Jam songs

Gilbertk

So in the past we've seen Rush mix up songs like Working Man, Where's My Thing, and Closer to the Heart with jams or extended intros/outros. Any songs you'd like to see extended? Just jammed on for awhile? I don't care for Freewill but if they extended the middle section and changed it up that would be pretty sweet.

I know before Moving Pictures was released Alex improvised the solo to find what he liked, some were pretty spectacular. Because he loves that solo so much, I doubt he'd change it, but what if he changed the solo in Tom Sawyer? Then they play something the casual fans know, but add something fresh for the hardcore fans.

I say all this because on the last tour they seemed to put a greater emphasis on improvisation (Leave That Thing Alone, Drum solo, Working Man) so I wonder what they might do on the CA Tour?

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 13 2012, 09:42 PM)
I 'd like them to Different Strings! I have always felt that sound would be great Live! They faded the solo out on the record so anything past that fade would be new!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

That solo always leaves me wanting more. Whenever it starts to fade I'm like noooooo.

QUOTE (Echoes @ May 13 2012, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 13 2012, 09:42 PM)
I 'd like them to Different Strings! I have always felt that sound would be great Live! They faded the solo out on the record so anything past that fade would be new!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

That solo always leaves me wanting more. Whenever it starts to fade I'm like noooooo.

Yep same here, They faded that just when it was getting good!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif