Box Office Ticket.

phlaaps

I would never take a chance like that on a band I really wanted to see. Plus, the outdoor venue the bands play is a good 60-90 minute drive and the usual indoor venue is at least 30 minutes. I wouldn't go all that way on the off-chance the box office might have good tickets when the alternative is to just get them online during the pre-sales.

I have looked up tickets on the day of the show in towns I had no chance of being in just to see what was available and was amazed at the what was unsold just a few hours before show time.

If you want to take the chance or are thinking about it, do it. You might score a major win.

BTW at the last show I attened the girl sitting next to me bought her ticket either the day of the show or a couple of days before....although way off to the extreme end, we were front row.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

I'll tell another story about people scoring awesome seats the day of. Back in 07 in Columbus. Venue was Germain Amphitheater. I managed to score row 6, Geddy's side like a week after tickets went on sale. Couple sitting next to me got their tickets only a few hours before the concert.

I have done it, not for Rush. Our very own Tick did it for Rush and got like the 3rd row yes.gif

Time Machine tour at Wachovia Center (Philly), I got front row on the day of the show. I always check on the day of the show -- just arrive early enough to be the first in line when the box office opens.

I got 3rd row for Dave Matthews doing the same thing.

I've struck out every other time. But I always try. :-)

There are always local VIPs and season ticket holders who elect not to use their tickets. Those tickets get released the day of the show so you can score good seats. Sometimes.

I would never ever do it without having a back-up ticket already in hand. If you get lucky, go sell your original ticket for whatever you can get and enjoy. If not, then at least you know you will not get shut out or end up paying above face for a scalper ticket.

Good luck!