My Fingers Are Crossed For Some

I've always loved "Available Light" from the "Presto" record.

I am sure the boys will shelf "Presto."

Wouldn't it be nice to hear "Available Light?"

Could Geddy sing it live in 2012?????

I would hope so. Then again I'm hoping they play "We Hold On."

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I have no doubt Geddy could sing this song today. There's nothing I see too hard about the vocals in the song. He has to get a higher range to sing the line "In the available light" but it's still within his current range, not in the impossible range like most of the 70s material.

I would love to hear them do it live. I've always liked the song a lot and have always wondered why it's never been played live? Maybe they think it's too slow of a song and it would kill the crowd? But then again, it can't kill the crowd any worse than The Larger Bowl did on the S&A tour can it? wink.gif

Hopefully the wind can carry the song to them so it can be played this tour.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 13 2012, 09:23 AM)
Available Light would kick some serious ass but I dont see it happening.

That's what I used to say about Presto and then they finally busted it out on the last tour. With the exception of the 70s stuff Geddy can't sing anymore, you never know what Rush might surprise us with each tour.

I do think it's definitely a song that would be well-received and well-executed by the band at this stage of their career, but I still don't think it will happen simply because they just did a rare, unplayed song from Presto on the last tour and probably will ignore the album this time around.

Available Light is one of those tunes I'd love to see them "pull from the vault." Can Geddy handle the high parts at this point? Probably not, but unless he plans to stick with S&A and CA tunes, he's going to be singing a lot of stuff he can't handle particularly well anymore anyway.

That's in my Top Five of all time, and I would have loved to see it played live... 20 years ago. Or even 10 years ago. Anyone who thinks Geddy can still hit "in the available light" several times every night for an entire tour is in serious denial. And that line is one of the highlights of the song - the song simply wouldn't be as good without it.

The reason he can still hit that high in Freewill is that it's one of the *only* times in the entire 3-hour show that he needs to get up that high. And he still doesn't nail it as well as he used to. I'd be very, very surprised if Freewill - or Available Light - was played on the CA tour.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 13 2012, 08:06 PM)
Agree with the above posts - would be awesome to here this one live!

2.gif

One of the best songs off Presto, If there anytime that this might happen it would be now with CA. If and only if they tour with an orchestra!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

It would be pretty cool if they played it. I can imagine some cool video in the background when I listen to it.

This was the last song to play on my ipod while I walked home from work tonight! I cranked it, to further my enjoyment of Geddy's "...in the available light"s. Remember how I got shivers the first time I heard that part!

This is one of my top 'dream tour set' picks. I would love to hear it live (and also get a chance to hear it without the tinny Presto production!), but can't see it getting pulled out by the boys. Dunno if Geddy's interested in singing that high part!

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 14 2012, 07:51 AM)
There's no way they're going to play Available Light. I'd uncross my fingers now if I were you.

I just love everytime someone comes up with "They'll never do that!' like they are inside RUSH's inner circle or mind or something!

Prior to Test 4 Echo it was "They'll never play 2112 again"

Then "They'll never play a Passage to Bangkok!" Followed by: "BY-Tor & The SnowDog","Cygnus X-1", "Circumstances", "Entre Nous"," Working Man", "Between the Wheels" "The Camera Eye", "All of Moving Pictures" No They will never play none of that again!

bitchslap.gif

If there's anything about RUSH is that they do what they want, and at times it's unpredictable!

cool.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 14 2012, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 14 2012, 07:51 AM)
There's no way they're going to play Available Light.  I'd uncross my fingers now if I were you.

I just love everytime someone comes up with "They'll never do that!' like they are inside RUSH's inner circle or mind or something!

Then "They'll never play a Passage to Bangkok!" Followed by: "BY-Tor & The SnowDog","Cygnus X-1", "Circumstances", "Entre Nous"," Working Man", "Between the Wheels" "The Camera Eye", "All of Moving Pictures" No They will never play none of that again!

bitchslap.gif

If there's anything about RUSH is that they do what they want, and at times it's unpredictable!

cool.gif

+1

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 14 2012, 08:06 AM)

But those are all great songs.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 14 2012, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 14 2012, 08:06 AM)

But those are all great songs.

That's what I was going to say.

Available Light is not a bad song, but I'm sure it's far down their list. All the other songs you listed are reasonable choices. With the exception of Entre Nous, they've played those songs live before and they sound great. Available Light would be one of those "pee-break" songs.

Been praying for this one live for years...go on...check my posts. I'll wait...

unsure.gif

m'kay...long enough. I will put my hands together and bow my head once more.

"Dear Ged, Would you please play, pretty please sing, cherry on top consider performing AVAILABLE LIGHT live on the Clockwork Angels tour? Thank you. Amen"

It would be awesome, Earl! I'd die to hear that song live!!

Wonder how they'd handle the multi-tracked vocals in the ending, tho.

I can imagine the audience "filling in" for Geddy if he cannot hit the high notes.

Would be great! trink38.gif

One of my fave tracks from the mellow side of post Power Windows Rush.

I would enjoy hearing this and can totally see them dusting this off. I say it's got a good shot as a dark horse surprise this tour, replacing Presto.

Mind you if they need to clear an additional four minutes for XANADU....

tongue.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 13 2012, 03:16 AM)
Then again I'm hoping they play "We Hold On."

My favorite track off of S&A! I'd love to hear it live

Look they have been dusting off songs from presto just aboutevery tour!

Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Presto on the last tour. Whats left that's worth playing?

Chain Lightning, War Paint, Scars, Superconductor, Available Light

Out of all those songs, I think "Available Light" is the best choice with either Chain Lightning or Superconductor next!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Wow, I was actually blasting Available Light on my way home from work today thinking "man it would be so f***ing AWESOME if they'd play this on the tour" and I really hope they do. It'd sound so EPIC!!!