Geddy on Planet Rock - Coming Up

EmotionDetector

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 10 2012, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ May 10 2012, 06:44 PM)
I heard something live online about if you missed the interview it's up on their site to listen to now but I can't find it anywhere. confused13.gif

Tomorrow

Nope, today. It's up now. http://www.planetrock.com/ and click on "on demand" in the green triangle at the top of the screen. When the popup window appears, click Darren Redick, then today's date smile.gif

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 10 2012, 09:25 AM)
Didn't they used to do this for most of their albums? I love listening to old radio premier specials, A Farewell to Kings is great. It's real early, I'm really hoping we get at least something today, though.

That sounds interesting, any idea where I could find a copy or a stream of this?

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 10 2012, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (HeadlongMark @ May 10 2012, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 10 2012, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ May 10 2012, 09:58 AM)
did the DJ really said that CA was the first Rush's concept album? If so i think he is wrong...

where the full album is a concept

They had concept songs (2112, Hemispheres). They've never had a concept album.

I think you could argue that RTB is a concept album.

If the concept is to suck then, yes, RTB is a concept album.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 10 2012, 05:02 PM)
did the DJ really said that CA was the first Rush's concept album? If so i think he is wrong...

Good show!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 10 2012, 07:02 PM)

rofl3.gif

RTB's only problem with me is the general sound production light and tinny at times but overall a great well written rush classic album some fantastic tracks on there (if not all of em) my personal favs seem to be unpopular tunes with a lot of fans, Face Up Bet your Life Neurotica wheres my thing just a great great album Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ May 11 2012, 07:36 AM)
RTB's only problem with me is the general sound production light and tinny at times but overall a great well written rush classic album some fantastic tracks on there (if not all of em) my personal favs seem to be unpopular tunes with a lot of fans, Face Up Bet your Life Neurotica wheres my thing just a great great album

I've said it a million times...but I LOVE Neurotica. Probably my favourite on the album. cool.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 07:37 AM)
RTB's only problem with me is the general sound production light and tinny at times but overall a great well written rush classic album some fantastic tracks on there (if not all of em) my personal favs seem to be unpopular tunes with a lot of fans, Face Up Bet your Life Neurotica wheres my thing just a great great album

I've said it a million times...but I LOVE Neurotica. Probably my favourite on the album. cool.gif

and, with spirit of radio, probably the best intro too.. that bass is so sexehhh smile.gif

but yeah neurotica a great track and i've never understood the dislike for it amongst some fans

<SNAP>

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 04:37 AM)

"SNAP!"

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ May 11 2012, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 07:37 AM)

and, with spirit of radio, probably the best intro too.. that bass is so sexehhh smile.gif

but yeah neurotica a great track and i've never understood the dislike for it amongst some fans

<SNAP>

Well, I think some people hate it because of the lyrics (specifically in the chorus). I can admit...it is a little cheesy, but oh well.

Others probably dislike the use of "snap", so again, lyrics.

...oh, and I'm absolutely sure that some people simply dismiss it just because it's on the RTB album. wacko.gif

Other than that, what's not to like? Seriously.

The guitar solo is awesome.

The music in the throughout is excellent.

The verses are fantastic.

...and like you said, the bass is indeed, "sexehhh"! 1022.gif

I actually like RTB the album. It's light and breezy and has great energy. And songs like Face Up, Neurotica, and You Bet Your Life are definitely underrated. It's so different from other Rush albums.... I can't help but love it. Sure, it's Rush-lite, but taken on its own, it's a fun little album.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 11 2012, 11:20 AM)

I actually like RTB the album. It's light and breezy and has great energy. And songs like Face Up, Neurotica, and You Bet Your Life are definitely underrated. It's so different from other Rush albums.... I can't help but love it. Sure, it's Rush-lite, but taken on its own, it's a fun little album.

Face Up is not underrated no.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 10 2012, 06:38 PM)
Why are people so crazy to hear the full album before it's out. Won't that spoil the whole first listen magic? confused13.gif

Well that will just mean the magic first listen is earlier than release day! doh.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 11 2012, 01:20 PM)

goodpost.gif

Not sure how this thread got on this tangent, but count me in the club of thinking RTB is an awesome album

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 08:02 AM)
Don't forget...

Geddy Lee on Planet Rock! Coming up shortly!

http://www.planetrock.com/

Great interview, especially about Ged and Alex changing instruments to write The Wreckers.

And New Videos for CA tour. Fun stuff.