Here's the third review...

The Mighty Dudad

Saw this posted in a comment over on RIAB. Not a song-by-song breakdown, but a full review nonetheless.

Here

Interesting bit:

"The whole album has crystal clear sound and is superbly produced with everything clearly audible. With many bands the bass is mixed down low and is used to just fill out the sound, whereas here the bass is far more prominent and you get to hear the complex bass melodies and they form an important part of the sound. The vocals are great too, and the rich orchestral introductions are excellently done."

TMD

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 9 2012, 03:31 PM)
Saw this posted in a comment over on RIAB. Not a song-by-song breakdown, but a full review nonetheless.

Here

Interesting bit:
"The whole album has crystal clear sound and is superbly produced with everything clearly audible. With many bands the bass is mixed down low and is used to just fill out the sound, whereas here the bass is far more prominent and you get to hear the complex bass melodies and they form an important part of the sound. The vocals are great too, and the rich orchestral introductions are excellently done."

TMD

Alright then, where's the fourth review??? tongue.gif

And if there isn't one, one of you two better get on and write it!

1287.gif

And the good reviews just keep rolling in. This guy didn't sound like a Rush fan and still liked it a lot. SnA didn't get this kind of praise pre-release. Edited by presto123

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 03:44 PM)
So...what are the two Pedlar cuts? Full songs? Notice 14 tracks.

hmmm...I'm thinking that they may be the "the short orchestral intros to some songs" that he refers to in the article...although "some" implies more than two...

Maybe the fourth review will reveal more!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 02:44 PM)

I was at press playback in London last week, and I can confirm everything that Music Radar wrote. This album, to these ears anyway, is their best since Moving Pictures by a mile. It is truly epic; beautifully written, arranged, produced and superbly played.

There are just a couple of titles that have been missed out, more connecting pieces really called "The Pedlar I" and "The Pedlar II."

I'll give you a little taste of a lyric of two as well, just to whet the appetite: From "Carnies": "Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers," and from "The Wreckers": All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle that seems to be true."

This album will be everything you want and more. I'll be reviewing it at www.audio-times.com when the new issue comes out at month's end. Go read and have a look around. My column is under the the initials RP - bottom of the list. Cheers!

- It was explained by another reviewer on RIAB.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 03:53 PM)
So...what are the two Pedlar cuts?  Full songs?  Notice 14 tracks.

I was at press playback in London last week, and I can confirm everything that Music Radar wrote. This album, to these ears anyway, is their best since Moving Pictures by a mile. It is truly epic; beautifully written, arranged, produced and superbly played.

There are just a couple of titles that have been missed out, more connecting pieces really called "The Pedlar I" and "The Pedlar II."

I'll give you a little taste of a lyric of two as well, just to whet the appetite: From "Carnies": "Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers," and from "The Wreckers": All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary of a miracle that seems to be true."

This album will be everything you want and more. I'll be reviewing it at www.audio-times.com when the new issue comes out at month's end. Go read and have a look around. My column is under the the initials RP - bottom of the list. Cheers!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 9 2012, 02:31 PM)

Here

Interesting bit:
"The whole album has crystal clear sound and is superbly produced with everything clearly audible.  With many bands the bass is mixed down low and is used to just fill out the sound, whereas here the bass is far more prominent and you get to hear the complex bass melodies and they form an important part of the sound.  The vocals are great too, and the rich orchestral introductions are excellently done."

TMD

I think this explains Nick's comment about the production. It sounds good so don't complain that it doesn't look like it should sound good on paper.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 9 2012, 03:53 PM)

Oh, I thought Carnies was going to be instrumental...oh well I guess we might have an instrumental-less album. Not quite a bad thing considering "Main Monkey" and "Malignant Narcissism" are two of my least favorite SnA songs...

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 04:44 PM)

Yeah...maybe there are technically 14 tracks on the actual album, but they only list 12 on the CD...to coincide with the clock theme?!

Interesting for sure...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 9 2012, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 9 2012, 04:44 PM)

Yeah...maybe there are technically 14 tracks on the actual album, but they only list 12 on the CD...to coincide with the clock theme?!

Interesting for sure...

Need some small i. ii. sub-set song title like days of yore.