2013 - 05/26 - Birmingham, England - LG Arena

Yes mate, myself and Sottishdood are coming up with two mates for this. I'll be taking my son to the O2 on Friday too :-)

We'll probably be in the area early afternoon and have booked a hotel nearby for an overnight stay.

There is a slight possibility we may imbibe some alcoholic beverages prior to the show......

I'm travelling down from Glasgow. Still haven't booked travel and hotel. Anybody know the cheapest way to get there and back?:)

We're traveling up from London, shame I'd have given you a lift. Three of us are staying at the Hilton Metropole, 10 mins from the LG. I pre booked and got a twin room for £63.00 via the Hilton site, hope that helps.

I'm travelling down from Glasgow. Still haven't booked travel and hotel. Anybody know the cheapest way to get there and back? :)

We're traveling up from London, shame I'd have given you a lift. Three of us are staying at the Hilton Metropole, 10 mins from the LG. I pre booked and got a twin room for £63.00 via the Hilton site, hope that helps.

That's kind of you to say! Yeh thanks I ended up booking one at the ETAP which is not too far from the arena and is cheap :)

Dear Birmingham Crowd.

Were you all on mogadon tonight? I've never seen such a dead to the bone crowd in all my life. I thought London crowds sucked but F me you lot take the title. Do you think the band owe you something or what?

If you really don't like the band then don't buy tickets and let people who wanna stand up, rock out and enjoy the magnificence of this band take their place!

Glasgow....please please please don't let me down.

The sense of apathy tonight was palpable and the band noticed that...no two way interaction between artists and crowd!

We love this band and why should they even think about coming to these shores again after playing to a crowd like this tonight!!

Worst crowd ever, the lack of interaction with the band was epic! Alex didn't smile once! I was at the O2 on Friday and the difference was biblical, at that gig the guys were smiling laughing and goofing around with the crowd. Here tonight it was flat and totally disappointing. Never coming to the LG again.

Well I had an amazing time and would have been moshing like a maniac if I had been able to! :D 2 blokes got jumped on for dancing but they just moved away from the complainer. Seated gigs can cause problems if there are people who can't stand for long etc. I just headbanged, boogied in my seat until the rest of them around me stood up and then I was dancing like mad! AWESOME GIG! Thank you Geddy, Alex and Neil! Sorry the crowd was a bit pants for you!

And there we have it....the entire audience for YYZ! Where were the entire audience for all of the rest of the set list? Given that YYZ makes an appearance way towards the end of the show that's an awful lot of songs to wait to get interaction from the crowd wouldn't you say?

Maybe Brit crowds have forgotten how to enjoy themselves. For most of my section to be seated during 2112, I think that's a disgrace! Like I said before, this is a Rock Concert not a matinee showing of The Jersey Boys where you have to sit and tap your hand on your knee and nod along to the beat!!

I agree that the crowd was poor, I was sat on the side so there's only so much jumping around you can do up there. To be honest, I got the impression that people came to see the staples, and wanted more old stuff. The mid-career songs didn't go down well, and the CA stuff shouldn't all be in one go in my opinion, you lose a lot of the crowd by the end. YYZ, TS, TSoR and 2112 went down a storm, and I think if they'd stuck to that era, they'd have had a better reception.

I'm a fan of all the stuff, I knew all the songs etc, but my knowledge doesn't reflect the masses' unfortunately. Also, the videos were shit. No other word for them.

Still, I thought it was awesome, my first (hopefully not last) Rush gig, what a night!

Dear Birmingham Crowd.

Were you all on mogadon tonight? I've never seen such a dead to the bone crowd in all my life.

hey don't look at me,i was moshing all the way through the gig :haz: (until my back gave up/i suffer with lower back issues if i stand in one spot for too long).

i was 8 rows from the front on alex's side,and the gig kicked arse (i think alex was having problems with his ear monitors throughout though).

Well,I can't believe what I have just read about Birmingham!

I thought the whole night was fantastic.The new songs,the new mix of old stuff and the statutory songs.

The string section made Clockwork Angels sound great live and I loved it,even all in one go like the album is!

My wife and I had a superb night at the LG Arena and the gig was brilliant.

I agree with racefaceec90 Alex did have problems all night with his ear monitors and probably did'nt play up as much as usual.(perhaps because his dolls were missing).

The lads were great,the music was brilliant,the atmosphere was good and we will continue to show our appreciation whenever they tour again!

At the end of the day I want to hear Rush play live,fullstop. I know they can't carry on doing it forever,we have to make the most of it when we can!

Thankyou Neil,Geddy and Alex.

In agreement with Racefsceec90 and Gingermart, Gilby and I had a fantastic time!

True, others around us weren't rocking out but I didn't care! I was bouncing through the whole show!

My only regret was not paying out for tickets closer to the stage as at 5'0" I couldn't see that much.

Archived