It is official OFFICIAL

D3strukt

I wouldn't have ripped up my tickets. Sabbath is still playing without Ward, right? I would've put my tickets on stubhub and see what I could get for them.

As for Bill not playing with them, I passed the point of caring a long time ago. As a long time Sabbath fan i've grown tired of the drama that has surrounded the band for so many years now. Plus, it's not like the other three haven't played together without Bill on drums before.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 15 2012, 10:11 PM)
I wouldn't have ripped up my tickets. Sabbath is still playing without Ward, right? I would've put my tickets on stubhub and see what I could get for them.

As for Bill not playing with them, I passed the point of caring a long time ago. As a long time Sabbath fan i've grown tired of the drama that has surrounded the band for so many years now. Plus, it's not like the other three haven't played together without Bill on drums before.

I'm boycotting them. This money bullshit is getting old. I'm a huge fan of sabbath, from Dio, to Gillian to Gillen to Martin, and all the line up changes, but when it's the Orignal 4, it needs to stay that way. And if it can't. Then it should be called Black Sabbath, featuring Vinny Appice. (since he's the only logical replacement, but I hear Tommy f***ing Clustefos is playing drums.)

This is absolute BULL. Not only have Black Sabbath alienated themselves, they've alienated their own f***ing fans. I swear, if anything comes out even hinting at an involvement by Sharon Osbourne, I will effectively trash all my Ozzy and Sabbath CDs.

There was no reason that the reps couldn't hand Ward a contract that allowed him to play all three gigs. Instead, they try to f**k him over like he HAS been for years. Why even make the big announcement event back in November if a contract hadn't been settled by then? I'm in Ward's camp here. There's no reason this should have happened, and because it has, it's effectively screwed every Sabbath fan, old and new, over.

With all my love for this band, Sabbath have a history of shi**ing with the fans. Opening for Ozzy and Ronnie justly walking out, playing in Sun City in the exact moment all the eyes of the world were there (lots of hypocrisy involved), so many other stories...

I made up my mind years ago that, with Sabbath, all that matters is the MUSIC. They are still magical making music. All the rest they are, at best, like elephants in a glass shop. Wheter that is intentional or not, is still to be seen. Unprofessional managers have a lot to do with this.

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 16 2012, 08:03 AM)
I will effectively trash all my Ozzy and Sabbath CDs.

Well, you're not making Sharon losing any money doing this. Actually, chances are you will buy them all again in a few years.

Sabbath music is good. Their behaviour is... clumsy, at best.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 08:12 AM)
With all my love for this band, Sabbath have a history of shi**ing with the fans. Opening for Ozzy and Ronnie justly walking out, playing in Sun City in the exact moment all the eyes of the world were there (lots of hypocrisy involved), so many other stories...
I made up my mind years ago that, with Sabbath, all that matters is the MUSIC. They are still magical making music. All the rest they are, at best, like elephants in a glass shop. Wheter that is intentional or not, is still to be seen. Unprofessional managers have a lot to do with this.

I had no idea Black Sabbath were like that...

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 16 2012, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 16 2012, 08:12 AM)
I made up my mind years ago that, with Sabbath, all that matters is the MUSIC. They are still magical making music. All the rest they are, at best, like elephants in a glass shop. Wheter that is intentional or not,  is still to be seen. Unprofessional managers have a lot to do with this.

I had no idea Black Sabbath were like that...

Well, it's just the picture I've made of them after being a fan for what, 25 years? And let me stress it even more, I LOVE the band, I own every damn album, including all the Tony Martin ones (which are good). I even read Tony's book. I'm not bashing them, it's just how I see them.

The sad part is that Ozzy sued Iommi because he claimed that the 4 original members should share the rights to the name, even though he, and Geezer, and Bill all sold their rights to Iommi in the 80s. The threat of the lawsuit was what caused the Dio lineup to use the name Heaven & Hell when they reformed in 2006. Geezer came out about a year ago saying he would never be part of a Black Sabbath reunion. Now Iommi is sick, and Geezer goes out with Ozzy.

I love the Ozzy and Dio lineups' music. I don't love how the band conducts their business.

I have lost all respect for Geezer now. A year ago he said Never will Sabbath get back together . A year later he does not stick up for his "Friend" and Original drummer and now is touring wth Ozzy and Friends . I understand Tony is sick and has to worry about himself but both he and Geezer should have said No Bill, No Sabbath . f**k $haron and Ozzy and Geezer

They should jhave said "No Ronnie, No Sabbath" back then. And NO, NOT EVEN Ozzy makes us call ourselves "Heaven and Hell" when we're just playing the songs that come from the only period Sabbath were really great.

Never will I buy or pay to see anything post-1973-OZZY is on (apart from Blizzard of Oz, but that was for Randy Rhoads).

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ May 16 2012, 05:08 PM)
They should jhave said "No Ronnie, No Sabbath" back then. And NO, NOT EVEN Ozzy makes us call ourselves "Heaven and Hell" when we're just playing the songs that come from the only period Sabbath were really great.
Never will I buy or pay to see anything post-1973-OZZY is on (apart from Blizzard of Oz, but that was for Randy Rhoads).

I love the Dio era, but I'm sorry, all the early Sabbath albums are legendary!

You can hate the politics, but early Sabbath is why metal is what it is today!

I just saw their website. All the photos have been cropped to exclude Bill Ward. I read the band's biography and they briefly mentioned Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, & Headless Cross. Not one word of Dio's involvement in the band. The final bit mentioned that the Ozzy albums were better than any other period of Sabbath's existence. I've been pretty tolerant of this situation until now. The fact that they are shitting all over their history enrages me, especially the history of one of the band's most crucial periods. It's pathetic.