R40 Tour

losingit2k

Do you think GUP will be prominent on R40 Tour?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think GUP will be prominent on R40 Tour?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only a few (3-4)songs
    • There isn't going to be an R40 Tour
    • Really? We haven't even seen the CA tour yet!
    • GUP is that the sequel to Forest Gump?
    • Dude, get a life, you did this poll just to create another set list!

OK you got me, I made the thread just to create another set list! But I do believe they will give GUP the nod in some way on the R40 Tour if they have one!

Here it is:

Set 1:

R40 Instrumedley: (Finding My Way, Beneath, Between and Behind, The Necromancer, Something for Nothing, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres-Prelude)

The Spirit of Radio

Red Barchetta

The Body Electric

The Enemy Within

Malignant Narcissim

Show Don't Tell

Test For Echo

Clockwork Angels

Dreamline

Freewill

Subdivisions

Set 2:

Limelight

Caravan

Bravado

Jacobs Ladder

Distant Early Warnings

Red Sector A

Mission

Between the Wheels

YYZ/Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/The Trees

Natural Science

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

There isn't a facepalm image strong enough to represent just how facepalm worthy this thread is... so I won't bother posting one. Just know that after all the threads you've started about your setlist fantasies and all your insistences that they celebrate the 30th anniversaries of everything... this is the most far-fetched idea yet. And that's saying a lot.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 10 2012, 12:31 PM)
OK you got me, I made the thread just to create another set list! But I do believe they will give GUP the nod in some way on the R40 Tour if they have one!

Here it is:

Set 1:
R40 Instrumedley: (Finding My Way, Beneath, Between and Behind, The Necromancer, Something for Nothing, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres-Prelude)
The Spirit of Radio
Red Barchetta
The Body Electric
The Enemy Within
Malignant Narcissim
Show Don't Tell
Test For Echo
Clockwork Angels
Dreamline
Freewill
Subdivisions

Set 2:
Limelight
Caravan
Bravado
Jacobs Ladder
Distant Early Warnings
Red Sector A
Mission
Between the Wheels
YYZ/Drum Solo
Alex's Solo/The Trees
Natural Science

Encore:
Far Cry
Tom Sawyer
Headlong Flight

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You inspire me to go back in time and become a stoner again. cool10.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 11:00 PM)
There isn't a facepalm image strong enough to represent just how facepalm worthy this thread is... so I won't bother posting one. Just know that after all the threads you've started about your setlist fantasies and all your insistences that they celebrate the 30th anniversaries of everything... this is the most far-fetched idea yet. And that's saying a lot.

So Daniel, When exactly did you loose you sense of humor, Your sense of adventure, your inspiration or creativity? This was a simple thread for people to stop arguing about trivial topics like:

Is Headlong Flight and Epic

Is Headlong Flight a Jam

Is Headlong Flight recored to low

Is Headlong Flight recorded to high

Does Headlong Flight's Wave form wave back?

bekloppt.gif

What is a Headlong Flight?

Can I Buy tickets for it?

Can I get them Coach?

Where does it originate?

Where does it end up?

Does it include an on board meal or just snacks?

confused13.gif

Who's flying the plane?

All these questions are extremely important and need to be answered immediately, profoundly, and with indepth wisdom!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 10 2012, 08:45 AM)
I SOOOOO want it to be very Grace Under Pressure prominent, but I have a feeling it won't be. I love that album so much, but it doesn't seem logical for them, even less logical than Signals.

My thoughts exactly.

And this thread is rec*ckulous.

Also, it's Distant Early Warninguh. As in 'warning' in the singular. One warning. I've seen many people refer to the song as "Distant Early Warnings", and it really peeves my pet.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 10 2012, 02:38 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 10 2012, 12:31 PM)

Here it is:

Set 1:
The Spirit of Radio
Red Barchetta
The Body Electric
The Enemy Within
Malignant Narcissim
Show Don't Tell
Test For Echo
Clockwork Angels
Dreamline
Freewill
Subdivisions

Set 2:
Limelight
Caravan
Bravado
Jacobs Ladder
Distant Early Warnings
Red Sector A
Mission
Between the Wheels
YYZ/Drum Solo
Alex's Solo/The Trees
Natural Science

Encore:
Far Cry
Tom Sawyer
Headlong Flight

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

You inspire me to go back in time and become a stoner again. cool10.gif

I don't kinow how to take that! Oh well join them!

cool10.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 10 2012, 06:02 AM)
So Daniel, When exactly did you loose you sense of humor, Your sense of adventure, your inspiration or creativity?

I haven't lost any of those things. I have them in spades. But the premise behind this thread does not.

So you finally admit that Signals won't get played in full and you've got to move on to beating the "play GUP in full" drum now? It's not going to happen.

I don't expect them to focus on Grace Under Pressure in 2014. I hope they are done with the full album nostalgia trips. I seriously hope we hear all of Clockwork Angels on the next tour, but only so we can hear the whole story live.

The full album nostalgia thing was nice for Moving Pictures, but I don't think it's worth it to do it again. I'd rather celebrate R40 with another new album and then play the crap out of that one.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 10 2012, 07:54 AM)
Also, it's Distant Early Warninguh. As in 'warning' in the singular. One warning. I've seen many people refer to the song as "Distant Early Warnings", and it really peeves my pet.

Somebody on this forum not too long ago called it Early Distance Warning sarcasm.gif

Oh, and-

Dude, get a life, you did this poll just to create another set list!

I hope they do play Red Sector A. It is my favorite from that album. It is my guitar instructor's favorite Rush song.

This may not be a popular opinion, given how scary that song is. But I would still like to hear it live.

Otherwise, I do not think they will particularly highlight GuP. I mean, it had not been quite 30 years when they played the entire MP in the Time Machine tour. They played it because it was their best selling album with their best known song.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 10 2012, 12:00 AM)

Every party has a pooper and it might as well be you.... laugh.gif

Lighten up Francis.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ May 10 2012, 07:56 PM)
I hope they do play Red Sector A. It is my favorite from that album. It is my guitar instructor's favorite Rush song.

This may not be a popular opinion, given how scary that song is. But I would still like to hear it live.

Otherwise, I do not think they will particularly highlight GuP. I mean, it had not been quite 30 years when they played the entire MP in the Time Machine tour. They played it because it was their best selling album with their best known song.

Nice to see someone else loves this song too!

2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 9 2012, 10:31 PM)

Here it is:

Set 1:
The Spirit of Radio
Red Barchetta
The Body Electric
The Enemy Within
Malignant Narcissim
Show Don't Tell
Test For Echo
Clockwork Angels
Dreamline
Freewill
Subdivisions

Set 2:
Limelight
Caravan
Bravado
Jacobs Ladder
Distant Early Warnings
Red Sector A
Mission
Between the Wheels
YYZ/Drum Solo
Alex's Solo/The Trees
Natural Science

Encore:
Far Cry
Tom Sawyer
Headlong Flight

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Enemy Within!!

I'm there. Love that song.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 10 2012, 07:26 PM)

Somebody on this forum not too long ago called it Early Distance Warning sarcasm.gif

Oh, and-

laugh.gif

If you create enough of them...you're bound to get one exactly right! wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 11 2012, 06:42 AM)

Oh, and-

laugh.gif

He's taking the "if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters, one of them will produce the works of Shakespeare" route. Just throw enough crap against the wall, eventually something will stick.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 09:20 AM)

Oh, and-

laugh.gif

He's taking the "if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters, one of them will produce the works of Shakespeare" route. Just throw enough crap against the wall, eventually something will stick.

The only thing that has stuck to the wall has been your underwares!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 11 2012, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 09:20 AM)

Oh, and-

laugh.gif

The only thing that has stuck to the wall has been your underwares!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

facepalm.gif