06 - Best Song From Hemispheres

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Cygnus X-1: Book Two - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

This whole album Rocks,, but La Villa is just pure heaven to listen to when im driving my car in the summer

Side 1. Cygnus X-1, Book II. This was tough because La Villa is amazing, Alex especially so. Alex's solo is on La Villa is my favourite of all of his work. Side 1 is the whole band over the top, not just Alex, so it gets my vote.

ok, this must be the hardest of them all!! I cant decide at all, all songs are great on this one, but I probarly choise La Villa Strangiato, since thats their best instrumental song, and they will never do another one that is same class!

Apollo was astonished, Dionysus thought them mad. But they heard their story further and they wondered and were sad. Sad the guys don't pull this off on the lighted stage
  • Like 1

I can't decide. The whole album is amazing! It's hard to not vote for Cygnus X-1, but The Trees is my favorite "short" Rush song, and La Villa Strangiato is the best instrumental ever made. Circumstances is my least favorite of the album, but it's still awesome and I love the F#sus4 (I think that's Alex plays, when Geddy sings "A boy alone").

I guess I have to say Cygnus X-1. I love the chords, all the arpeggios, the solos, the Taurus, the epic lyrics, and the length (all the best songs are 20 minutes!).

Great album. All great songs, but the title track epic, "Cygnus X-1, Book II" is their best work ever IMO.

This for me as well.

This suite worked so well for me in so many ways. I loved to listen to it on headphones with my eyes shut and picture everything (though you should have seen me jump the first time at ..........."THEN ALL AT ONCE THE CHAOS CEASED."). It also worked great to crank up over the speakers and in the car...where ever, when ever!

The imagery of the lyrics and the sheer gymnastics they were pulling off on their instruments while still being so MELODIC was astounding on Cygnus X-1, Bk 2. I've still never heard better bass bits that this piece, and my favorite Peart fill of all time happens at the climax of part V (Cygnus) at 16:26. Just......damn*.

* (nod to Honorable Mention of the drumming on the latter part of "Jacob's Ladder" which also amazes me).

• Like 1

The Trees. Always loved it

In all honesty, I prefer side B of this album to side A everytime! I feel it all went a bit over the top with the first side, although I do still enjoy it!