Front 15 rows

Gilbertk

It is f***ing AMAZING being up close to the guys. I swear, that once you experience it up close, you won't be able to settle for anything less. I was spoiled by seeing them front row back in 2007, but it was one of the best experiences of my life, and if you can manage it, you NEED, I repeat NEED to see RUSH up close and personal. There is nothing like it. Especially when they are your absolute favourite band and you have Geddy grimacing his face (like hes taking a poop) when he hits a really low note on his old jazz bass literally a foot from your face....

Nothing like it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give a little perspective:

15th row:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kbomb106/Rush%207%2011%2008/Picture180.jpg

10th row:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kbomb106/Rush%207%2019%2010/DSCF0127.jpg

1st row:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kbomb106/Rush%206%2015%2008/IMG_0218.jpg

If you're anywhere on the floor, it's usually pretty good. This is 2nd section back. I'm sorry; I forget the row, but 20 something, most likely:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kbomb106/Rush%209-14-10/DSCF0761.jpg

I don't think I used the zoom with any of these pics, but I may have.

I had row 1 in vegas, and it was surreal. For me, it has it's ups and down. On the plus side, it was almost like a private concert. Just amazing. Also, being that close to the stage, I could hear Neils drums themselves, rather than hearing them through the amps and speakers. That in itself made the experience unlike any other.

On the down side though, much of the visual impact of the show was lost on me. I couldn't see the lighting effects very well.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 20 2012, 11:40 PM)
I got rows 20 and 21 for two different shows, I hope it's not too bad. I was hoping for closer though. I'm 5'8, but I can stand on my tippy toes if need be smile.gif

Time to break out a pair of these.

user posted image

I have second row for one of the two shows im going to, although for the other show its something like 38th row on the floor. Anyone know what being further back on the floor is like? i'm hoping it will be enjoyable and it wont seem like i am miles away from the stage. Edited by 2112rush

I'm VERY VERY lucky as I haven't been beyond 3rd row for any concert for many years, ADA issues though!

Honestly, it is like the band is playing just to you. The eye contact, the interaction as they are basically staring you right in the face, is a feeling you will never forget!

In 2010 I had Geddy right in front of me and I was in heaven. I did something that caught their attention ( not saying what wink.gif and Geddy had Praetorian bring out t-shirts for me and my kids.

When they catch your eye they will play directly in front of you or Alex will do something goofy, it's a cool experience!

OK, I'll be different here and say that I don't really care to be up that close. For me, it's too hard to take in the "complete show". I much prefer being back around FOH or higher where I can see the whole stage and everything that's going on, but that's just me.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2012, 11:48 AM)
OK, I'll be different here and say that I don't really care to be up that close. For me, it's too hard to take in the "complete show". I much prefer being back around FOH or higher where I can see the whole stage and everything that's going on, but that's just me.

I wouln't say I like being further back better, it's just different. There are definite advantages to being further back with biggest one being that, as mentioned by others on this thread, the visuals are better if you're back a bit. I've had like row 30 a couple of times, dead center and those were very, very good seats for seeing the whole show while still being close enough to see the guys fairly well.

Thanks guys! I'm really excited for this now!

But my girlfriend is about 5 and a half feet tall.. will her whole experience be ruined?

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 21 2012, 01:53 PM)

But my girlfriend is about 5 and a half feet tall.. will her whole experience be ruined?

She can stand on the seat and be the same height as everyone else biggrin.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 21 2012, 03:20 PM)

Until the asshole that makes $5.50 an hr tells her to get down

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 02:21 PM)

True, true.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2012, 03:21 PM)

Awe, that's not really fair. Regardless of what the guy makes, he has a job to do and keeping people from standing on chairs, falling off and then suing the venue, the promoter, the band AND the manufacturer of the chair ... is his job.

OP, tell your girl to wear really high heals.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2012, 02:49 PM)

Awe, that's not really fair. Regardless of what the guy makes, he has a job to do and keeping people from standing on chairs, falling off and then suing the venue, the promoter, the band AND the manufacturer of the chair ... is his job.

I hear stripper boots, with the 6-inch platforms, are really "in" right now.

http://www.stripperboots.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/stripper-boots-2-300x300.jpg

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ May 21 2012, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 21 2012, 12:23 PM)
Here is a view from the 3rd row wink.gif

Stick It Out - 3rd Row

Alex's side - 2nd Row

Those videos are excellent Snaked! Fabulous photo Unatractive Truth wub.gif

Thanks for posting.

Thanks.

I just got a new camera so I should get some great pix/vid from the 3 shows I'm going to this year.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 21 2012, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 20 2012, 11:40 PM)
I got rows 20 and 21 for two different shows, I hope it's not too bad. I was hoping for closer though. I'm 5'8, but I can stand on my tippy toes if need be smile.gif

Time to break out a pair of these.

user posted image

Hah! I may need to get a pair of these

I have a shot at getting 2nd or 3rd row, but the ticket is on the far end of the section....like seat 3 or 5. Is that too far away, or is it still a great show? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 21 2012, 08:27 PM)
I have a shot at getting 2nd or 3rd row, but the ticket is on the far end of the section....like seat 3 or 5. Is that too far away, or is it still a great show? confused13.gif

For me the angle is far too extreme to be on the outside like that.

But if you've never been up front then do it, you'll have the time of your life.

I've been up in the first 15 rows more times than I can remember so I can be picky to the point of not wanting to take those seats.. but for somebody who has never been up front like that, go for it.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2012, 03:49 PM)

How about "Dime store security guard" Is that better ?

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ May 21 2012, 03:49 PM)

What about mosh pits? Those seem more dangerous than chairs and that still goes on. And aren't people allowed to hold up their kids, or hold on to them on a chair? I'm not sure how a kid on the floor can see any other way unless they are right up front.