal. The big if is that things like that should very much be properly labelled to warn people, that is a pretty stupid oversight.

We are talking about some serious business here, and those photos perfectly describe how horrendous this attack was. This is one of about 4 almost equally disturbing attacks / cannibalism incidents in the past WEEK. Have you heard yet about the guy knifing himself and throwing his own intestines at the police?

Terrible stuff and the zombie theorists are having a hay day with this stuff, can't blame them really.

Yes, but he didn't LINK to the picture. He posted it with IMG tags. You scrolled down, and there it was, no warning.

I wouldn't have a problem with a big warning, then LINKS, saying "click if you want to see."

Posting the image directly into a post? Nope.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 1 2012, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2012, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jun 1 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 1 2012, 02:44 PM)
Goddammit, that is NOT appropriate.

and why not? The world need to see what that freak actually DID to the victim.

Wrong.

If "the world" wants to see it, the world can seek it out. We sure as holy hell aren't going to put it here.

Again, anyone with a miniscule bit of common sense and decency would know not to post that here.

Don't do anything like that again.

I'm only sorry I wasn't here earlier to take that picture down.

The report button isn't working btw.

Noted.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2012, 06:53 PM)
I'm not here to "argue" whether something like that has its place here, that's for the good MODs to decide.

In most forums however, given the length at which we are discussing this that linking to that content to not be that big of a deal.  The big if is that things like that should very much be properly labelled to warn people, that is a pretty stupid oversight.

We are talking about some serious business here, and those photos perfectly describe how horrendous this attack was. This is one of about 4 almost equally disturbing attacks / cannibalism incidents in the past WEEK. Have you heard yet about the guy knifing himself and throwing his own intestines at the police?

Terrible stuff and the zombie theorists are having a hay day with this stuff, can't blame them really.

Yes, but he didn't LINK to the picture. He posted it with IMG tags. You scrolled down, and there it was, no warning.

I wouldn't have a problem with a big warning, then LINKS, saying "click if you want to see."

I am personally grateful I missed seeing it. Thank you.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2012, 07:53 PM)

In most forums however, given the length at which we are discussing this that linking to that content to not be that big of a deal.  The big if is that things like that should very much be properly labelled to warn people, that is a pretty stupid oversight.

Don't get me wrong, I 1000% agree with you.

My prayers go out to Mr. Poppo. rose.gif

This whole story is just f***ing freaky.

I know we have a fascination with zombies right now, but really, R.I.P. Whoever it is who got his face bitten off.

(I honestly don't care about the story because I don't think paying attention to individual non-local crimes is worth my time as a citizen who is not involved with any type of law enforcement.)

I'm not exactly offended of everyone making zombie sort of jokes about this story, I'm just surprised they continue to play along instead of actually looking into what happened if the story is so interesting.

Here are some posts on this matter from another forum I visit (I would link, but it's a private board):

QUOTE (Member)
Please view the contents of the spoiler and link at your own risk, as the information contained is disturbing and gruesome.

Warning: news inside is disturbing and gruesome
Hello, TFS I was on facebook other day when my friend posted a link on a local news cast where there's been weird activity that people go on a "drug" and go crazy even eating peoples body parts. Also they said the people go crazy growl and have "super strength" last time I checked I never heard or seen a drug to make you go like that. Here watch the video pretty weird knowing that people would do that o.o
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/26/miami...-1-dead-1-hurt/

QUOTE (member2)
I've heard that PCP can indeed give someone "super strength". But any case, we'll have to wait a few weeks for the supposed lab results.

QUOTE (member3)
Today, the media in my country mentioned this, briefly though.
As far as I know, it is not the first drug to make people aggressive, and not the first one to make people stronger. Well, in my country, it was said as a new and dangerous and etc. drug, I personally wouldn't see it so bad. I guess all the stuff is not really important, except the fact that you should realise how far can something affect your brain. That sounds scary for me.

QUOTE (member4)

QUOTE (member1)
I think the government is trying to hide something from us. I don't see drugs going that far.

I would just wait a few days for the toxicology reports.

And if the government was to of experimented on this man and let him to to walk among the general public I feel he would of been watched and followed to gain data on their experiment if that's what you're getting at, and if you think he had a zombie virus, no such exists.

Edited by Ovningskora

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jun 1 2012, 02:33 PM)
Now I can vomit! Poor man. I think the guy deserved to be shot.

Mod Edit:

Oh my god, dude.  What the HELL?  We don't put that stuff here, without so much as a warning, and even then, NO.

God.  Use some common sense.

I think we all should see what happened to this poor man before we all shoot off at the mouth regarding if the cops should have shot the guy or not. Oh well....free speech is taken away again. sad.gif

I will choose freewill.

Edited by friendlyfloridian

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2012, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 31 2012, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 31 2012, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 30 2012, 11:26 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 29 2012, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 29 2012, 11:05 AM)
Just hope that you're not on the receiving end of some "heroic" cop with an itchy trigger-finger some day. Because you're completely justifying the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. You seem to want to celebrate it.

And the guy they killed wasn't a zombie. It was a human being. Not an innocent, of course, but still a human being. People need to stop acting like this is something out of a video game.

The only thing I'm celebrating is a job well done by the officer, based on the facts we know. Guy eating another human.. guy is shot but does not stop, so more gun shots end the attempted murder in progress. If some guy wacked out of his brain on whatever tried to eat you alive, I would hope the police would do the same for you.

And, not to belabor my point, but one point I forgot to bring up is.. this criminal also appears to be a cannibal (or at least on that day). The officer(s) were at risk of being bitten or worse.. chunks of their flesh ripped out by the maniac. Not worth the risk to the officers. In this case, it is shoot first ask questions later. In this case, I agree with the deadly force. In this case.

So now the officers (plural, remember, there were several) are scared not of being beat up, but of being bitten? That doesn't negate my overall point. Deadly force should not have been the first method used in this situation. How about a couple of these brave cops walk up to the guy and smack him in the head a few times with their batons? Maybe try that first?

Think of all the diseases cannibal guy could have been carrying. This isn't your five year old brother biting you through a sweatshirt.

I honestly think people have been watching too much Walking Dead.

Are you saying the guy's mouth was squeaky clean?

Everyone's mouth is a bacteria haven, not just this guy. If YOU bit your girlfriend too hard there's a good chance she'd get infected. Let me give you an expert's view:

"The healthy human mouth is home to a tremendous variety of microbes including viruses, fungi, protozoa and bacteria," said Professor William Wade from King's College London Dental Institute. "The bacteria are the most numerous: there are 100 million in every millilitre of saliva and more than 600 different species in the mouth. Around half of these have yet to be named and we are trying to describe and name the new species."

Scientists studied healthy tissue as well as tumours in the mouth and found three strains of bacteria called Prevotella that could not be identified. Prevotella species are part of the normal microbial flora in humans and are also associated with various oral diseases and infections in other parts of the body. The researchers named the new species Prevotella histicola; histicola means 'inhabitant of tissue'.

"Interestingly, this species was isolated from within the oral tissues, both in oral cancers and normal, healthy tissue," said Professor Wade. "This confirms other work showing that oral bacteria can invade both tissues and individual cells."

Tooth decay and gum disease are the most common bacterial diseases of man and are caused by changes in the microbes normally present in the mouth. To understand these diseases better, scientists first need to know which bacteria are present in human mouths. Understanding the composition of the oral microbiota will also help scientists devise new prevention measures and treatments for oral diseases.

"A detailed description and name for each species of bacteria are needed so that different laboratories can recognise all of the bacterial species present in the mouth," said Professor Wade.

If you want more info try this site:

http://textbookofbacteriology.net/normalflora.html

And now that we have this knowledge, I guess you cowboys from earlier in the thread will all say that cops should shoot anyone they feel like from now on? After all, we all have mouths... we all *might* bite a cop... "officer, why did you shoot that man?" "His mouth is full of germs, you never know who might try to bite you."

Now you're just being silly...

biggrin.gif

Maybe a little. But a few people have suggested that shooting and killing this guy was the right thing to do simply because he might try to bite a cop. That does beg the question... from now on, if a cop thinks someone might try to bite him, does that give him the right to kill him?

It was the right thing to do to stop him killing that guy and to save his one eye that was remaining! Another couple of minutes and he would have chewed out his throat!

right

daniel is taking this a bit of context. Him and friendly floridan both are taking this too emotionally.

In this case, the popo shot the man who wouldn't stop eating away at an innocent man's face. It was the right choice - the controversy of this event shouldn't be (and largely isn't) about this.

Violent Attack in Scott, Man Accused of Biting Off Chunk of Victim's Face

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 6:14 PM by Maddie Garrett

Source: KATC

A violent attack in Scott is eerily similar to a case out of Florida connected to the dangerous drug known as bath salts.

The disturbing attack in Florida ended when police shot and killed the suspect after he would not stop biting and chewing at another man's face.

Now, a similar case over the weekend in Lafayette Parish.

"During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim's face off," said Scott Assistant Police Chief, Kert Thomas.

Police say 43-year-old Carl Jacquneaux knew the victim, Todd Credeur, and was upset over a domestic issue. Credeur declined an on-camera interview, but told KATC he was working in his front yard when Jacquneaux showed up at his house and attacked him. Credeur said he was shocked when Jacquneaux bit him on the face.

That's when Credeur said he sprayed wasp spray in Jacquneaux's face to try and stop the attack. Police said he then left Credeur's house and showed up at another acquaintance's house in Carencro where he held him at knife point and stole a hand gun. It was there that deputies caught up with Jacquneaux and arrested him.

"Very unusual, it's not something we see everyday," said Thomas.

That unusual behavior could be due to drugs. Sheriff's deputies said Jacquneaux was clearly under the influence of some kind of drug. A friend of the victim said she believes he was using bath salts, a drug police said can cause a state of excited delirium and dangerous behavior.

"Extremely dangerous, a lot more dangerous than some of the drugs on the street," explained Thomas.

But police said we may never know if Jacquneaux was under the influence of bath salts, because no blood tests were performed before he was booked into jail.

Jacquneaux is charged with aggravated burglary, simple battery of the infirm, violation of probation, aggravated second degree battery and violation of protective orders. He remains in the Lafayette Parish Jail with a $312,500 bond.

Credeur was released from the hospital and is recovering at home.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 6 2012, 02:51 PM)

Aye, my daughter just found a video of this online 062802puke_prv.gif

The Miami Herald security video? You can't make anything out, just trees, a road and some barely perceptible movement in the top left hand corner of the screen...