06 - Best Song From Hemispheres

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Cygnus X-1: Book Two - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

Normally, this should be a very difficult decision, but since it is my favorite song ever.....I voted for THE TREES!!! this song played an integral role in rush becoming what they are to me today. the 5/4 part still blows me away every time!!! wacko.gif

Man this sucks. Do any of you get a guilty conscience from voting like I do? Jeez!!

I voted The Trees.

I need to stop responding to these polls, it's killing me to pick one song over others I also love.

Peeking between my fingers, I went La Villa. Very close to picking Hemispheres, but there's parts of that epic that doesn't quite seem to coalesce as well it should, that I have a feeling even the boys would like to redo. (One example, "When all at once the chaos ceased.." section - it's too stark a transition for me, I don't care how much choas is ceasing)

La Villa on the other hand, to me is perfect down to every last note. Very unusual for me to pick an instrumental as I love what words can add to a song, but La Villa it is.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 10:34 PM)
What do you think is the best song from this album?

yes.gif This in my opinion is Rush's Opus for sure. The whole LP is pure genius. My fave in the grabd sceme of things! I picked La Villa because of ..well Its just so damn HOT!!!!!!!

La Villa is one of the greatest songs is history. The song is coffee in a song. I just taught myself to drum to it. I just have trouble in a couple of areas.

Any drummers contact me.

The best RUSH instrumental. Followed extremely closely by YYZ on Exit...Stage Left.