Proclaimed "Album Leak" Link

worthog

I found this on youtube:

(MOD EDIT: Link deleted - possible virus source. And if it IS a link to the actual album, that's not allowed here.)

As tempting as it is, I don't have the cajones to do it. I am guessing it is fake. But hey, if anyone else wants to try and tell me what happens, go right ahead.

It could be real but just Caravan and BU2B...who knows?

BTW, I am downloading the album on Itunes and buying a hard copy. I don't pirate music smile.gif Its all on youtube anyway, no reason to pirate anymore, I am just an interested Rush fan that wants to hear the new album as much as everyone else.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm unsure.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ May 16 2012, 11:39 PM)
Total spam. Not worth the time no.gif

Whatever it was, I deleted the link from the original post.

People, please don't post links to downloadable copies of the songs -- whether you know they're legit, or think they could be fake. No matter which it is, you're either illegally distributing copyrighted songs, or possibly distributing a virus. Neither is acceptable here.

The folder has all the songs in it but requires a password to open them with a media player.

Well, the link in the youtube description box leads to MediaFire, a standard file upload site, there's no harm in going that far. And the file in question is a .zip, which can't possibly do stuff to your computer by simply downloading it, just don't run anything in it. The 87 MB file size is plausible...

FWIW.

Edit - refer to 1001001's post wink.gif

Edit - Also, utterly not legitimate.

From the readme included in the zip: "I have set a simple password for the album to prevent copyrighting. To get the password

you must complete a 30 second survey to bypass it. You can just put all fake info for

the survey, and just skip to the end until you get the download for the .txt file password."

what an amateur. laugh.gif

Edited by Steel Rat

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 16 2012, 11:25 PM)
If you look at the TAG dates you'll see things were created in 2008. Fake as f**k. Also, Caravan is only 1thousand KB's? Since when was Caravan a smaller file size than BU2B?

That's why I was saying in the other thread that the fakes are usually pretty easy to spot.

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 17 2012, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 16 2012, 11:25 PM)
If you look at the TAG dates you'll see things were created in 2008. Fake as f**k. Also, Caravan is only 1thousand KB's? Since when was Caravan a smaller file size than BU2B?

That's why I was saying in the other thread that the fakes are usually pretty easy to spot.

Yes, that and the password stuff. Always fake.

There is no album leak yet. Soon though I also seeing it hitting the Interwebz before the end of this weekend.

There is a lossless Headlong Flight download however, with both the album version and radio edit.

wink.gif

Personally I feel like I haven't heard new Rush since Snakes and Arrows released. I pre-ordered this new album weeks ago, but will gladly grab a leaked version the first opportunity I get.

Only 26 days to release. I think that may qualify us to be in the final countdown. I'm glad to wait for the cd release and it's good sound quality. I hope it doesn't leak early. If it does, I hope leak threadstarters properly identify their threads with spoiler leak warnings.

Good luck Roadrunner! smile.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif

Doesn't look like a virus.

Just a scam to get you to sign up to an

SMS phone competition.

Never seen password protected mp3 files like that before anyway....

Nice try kid....