Cut To The Chase

Open Secrets

Neurotica

Emotion Detector

Chain Lighting

Lessons

Available Light

The Fountain Of Lamneth

I agree with all these (especially Neurotica; my fave from side B of Roll The Bones), except for the Fountain Of Lamneth.

Set 1:

Alien Shore

Cut to the Chase

Open Secrets

Vapor Trail

Different Strings (extended Outro Solo)

Tears

Losing It

Sweet Miracle

Bravest Face

Chain Lightning

Neurotica

Available Light

Even RUSH's overlooked Songs would make an awesome set list!

:codger:

• Like 1

Nocturne, if they could produce it live the way it sounds on the album.

Also Vapor trails, I don't think it's going to happen though, kind of like I don't think Afterimage is going to happen, they both hold too much past emotion if I'm not mistaken.

There are some songs that just wouldn't sound right live.

A lot of people of want Different Strings, Losing It, and Available Light, but those songs wouldn't fit in live because of their slow style. I don't see any of the 3 getting played. Rivendell, Madrigal, Tai Shan, Heresy, The Stars Look Down wouldn't fit well live either, but those really aren't popular enough to be pulled out of the vault several years later like they did with Entre Nous, Presto, and Between Sun and Moon anyway. Cut To The Chase and Bravest Face may have a shot, though.

Edited by Super25Smasher

I'd love to hear Second Nature. Didn't they rehearse it for R30 and drop it or something?

Was just listening to that song today and thought it be a good song to play live?

• Like 1

I honestly think Losing It is quite a bit overrated myself. It was awesome to see a song that had never been played live, but I would rather have seen Lessons, Cut to the Chase, The Fountain of Lamneth, or Before and After. I'm not complaining though. All in all this was one of the best set lists ever. :haz:
  • Like 2

A lot of people of want Different Strings, Losing It, and Available Light, but those songs wouldn't fit in live because of their slow style. I don't see any of the 3 getting played. Rivendell, Madrigal, Tai Shan, Heresy, The Stars Look Down wouldn't fit well live either, but those really aren't popular enough to be pulled out of the vault several years later like they did with Entre Nous, Presto, and Between Sun and Moon anyway. Cut To The Chase and Bravest Face may have a shot, though.

"Losing It" turned out to be great on the R40 tour. Not so sure we'd ever hear it live again though, assuming there will ever be any future tour dates.

• Like 1

"Losing It" turned out to be great on the R40 tour. Not so sure we'd ever hear it live again though, assuming there will ever be any future tour dates.

I loved seeing it in NYC. I just didn't think it would happen.

I honestly think Losing It is quite a bit overrated myself. It was awesome to see a song that had never been played live, but I would rather have seen Lessons, Cut to the Chase, The Fountain of Lamneth, or Before and After. I'm not complaining though. All in all this was one of the best set lists ever. :haz:

:cheerleader: Yes indeed...

It would be Nice to See a Reunion Tour with about 6 to 7 songs they've never played Live:

Set 1:

1.Instrumedley: (Working Man/ Fly By Night/ Bastille Day/ A Passage to Bangkok/ Cygnus X-1/ Prelude)

2. Spirit of the Radio

3. Caravan

4. Chain Lightning

5. Cut to the Chase

6. Alien Shore

7. Gangster of Boats (Where's my Thing/ Leave that Thing Alone / Limbo)

8. Freewill

9 Headlong Flight

Set 2:

10. The Big money

11. Subdivisions

12. Distant Early Warning

13. Open Secrets

14. Different Strings

15. Sweet Miracle

16. Available Light

17. La Villa Strangiatto

18. Xanadu

Encore :

19. Limelight

20, Tom Sawyer

21. YYZ

Encore 2:

22. 2112 (Overture/ Temple/ Finale)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

A little off topic for this thread. But something to think about.

The last thing the band collaborated on together, in terms of music - was the arrangement of Losing It, with Geddy writing a new bass part. That we know of anyway.

• Like 1

Losing It has been played in R40
  • Like 1

How It Is is also a 'slower' song - but that gem was also played on R40.

How It Is is also a 'slower' song - but that gem was also played on R40.

Available Light would never work live. The band doesn't even care for it, unlike most Rush fans.

It would be Nice to See a Reunion Tour with about 6 to 7 songs they've never played Live:

Set 1:

1.Instrumedley: (Working Man/ Fly By Night/ Bastille Day/ A Passage to Bangkok/ Cygnus X-1/ Prelude)

2. Spirit of the Radio

3. Caravan

4. Chain Lightning

5. Cut to the Chase

6. Alien Shore

7. Gangster of Boats (Where's my Thing/ Leave that Thing Alone / Limbo)

8. Freewill

9 Headlong Flight

Set 2:

10. The Big money

11. Subdivisions

12. Distant Early Warning

13. Open Secrets

14. Different Strings

15. Sweet Miracle

16. Available Light

17. La Villa Strangiatto

18. Xanadu

Encore :

19. Limelight

20, Tom Sawyer

21. YYZ

Encore 2:

22. 2112 (Overture/ Temple/ Finale)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I always wondered why they never played Cut to the Chase or some of the other Vapor Trails songs live
  • Like 1