Ronnie James Dio

metaldad

2 years ago today we lost one of the Greatest singers in Rock/Metal. Have a brew and crank some Rainbow or Sabbath or Dio and remember what we will never hear agian

1022.gif rose.gif 1022.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2012, 02:05 PM)
2 years ago today we lost one of the Greatest singers in Rock/Metal. Have a brew and crank some Rainbow or Sabbath or Dio and remember what we will never hear agian
1022.gif rose.gif 1022.gif

1022.gif

I'm going to fire up Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules on my way home. I saw him on the Last in Line tour, and again on his second to last show ever. In his prime, no one could touch him.

"Oh, no. Here it comes again . . ."

The greatest metal singer of all time! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ May 16 2012, 03:43 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc2xvEa4Qw0...ture=plpp_video

Enjoy.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif I have this on vhs laugh.gif Thanx

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 16 2012, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ May 16 2012, 03:43 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc2xvEa4Qw0...ture=plpp_video

Enjoy.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif I have this on vhs laugh.gif Thanx

Great tour. I had 5th row center in New Haven. Sabbath shocked the hell out of me that night. Had no idea they would be so good! It was my first Sabbath show. I loved Blue Oyster Cult, but they toasted them!

No way was it really 2 years ago....it seemed like yesterday when he passed away. He put on a great live show like the one i saw in Hampton Va at the Hampton Coliseum.

RIP 1022.gif

1022.gif Edited by g under p

Cranking Children Of The Sea 1022.gif

The saddest day i've ever experienced as a metal fan was when I heard that Dio had passed away. I never thought a musicians death would make me cry as much his did. Still can't believe he isn't with us anymore.

I'm listening to the rematered version of Holy Diver right now 1022.gif

RIP Ronnie James Dio rose.gif

Thanx for posting. Just watched the heaven and hell dvd. Love it... rip ronnie

Just a side note: my guitarist interviewed dio for a mag, and said he was a "perfect english gentleman". Pretty down to earth and cool dude...)

I posted this on my Facebook page, but I thought I would share it here-

Back in 2008 I had the distinct pleasure of meeting one of the nicest, most genuine guys in rock and roll, Ronnie James Dio. I met him at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ when Black Sabbath were promoting their box set, The Rules Of Hell, which is the Ronnie James Dio years of Black Sabbath. Thanks to Scott Lynch (aka Scott Evil of WDHA 105.5 FM) I got to hang out in the back room of Vintage Vinyl with the members of Black Sabbath for a good half hour one on one. When I met Ronnie, I thanked him for taking the time out to meet his fans, and he sincerely turned to me and said " No thank you, without you, I would be nothing!" I was really taken aback by how nice and sincere that he was. I feel very fortunate to have met him face to face, an absolute icon in the metal world. We lost him 3 years ago today. We miss you Ronnie, but your music will always live on. Metal horns up!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/2326_1097233704826_64_n.jpg

• Like 4