Your First listen of Clockwork Angels

The Owl

What method and what format will you listen to Clockwork Angels the first time through?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What method and what format will you listen to Clockwork Angels the first time through?

• On a Good sound System with no Distractions (CD)
    • On a Good sound System with no Distractions (Vinyl)
    • On a Good sound System while following along with Lyrics/Liner Notes (Vinyl or CD)
    • In a Vehicle (CD or MP3, hopefully not following the Liner Notes or Lyrics)
    • On Your Computer, undistracted (CD or MP3)
    • On Your Computer, following along with Lyrics/Liner Notes (CD or MP3)
    • Listening Party real life or on your computer ( Any Format)
    • I will listen to a leak should it become available ( Any format)
    • Other (specify)

I followed the "On a good system while following along with the Lyrics" on my first listen of Snakes and Arrows... I plan on being undestracted on a good system for my first Clockwork Angels spin.

"On a Good sound System with no Distractions"

When "Snakes and Arrows" came out I listened to it a number of times straight through.

The first to just absorb the "New Rush".

The next few to really listen to the individual instruments and subtle nuances.

And then to really focus in on the lyrics.

I really liked that album from the beginning...still do as a matter of fact.

However and where ever you give the new a release it's first spin, I really hope you are able to enjoy and savor the moment.

2.gif AlexFinal.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif 2.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif

My Hubby has set up a hammock and great system in our sunroom. Guess I'll be *hanging* in there for awhile wink.gif

Another one of these polls but with less than 10 options and no mention of touching oneself. OUTRAGEOUS!! ohmy.gif

I just realized that its being released on my last day of school (have finals that day) and I'm also leaving to see Marillion once I get out of school. I'm really hoping that it leaks a week before because then I'd have time to listen to it multiple times. So I'll listen to the leak on my computer, if not I'll download it on itunes at midnight, listen to it once, and have to wait until I'm on the train to New York to listen again. Edited by ColdFireYYZ

I voted to listen to it on a good sound system while reading lyrics because I always do that. Knowing the actual day though, I'll be going to pick it up, listening to Caravan/BU2B in the car, and will arrive home after. So I'll be listening to the first brand new track, Clockwork Angels, on my good stereo smile.gif Edited by HemispheresserehpsimeH

I've preordered the album on iTunes, so definitely on my computer, without distraction, possibly with headphones. Although, I'm kind of hoping for a leak, because I don't want to wait anymore. If there is one, I will be all over it, listening the same way.

I have a feeling my vinyl and CD may not be here by release date, so the listening party might be my first time. The only trouble is, the audio gets choppy. If my vinyl is here, it'll be that; if the CD is here, that; if both, probably the CD (all folowing along with liner notes). Then the listening party later in the evening. Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 24 2012, 04:38 PM)
I followed the "On a good system while following along with the Lyrics" on my first listen of Snakes and Arrows... I plan on being undestracted on a good system for my first Clockwork Angels spin.

Great poll Owl!

Of course I will play the cd on my stereo with no distractions!

My Rush Fan Pack should be coming any day now.

Can't wait!

RUSH ON!

Hey I have Dan UGGLA in my Baseball Fantasy League. Did you know that "Uggla" means Owl in Swedish?

1022.gif