Front 15 rows

Gilbertk

Yes I'm lame and got the VIP package.

My question is, are there seats up there? (I'm going to the Atlanta show) I've never been that far up and I'm just wondering what to expect.

What's it like up front??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are seats but you will only use them prior to the show and during the break. The big difference in being on the floor versus seated is the fact that with them that close in your face, you feel like you are getting your own personal show put on for you. Sweet indeed. The other difference is the fact that you participate more, you're rocking out with the band for the night.

I'm spoiled now for floors and have a tough time going back. Enjoy the experience, it is special!

BTW, get there early. My routine is to walk around the facility looking at the different viewpoints of the stage They're decent...but then you get to walk down those stairs and you get closer and closer to the stage...does that ever feel nice!

QUOTE (Jeffrey @ May 19 2012, 09:27 PM)
you feel like you are getting your own personal show put on for you. Sweet indeed. The other difference is the fact that you participate more, you're rocking out with the band for the night.

I'm spoiled now for floors and have a tough time going back.

Yep.

Me too.

I had 3rd row last time around and it's amazing.

It is also VERY loud. Get yourself some Hearos earplugs made specifically for concerts. They actually enhance the audio rather than detracting from it, as you can hear the nuances that otherwise might be missed in the sheer volume.

If you are close enough, you'll actually hear the drums themselves as opposed to hearing them through the sound system. Very cool.

i was in the thrid row for S&A tour right in front of Alex and it was amazing. Alex was hamming it with everyone and I even caught a Tshirt he threw out

Same here, going to Atlanta and getting close for the first time, my dad and I saved up money after the last go around and could actually afford good seats, i went pre-sale and got row 8, because VIP was just a little more than what we could afford, but I hope VIP works out for everyone in the ATL and yall get first 5 rows

AWESOME! There is nothing like making eye contact with one of the guys and getting a smile. Or a tee shirt or pick (not that I got either of those). You can hear all those people behind you but you can't see them so it feels more intimate. Enjoy your show! 1022.gif

It's amazing being up front. I was front row for Snakes and Arrows in Pittsburgh, right in front of Alex. Amazingly I bought those tickets the first day of public sale from a ticketmaster outlet. Imagine doing that now!

It's just you and the band and you catch the facial expressions, the interaction between the band members, and the interaction that they have with you personally. You get an appreciation for them as people as well as the artists that have rocked our world for almost 40 years!

Have an amazing time at the show!

I can't speak for rows 2-15 but it was amazing being in the front row at the Syracuse show two years ago. Like another poster said, it's like getting your own private concert, it's just you and the band. You hear the crowd but it seems like nobody else is there because all you can see is the band in front of you. Plus, being that close you really get to study the playing of everyone better than ever. I was on Alex's side and to see him do all the stuff he does on guitar right up in my face was my greatest concert experience ever. Especially watching him play La Villa ohmy.gif

If you don't think it's possible to like Rush more than you do already, seeing them up close will change that.

Yes, it is amazing.

We had 7th row on the first leg of the Time Machine tour and my brother caught one of Alex's shirts, we got a goofy grin and a head shake during some bad air guitar, it's awesome!

Unfortunately, I'm in the club box this time. Binoculars and ass boils.

bncegrn.gif Im so jealous ! Ive never been in the first three rows. Either i had the money and no luck....or no money and not close.

But im always there with Bells and a smile...and lots of energy to Rock !

I was front row in Omaha 2010 and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Alex noticed my German flag and mouthed to me: 'Where are you from?' I screamed: 'Germany' and he threw me a 'Slobovich' Shirt when they came out for the encore.

Enjoy it and have fun - it rocks loud 'n' hard up front.

Two words: fukking incredible.

Front row last year June 28th and it was only one of the greatest experiences of my entire life (and I'm 55 and have attended at least 200 concerts). The coolest thing for me when in the front row (I've been lucky enough to have front row for The Allman Bros., Jethro Tull and Metallica as well as Rush last year) is to turn around and look at all the people behind you and get kind of an idea what it's like to be on stage and see the whole audience in front of you. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, eye contact with the guys, seeing them play that close, a smile from one of them (got one from Ged on the R30 tour when he saw me singing along with him to Subdivisions from my seat in row 3....yeah, had a pretty killer seat that night too *smile*), etc. are all things that make being up close so special.

Edited by driventotheedge

Rush has rarely performed around here so when they announced a date for the second leg of the S&A tour nearby I made sure I got up close - 4th row, Geddy's side in front of Mini-Neil! My wife and I stopped and looked around before we walked down the stairs to the floor. I said "Wow, we're actually going to be way down there near the front!" When we finally reached our seats it was awe-inspiring to see all the gear up close but when the lights went down and we heard the opening chords of Limelight as the boys walked out...well, there really isn't words to describe that feeling when you're up that close.

This time around I'm taking my three boys to their first Rush show this September so unfortunately I couldn't spring for close seats, partly financial reasons and partly they might be a little too short to see properly unless we got really close. But I'm so happy to get to see them again and even happier I can share my experience with my children, too!

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ May 20 2012, 01:55 PM)
I scored second row, a few seats in on Alex's side for the Saskatoon Show. Reading this thread basically confirms my excitement; this is gonna be nothing short of awesome. biggrin.gif

Same here. I score a few seats from the edge on Ged's side front row. I'm super stoked. I just need to get those foam earplugs from the pharmacy.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 20 2012, 09:40 PM)
I got rows 20 and 21 for two different shows, I hope it's not too bad. I was hoping for closer though. I'm 5'8, but I can stand on my tippy toes if need be smile.gif

Im also pretty short (5'5"), is it considered "bad concert etiquette" to stand on the chairs to get an even better view or to maximize t-shirt-catching potential? tongue.gif