Men In Black III

The Owl

I was majorly disappointed with MIB II.. (Many Were) and did not have high expectations for MIB III, but I watched this earlier today, and was pretty impressed...It was really good...not as good as the original, but leagues better than MIB II.

..... the movie does bumble and is a bit slow in the first act, (Small spoiler ahead, you'll know if you've seen trailers/promotions) but once you're back in the past, it really gets good.. The writing is clever and without going into spoilers it handels the time travel aspects really well and logically....

I really suggest seeing this, even if you are skeptical about the series after the poor second movie.

Edited by The Owl

How funny, I just saw this with my wife tonight, not two hours ago.

Minor spoilers... I guess... I don't consider things that are in the trailer spoilers, but someone is bound to bite my head off if I don't say something eyesre4.gif so, you've been warned.

I thought it was pretty good. Maybe 3 or 3.5 out of 5. I had a lot of problems with some leaps of logic, plot holes and general mishandling of timing (odd, for a movie about time travel tongue.gif) I also thought the revelation about Will Smith's character at the end was completely out of the blue and weird. Seemed like an afterthought.

Josh Brolin was excellent. His "young Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K" was inspired. Mannerisms, voice, tone - just spot on.

I'm going to see this sometime this week. I loved MIB, hated MIIB (I mean come on! A worm who assumes the form of an underwear model and tries to dominate the universe, really?!). Since there's no way the third one could realistically be worse than the second, I'm in. More Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones tag team, and that's great.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 27 2012, 10:36 PM)
I'm going to see this sometime this week. I loved MIB, hated MIIB (I mean come on! A worm who assumes the form of an underwear model and tries to dominate the universe, really?!). Since there's no way the third one could realistically be worse than the second, I'm in. More Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones tag team, and that's great.

Same reason I'm looking forward to the 3rd. Critics seem to think that way from what I read lately and I hear Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression is dead on.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ May 28 2012, 09:56 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 27 2012, 10:36 PM)

Same reason I'm looking forward to the 3rd. Critics seem to think that way from what I read lately and I hear Josh Brolin's Tommy Lee Jones impression is dead on.

The thing that impressed me most about Brolin's performance was that it was so consistent. I remember watching Star Wars: Episode I for the first time, when Obi-Wan first speaks, Ewan McGregor is channeling Alec Guinness. Tone, vocal pacing, everything. It sounded like he was doing an impression - the "elsewhere... elusive..." line in particular. But after that? Nothing. There was no connection to the older Obi-Wan at all in his performance, just that one scene.

Brolin was dead-on for the entire film.

Saw it over the weekend and loved it.

Possible spoiler alert:

Good call on going back to 1969. Tommy Lee Jones is looking pretty bad in his old age. Josh Brolin was much easier to look at as K.

Good movie! Husband & I had free tix and went Sunday night. Of course we had to stop on the way home for some dumbass pie. laugh.gif

I could have SWORN on everything I own that Boris The Animal was played by Tim Curry. So surprised to learn it's not so.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 29 2012, 08:57 PM)
Good movie! Husband & I had free tix and went Sunday night. Of course we had to stop on the way home for some dumbass pie. laugh.gif

I could have SWORN on everything I own that Boris The Animal was played by Tim Curry. So surprised to learn it's not so.

Awwww.... that would have been *brilliant*. Tim Curry is awesome.

I saw it last night. It's pretty good. I'm glad they were consistent with the tone this time. Unlike the first one it doesn't start off humorous and then dive into being serious half way through. They keep the same balance between humor and plot more or less constant. I still think they first one was the best because most of the movie is just Smith uncovering that the world isn't exactly as it seems.