Here's the third review...

The Mighty Dudad

Not much of a proper review, though. Not sure I'd call it that. Good insight into the quality of the sound, but the song descriptions are limited to a single sentence noting which two songs stood out. You could write this review having never even heard the album and no one would be the wiser. wink.gif I'm certainly not claiming it's fabricated and I appreciate the "it sounds clear" commentary, but I wish he'd taken a few more notes about the tunes themselves...

At least the second review offers up some criticism. The comments on Wish Them Well was hardly flattering, even if much of the rest was largely positive. biggrin.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 06:04 PM)
Not much of a proper review, though. Not sure I'd call it that. Good insight into the quality of the sound, but the song descriptions are limited to a single sentence noting which two songs stood out. You could write this review having never even heard the album and no one would be the wiser. wink.gif I'm certainly not claiming it's fabricated and I appreciate the "it sounds clear" commentary, but I wish he'd taken a few more notes about the tunes themselves...

I'm not sure I'd call any of them "reviews." They all seem like "previews" to me. Especially this one.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 06:04 PM)

At least the second review offers up some criticism. The comments on Wish Them Well was hardly flattering, even if much of the rest was largely positive. biggrin.gif

Don't think he was a Rush fan per se. He said the usual reviewer was tied up. So I actually like the crystal clear comment rather than any comment about individual songs.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 06:13 PM)
It specifically says it's just a "first impressions" article and that they didn't get a chance to spend enough time for a full review.

And that's why it's not as good as the other two...because other than commenting on the clarity of the record (duh...we've heard Headlong Flight in finished form), it doesn't say much at all.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 9 2012, 03:45 PM)
Crystal clear production anyone? If anybody talks about waveforms anymore I will completely ignore them.

I'll believe it when I hear it. Since the same exact people who did S&A are in on this record, I wont hold my breath hoping for an audiophile release. I hope the guy's description is accurate but lets wait and see (or more accurately....hear!).

I'm not as convinced as everyone else about a leak. I followed the progress of the new Van Halen record and everybody there was sure it would leak too and it never did. It actually doesn't happen nearly often as it used to. People have gotten pretty good with security. We will certainly get to hear 30 second clips though on places like itunes and Amazon in the week or two leading up to the release. Other than that, it may happen but I wouldn't expect it.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 05:32 PM)
I'm not as convinced as everyone else about a leak. I followed the progress of the new Van Halen record and everybody there was sure it would leak too and it never did. It actually doesn't happen nearly often as it used to. People have gotten pretty good with security. We will certainly get to hear 30 second clips though on places like itunes and Amazon in the week or two leading up to the release. Other than that, it may happen but I wouldn't expect it.

VH leaked a few weeks before or so....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 9 2012, 05:35 PM)

No, I followed it religiously on the main VH forum just like I'm following this one. There was the single Tattoo, then there were 30 second samples of all the songs, then there were 90 second samples of the songs. and about 4 days before the album's release on Feb 7 2 other full songs were temporarily up as a stream and it's easy enough to go back and retrace what happened. None of the rest. Regardless, each album is a separate case. BU2B and Caravan didn't leak before their June 1, 2010 release date, either. Nor did Headlong Flight.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 06:32 PM)

I had to stop reading what you said because I had to take a leak. huh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 06:54 PM)

No, I followed it religiously on the main VH forum just like I'm following this one. There was the single Tattoo, then there were 30 second samples of all the songs, then there were 90 second samples of the songs. and about 4 days before the album's release on Feb 7 2 other full songs were temporarily up as a stream and it's easy enough to go back and retrace what happened. None of the rest. Regardless, each album is a separate case. BU2B and Caravan didn't leak before their June 1, 2010 release date, either. Nor did Headlong Flight.

This is true. It was the Friday before the release day Tuesday. No earlier.

There was the single Tattoo,

you'll have to excuse me. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 05:54 PM)

No, I followed it religiously on the main VH forum just like I'm following this one.

It leaked 5 days before.

I'm pretty sure Caravan leaked, Or BU2B. One of those.

Headlong Flight DID leak, but apparently wasn't wide spread.