Headlong Flight vocals

FeelingUnlimited

No, this is not another thread about Geddy's voice. What's bugging me is that the vocals seem really low in the mix on this track. They're consistently getting drowned out in the heavy parts (basically all) of the song, and I only wish they came through with the clarity that we finally get in the last chorus, when the bass and drums drop out. I'm especially disappointed because I feel the Caravan and BU2B mixes are very well done. The melody simply has to come through loud and clear, and unfortunately that doesn't happen on this track. Hopefully the rest of the album will be different.

That was only a problem for me when I was listening to the Rolling Stone Streaming version. On the official single release, it sounds great.

That's just to these ears.

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ May 9 2012, 09:41 PM)
No, this is not another thread about Geddy's voice. What's bugging me is that the vocals seem really low in the mix on this track. They're consistently getting drowned out in the heavy parts (basically all) of the song, and I only wish they came through with the clarity that we finally get in the last chorus, when the bass and drums drop out. I'm especially disappointed because I feel the Caravan and BU2B mixes are very well done. The melody simply has to come through loud and clear, and unfortunately that doesn't happen on this track. Hopefully the rest of the album will be different.

I hope this isn't a silly question, but did you buy the single? Cause gosh darn it, it sounds really good. All streaming versions are inferior.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 10 2012, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ May 9 2012, 09:41 PM)

I hope this isn't a silly question, but did you buy the single? Cause gosh darn it, it sounds really good. All streaming versions are inferior.

goodpost.gif

I remember listening to the Rolling Stone stream and wondering why Geddy's vocals were so far down in the mix. But once I saw the official YouTube lyric video and bought the MP3, it is right up front.

And, IMO, I think he sounds great.