Roller Coaster buffs?

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone? Anyone?

I used to hate roller coasters. I hated the feeling of not being in control. When I was a kid, I never liked them, and likely (although I don't remember) cried to keep my dad from dragging me on them.

Well, fast forward, and a few years ago I started doing a little more, seeing my son loved those damn things. Last year, we got a season pass to Six Flags Great America, and I have done every roller coaster there at least 10 times now.... well, all but Raging Bull, have only done that one maybe 6.

I love the feeling of flying on Superman, and screaming along on Batman. New this year is X-Flight:

http://0.tqn.com/d/themeparks/1/0/W/A/1/six-flags-x-flight-roller-coaster.jpg

http://www.thecoastercritic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/X-Flight-Six-Flags-Great-America-Roller-Coaster-1024x819.jpg

There is a season-pass holder only preview this weekend (May 12 and 13), if anyone is going. My family and I are planning on going, just not sure which day... I think the weather will help us decide. Whichever day is worse (without rain) we will be going... less lines laugh.gif

I was afraid until I was about 23-24 years-old, and then I became a HUGE fan! I love them now! No summer is complete without at least one trip to an amusement park.

Amusement parks are the bomb. Roller coasters rock.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 7 2012, 04:28 PM)
I was afraid until I was about 23-24 years-old, and then I became a HUGE fan! I love them now! No summer is complete without at least one trip to an amusement park.

Amusement parks are the bomb. Roller coasters rock.

I was petrified of them until I was 13. I finally mustered up the courage to ride one. I used to be called a pussy for not riding them before then. Then I called them out to go on the largest one. I was one of the only 3 in our group that went. Then a buddy and mine went on it 8 more times.

I was scared of them until I was 15. My friends dragged me onto the Matterhorn and that was all it took. I love all the coasters at Disneyland/DCA.

Here's California Screamin':

And what used to be Mulholland Madness:

There are a few other coaster videos if you look on my channel. Hubby is quite good at filming them. That TV training came in handy wink.gif

I've been on a few other coasters, too. But won't go on anything that's been put up for a week and then moved... unsure.gif

Edited by HowItIs

I love them, they are great the bigger the better. I must ride alone ... the kids and my GF dont like them so much.. tongue.gif

My five year old son loves them. He even agreed to do Space Mountain at Disney again after riding it once...at FIVE!

Maybe I need to talk to my wife into going to Great America this weekend.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/files/behemoth_hills_800x600_132.jpg

Or this big bastard at Wonderland laugh.gif

We have one amusement park in Utah - Lagoon. Anyone ever been there.

They have something like seven rollercoasters now... unfortunately most of them are quite small. Many of them never get to 40mph.

LOVE coasters! We try and go to King's Dominion in Virginia once a year...or at least every OTHER year. King's Dominion, Hershey Park, Six Flags, Cedar Point...fun stuff yes.gif

Love them. Never thought I would until I was 16 and a friend didn't want to ride alone, and talked me into taking the other seat. Only trouble is, I don't know anyone else who's into them, so I don't get to amusement parks nearly as often as I'd like. Last time was December 2010 when we went to Universal Studios Florida for Grinchmas, and of course, I rode all the coasters too. The maddening thing is, they changed RipRideRockIt to be able to play Rush a few months after we got back! Argh!

I was so wishing Hersheypark had been open when Rush played there last year (it opened a week later!), but it was pouring so bad the day of the Rush show, we couldn't have done it that day anyway.

Edited by 1 of the 7

I've lived about a forty-five minute drive away from Kings Island for most of my life, so we would go every year- not every week of the summer, like some crazy people, but once or maybe twice a summer. Then I didn't go for quite a few years, and now that I have kids, we go every summer again.

I like SOME roller coasters, but I still don't really go for things that turn the human body upside down. That defies gravity, and it's just not supposed to happen!

The Beast is still awesome, though. I wouldn't ride it until I was about 14 years old, but it's great.

I LOVE roller coasters! I live an hour away from Cedar Point and I go at least once every summer and usually around Halloweekends too. Never gets old.

Has anyone seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EiyDIQz0M8

Around 0:55 it gets good. I would ride that in a heartbeat!

Edited by SchemingDemon

How long are you willing to wait for a ride? At 6 flags, if the wait is over an hour, we skip it.... especially since having season passes means we can do it next time.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 13 2012, 12:27 PM)
How long are you willing to wait for a ride? At 6 flags, if the wait is over an hour, we skip it.... especially since having season passes means we can do it next time.

I'm "local" enough to Cedar Point that I know when the slow days are and when it's real busy, so I'm usually there when the lines are no more than 30 min. It's nice