Geddy on Planet Rock - Coming Up

EmotionDetector

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (myturn2drive @ May 10 2012, 10:15 AM)
Also, I think it is awesome that they played three Rush songs during the interview and not a single one was Tom Sawyer, Limelight or Closer to the Heart 1022.gif

4!

Headlong Flight

Far Cry

Bangkok

D.E.W.

Liked the comment from the DJ (if that's still what we call them these days) from early in the interview:

"Everyone, or at least many people, are looking forward to this album...I've heard it and they SHOULD BE looking forward to it!"

...or something to that effect.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 10 2012, 10:15 AM)
Good little interview.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 10 2012, 09:14 AM)
No more CA music...but a reference to a "future album special" that it sounded like he and Geddy will be recording later today.

Maybe they will premiere the full album and play interviews in between..?

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 10 2012, 09:21 AM)
No more CA music...but a reference to a "future album special" that it sounded like he and Geddy will be recording later today.

That's what I'm thinking.

Keep dreaming. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 10 2012, 10:21 AM)

Maybe...and it will be aired on June 12th tongue.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 10 2012, 09:23 AM)

That's what I'm thinking.

Didn't they used to do this for most of their albums? I love listening to old radio premier specials, A Farewell to Kings is great. It's real early, I'm really hoping we get at least something today, though.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 10 2012, 09:23 AM)

Keep dreaming. trink38.gif

They've done album release radio shows a number of times in the past, so this is definitely possible (if not likely). Since Geddy is in the UK, they can record the interviews today and air the special just before the CD is released.

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

They'll record only Geddy... the album could leak... wink.gif

Then: Geddy said the CA tracks are also standalone... maybe they're not going to play live the full album and in order... fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 10 2012, 10:52 AM)
I notice he didn't say anything about why the album is $15. Curious.

Well, that's because he recently resigned from his post of CD Price Czar. He no longer sets cd prices, simple as that. Curious you didn't hear that news.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 10 2012, 09:05 AM)

- CA is definitely a concept album built around a central story, but the 12 (yes 12, not 14) songs are specifically designed to stand alone...no recurring musical themes/passages a la 2112 or Hemispheres.

- Basic story is a young boy/man with a naive "the world is a good place" view of the world who ventures out into that world. Reality is different and how his naive world view evolves in the face of that reality is a central concept.

- Complex music akin to the complex machinery of a steampunk world.

Nice nuggets, especially more background info on the CA story! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 10 2012, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 10 2012, 10:52 AM)
I notice he didn't say anything about why the album is $15.  Curious.

Well, that's because he recently resigned from his post of CD Price Czar. He no longer sets cd prices, simple as that. Curious you didn't hear that news.

What?! Well, damn. I thought I was still in the running for that position. Ha ha!

I just meant, clearly, the album (not the fan pack - I'm just talking about the current Amazon album price = $15, BestBuy = $18) is going to include something else other than the 12 (14?) song CD at that price. I didn't think Geddy set the prices, of course, but thought he might mention a "making of" DVD or some other goody that comes with it.

Who knows, though? Maybe the record company figured, hey, we're going to sell 320,000 copies of this thing to the same fans that buy everything else. They'll pay $15 just as easily as $12, so let's make a few extra bucks.

Nothing new has surfaced with this interview, only 2 confirmation and a little funny experience in studio with Alex playing bass. It was too short to touch some topics in depth.

QUOTE (hunter @ May 10 2012, 06:44 PM)
I heard something live online about if you missed the interview it's up on their site to listen to now but I can't find it anywhere. confused13.gif

Tomorrow