RUSH confirmed for Sweden Rock Festival in 2013

rocketom

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 21 2012, 09:16 AM)
Thats the show they should record

Hmm...I dunno.

I think if they are recording for a DVD, it should be in front of a full Rush audience.

Like, when they did the 'Sarstock' performance in Toronto back in 2003, it was a great performance by them, but the atmosphere in the crowd was super dull.

For DVD's, I think they need to stick to a full audience that paid to see Rush.

(BTW...woo-hoo, I'm now a 'God of Balance' on TRF! 1022.gif)

I don't think they should record it necessarily. I wouldn't argue if they do, but I probably wouldn't buy it. I suspect that in a festival environment, with a shortened set, all you're going to get is the Big Ten songs that everyone knows... and we already have those songs in live album form many times over.

Who are they playing with ? Because if it's not Their crowd , a recording might not be such a wise idea . Nothing like recording a dvd of your show and the whole time 70,000 people are chanting SLAYER laugh.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 21 2012, 08:16 AM)
Thats the show they should record

My first inclination was to agree 100%. I'm undecided now though.

On the plus side, it'd be pretty amazing to have a DVD of them playing at a festival. ( though I've read online that the festival drew 35,000 people in 2011).

On the minus side, would they play the same entire set as the rest of the tour? Would the fringe rush fans in the crowd be into it, given that there's likely to be a significant amount of Clockwork material on this tour?

One of the things I liked most about Rush in Rio, and Live in Cleveland, is the passion of the fans. To me, it's the fans that take those dvd's up a notch. I'm not sure we'd see that from a festival crowd.

Edited by Phantom

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 21 2012, 08:41 AM)
I don't think they should record it necessarily. I wouldn't argue if they do, but I probably wouldn't buy it. I suspect that in a festival environment, with a shortened set, all you're going to get is the Big Ten songs that everyone knows... and we already have those songs in live album form many times over.

Dude, didn't you read it would be a complete show?

confused13.gif

Anyway, They shouldn't record this tour at a festival because much of the audience would not be familiar with their newer material. This tour should be recorded somewhere where they have a huge fan base. Then when they are tour in Support of R40, only then should they record at a festival since most of the set list will be classics and more familiar!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I see that my suggestion was very unpopular. I change my mind they shouldn't record that perform record the Toronto shows because I'll be at both of them tongue.gif

Where is it mentioned that it will be a complete show? And keep in mind that it's a year away. I mean, we don't even know what a "complete show" would really mean. They may very well do something slightly different.

Second, even if they don't do a big, special for DVD recording, theres a possibility that the festival will do it for broadcast or something. It may very well be a short bit of it (ala LVS at Pink Pop) or a complete recording (Sarstock). Quality would be iffy though, always is with those things.

EDIT: RIAB says they are headlining it. May very well not be the same as their usual shows.

Edited by sdhonda

Festivals do tend to broadcast these events on their websites or within the countries the concert takes place in. These pop up over on YouTube or as bootlegs within a day or two of the show. Some shows end up being valuable, with a good mix and some good camera shots, but others can have terrible mixes (i.e. Drums way out front with bass and barely any guitar).

So does anybody know anything about the seating at these venues? Is the Sweden festival and the Helsinki show just general admission or is there reserved floor seating?

It turns out I have a conference in Sweden from June 6-10!!!

QUOTE (kid-gloves @ May 21 2012, 12:56 PM)
So does anybody know anything about the seating at these venues? Is the Sweden festival and the Helsinki show just general admission or is there reserved floor seating?

What conference? Maybe I can get myself a ticket to that as well!!

2.gif

QUOTE (kid-gloves @ May 21 2012, 12:56 PM)
So does anybody know anything about the seating at these venues?  Is the Sweden festival and the Helsinki show just general admission or is there reserved floor seating?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/SEATING1.jpg

Here's a picture from last year. Looks like fun! laugh.gif