Do people stand up in the 300 section?

I got tickets pretty close to the back (money issues at the moment), and I was just wondering if the back, the 300s, stood up during the show? The Cleveland DVD showed them all sitting down, and I'm kind of disappointed about that. Although I'm pretty close to the back, so even if I stood up, I'd only be bothering a few people laugh.gif

In my experience, the back sections will stand up when they come onstage, but then start sitting down during the first song. There's no point in standing when you're that far back.

And I'll level with you... if everyone in the section is sitting down and you're standing up, blocking people's view behind you? Expect to have things thrown at you. It's rude.

Yeah, I've been in the 300 section a couple of times and people sit for the most part. They might stand up when the band comes out and maybe a couple really popular songs, but that's it.

I've been in the far back here in Atlanta and it wasn't so bad. Everyone was standing except for an elderly couple in front of me. She fell asleep halfway through the first set, he sat expect for songs like 2112 that he was excited to hear

We were in the front row on Friday for Roger Waters.

As soon as we got to our seats, the guy behind us said "You're not the kind of guys who stand up all through the show, are you?"

Are you kidding me?

confused13.gif

People are weird. You'll just have to judge it when you get there.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 13 2012, 05:26 PM)

As soon as we got to our seats, the guy behind us said "You're not the kind of guys who stand up all through the show, are you?"

Are you kidding me?

ohmy.gif fing.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 13 2012, 12:38 PM)
In my experience, the back sections will stand up when they come onstage, but then start sitting down during the first song. There's no point in standing when you're that far back.

And I'll level with you... if everyone in the section is sitting down and you're standing up, blocking people's view behind you? Expect to have things thrown at you. It's rude.

BS!,

I will stand up no matter where I am at. It's a concert not a poetry reading. You don't like it tough. People pay good money to see what ever band it is. Be ready to have people stand or sit regardless of the situation. That's part of it all. Adjust, or don't go at all. wink.gif

BTW, If some one throws some thing at me. You can bet it won't be pretty. Now that's being rude. Not standing up. cool.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 13 2012, 04:57 PM)

BS!,

I will stand up no matter where I am at. It's a concert not a poetry reading. You don't like it tough. People pay good money to see what ever band it is. Be ready to have people stand or sit regardless of the situation. That's part of it all. Adjust, or don't go at all. wink.gif

BTW, If some one throws some thing at me. You can bet it won't be pretty. Now that's being rude. Not standing up. cool.gif

Now take that entire rant you just posted, and pretend I said it, and I was talking about sitting down. You know, the part about how I paid a whole bunch of money and I shouldn't have to put up with someone ruining my good time.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 13 2012, 06:26 PM)

Are you kidding me?

confused13.gif

How was the show? I am going up to Buffalo to see him in June.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 13 2012, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 13 2012, 06:26 PM)

Are you kidding me?

confused13.gif

How was the show? I am going up to Buffalo to see him in June.

Unreal.

I posted a bunch of pics in this thread:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54610

Check them out if you're interested. Don't want to derail this thread.

wink.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 13 2012, 05:26 PM)

Are you kidding me?

confused13.gif

I would be tempted to offer to switch seats with him. He can sit down like a douche for three hours, and I wouldn't have my view obstructed in any way as I stood...all concert long.

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Or, I would tell him, "Why, yes! I AM the type that stands all concert long! We're in the freekin' FRONT ROW, you DOUCHE!! Go home and wait for the DVD...."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i personally cant stand it when people go to a show and sit down the whole time, you might as well just watch the dvd

at metallica everyone stood up, even in the highest seats in the arena, but at foo fighters everyone was sitting down, so my mates and i eventually just paid the security guard 20 bucks and he let us into the pit smile.gif

I haven't been in the top section for many concerts but my experience is that most people sit. It boils down to this, if most of the people stand up for the show then you stand but if everyone around is sitting, you sit. Just follow whatever the people in your section are doing. But just remember, if you stand when nobody else is and you're blocking somebody's view be prepared for them to say something. Which will end up ruining your enjoyment because people will be yelling at you.

The first time I saw Rush was on the T4E tour, in the same arena i'll be seeing them in this October. We had seats in the lower section on Geddy's side and everybody sat for the whole thing. Our view was great so there was no need to stand and it was as enjoyable as any show i've ever been to. So, sitting isn't always a bad thing. I prefer to stand though and only sit before the show and during intermission. That's of course if everything goes the way I want it to, which it has the last 5 times i've seen Rush.

I paid $167 for a seat in the club section. I'll stand if I damn well please.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 13 2012, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 13 2012, 04:57 PM)

BS!,

Now take that entire rant you just posted, and pretend I said it, and I was talking about sitting down. You know, the part about how I paid a whole bunch of money and I shouldn't have to put up with someone ruining my good time.

What ever,

It's not all about you and how much money you spent. During my original post I should have included that, yes there are rude and obnoxious people who will stand and be a**holes the whole time. My point is, a person should be able to stand and cheer. Especially if it's a tune that means a lot to them. It's a concert, you have to expect people to react differently. I will buy lawn tickets for the upcoming Tampa show and maybe some thing closer to Geddy. But that will be an isle seat. Just so I don't piss some one off who is being a Debbie downer.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ May 14 2012, 07:52 PM)
I paid $167 for a seat in the club section. I'll stand if I damn well please.

And if everyone in the section, who also paid $167 for a ticket, is sitting down, don't be surprised if the people whose view you are blocking start throwing shit at you.

Metaphorically or otherwise.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 14 2012, 06:25 PM)
QUOTE (Snyder80 @ May 14 2012, 07:52 PM)
I paid $167 for a seat in the club section.  I'll stand if I damn well please.

And if everyone in the section, who also paid $167 for a ticket, is sitting down, don't be surprised if the people whose view you are blocking start throwing shit at you.

Metaphorically or otherwise.

So these people you speak of,

Are they better than the rest of the crowd? What songs should one stand or sit? I am just curious.