Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler

I think "On Every Street" is loaded with good songs. Nothing truly epic, but more consistently good than the first two albums, I'd say.

The title track is amazing.

What a great riff! It goes on a bit long, but hey, that's Dire Straits.

I think "On Every Street" is loaded with good songs. Nothing truly epic, but more consistently good than the first two albums, I'd say.

I saw that tour in Oakland. Second row! It was an amazing show! It's so sad where Mark is these days musically. I buy his solo stuff hoping for a guitar oriented rock record. He bores me now.

Alas he is a Legend. His guitar tone is up there with the GREATS!

I saw that tour in Oakland. Second row! It was an amazing show! It's so sad where Mark is these days musically. I buy his solo stuff hoping for a guitar oriented rock record. He bores me now.

Alas he is a Legend. His guitar tone is up there with the GREATS!

With that said, I think there's always a track or two in his albums that reminisce of his more up tempo stuff with Dire Straits.

Another great band that I really enjoy! Thank you for this thread.

I have about a 45 minute drive home from work, and I work a challenging customer service job that can leave me a bit taxed. What do I listen to MOST days on the way home on my ipod that has six thousand songs on it?

The "Love Over Gold" album!

I just think "Telegraph Road" in particular is sublime, but the rest of the cuts are really strong. I consider this my favorite Dire Straits work.

• Like 2

I like On Every Street but feel it should have been a mark solo album. it's more similar to Golden heart then anything else.

Micl

It essentially is a solo album. Still interesting, though.
  • Like 1