Tour Set List

I don't think Xanadu makes a good opener at all. It's a great song and one of my favorites from them but the song doesn't get me pumped up. There are several slower moments in the song to which doesn't make for a good opener. That's why Rush opens with songs like Spirit Of Radio, Limelight and Dreamline. Those songs got that punch to them that makes them work so well as set openers. For as great of a song as Xanadu is, it doesn't have that opening feel to it. Edited by J2112YYZ

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 8 2012, 09:00 AM)
Set One:

CA in its entirety

(intermission)

Set Two:

Far Cry
Force Ten
Driven
Subivisions
The Analog Kid
Digital Man
The Weapon
(drum solo)
(guitar solo)
Closer to the Heart
The Trees
Xanadu
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

(encore)

One Little Victory
Limelight
YYZ

(Source: My waking/sleeping/dream state!) wink.gif

Good set list. Very well thought out! I think they would have more songs prior to the solo though! Maybe moving Xanadu and the trees towards the front of the second set would do it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Ok all wishfulness aside, this is what I actually think they'll play!

Set 1:

Far Cry

Limelight

Clockwork Angels (Entirety)

Set 2:

Analog Kid

Dreamline

Digital Man

The Weapon

Red Sector A

New World Man

Freewill

YYZ/ Drum Solo

Alex Solo/ The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Subdivisions

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

People wanting to hear a complete album of which we haven't heard nine tracks just blows my mind. Yeah, let's forget about all the songs for the past thirty-five years that people have been whining about not hearing.

Sorry, I just can't make any sense out of this. One tour they do a whole album, a classic album, and now everyone thinks it's the greatest idea ever.

People wanting to hear a complete album of which we haven't heard nine tracks just blows my mind.  Yeah, let's forget about all the songs for the past thirty-five years that people have been whining about not hearing.

Sorry, I just can't make any sense out of this.  One tour they do a whole album, a classic album, and now everyone thinks it's the greatest idea ever.

We are just speculating. Clockwork Angels is said to be a consept album. Therefore it's logical they will play it almost completely. If it's good I don't have any problem them playing it almost entirely. If it some reason lacks quality then I don't mind them playing more old classics and rarities.

Like I said I tried to be realistic. After all they played 9 songs from S&A in the 2007-2008 tour. Wouldn't me suprised if they do it again.

QUOTE (chrisw25 @ May 10 2012, 07:43 AM)
People wanting to hear a complete album of which we haven't heard nine tracks just blows my mind. Yeah, let's forget about all the songs for the past thirty-five years that people have been whining about not hearing.

Sorry, I just can't make any sense out of this. One tour they do a whole album, a classic album, and now everyone thinks it's the greatest idea ever.

I'm with you on this. For all we know we've already heard the only new songs that are any good. I have my doubts on that but still, you never know. If they do the whole album live but I wouldn't want them to play it all in a row. Open the set with a couple oldies everyone loves to get the crowd going, then play the first three songs off the new album, then some old ones again and then play the next three songs off the new album. Repeat that format throughout the show and they'll still play the whole new album while following the concept in order but they won't lose the crowd completely because they'll be mixing in the old stuff with it. I don't believe they will play all of Clockwork Angels because even with them playing two sets having 12 spots reserved for the new album is taking up a lot of room and doesn't leave space for anything else.

I didn't see Iron Maiden when they played all of their new album to start their shows back in 2006 but most of the reviews I read weren't that favorable. While it's a ballsy move for a classic rock/metal band to do that, it can also be suicide and can really turn fans off from coming to see the band again. But ultimately, the band has got your money and your attention for the length of the show so they can pretty much do whatever they want weather you like it or not.

I really dont give a rats a$$ what they play anymore.

I'm just happy I get to see my favorite band 30+ years after my first time seeing them.

If they break out something I truly dislike like Stupidconductor, You Bet Your Life or Dog Years I'll have a clear shot at the mens room rather than having to fight the crowd at intermission.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 10 2012, 12:52 PM)
I really dont give a rats a$$ what they play anymore.
I'm just happy I get to see my favorite band 30+ years after my first time seeing them.

If they break out something I truly dislike like Stupidconductor, You Bet Your Life or Dog Years I'll have a clear shot at the mens room rather than having to fight the crowd at intermission.

+1

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ May 9 2012, 06:05 PM)

Tom Sawyer
Far Cry
"Caravan"
"BUB2"
Mission
Cut to the Chase / Between Sun and Moon / Cold Fire
Driven
"Clockwork Angels"
"The Anarchist"
"Carnies"
YYZ
Earthshine
"Halo Effect"
Vital Signs

Intermission

Subdivisions
Analog Kid
The Weapon
"Seven Cities of Gold" 
"Headlong Flight"
"BU2B2"
"The Garden"
Drum Solo
Xanadu
Red Sector A
The Spirit of Radio

Encore

Natural Science
Limelight

Flying Finn you really need to look at your setlist. I find it highly unlikely they will play BU2B once in the first set and then again in the second set. I is a nice dream though!

"God Bless America" and "Oh Canada" over and over for 3.5 hours. "Tom Sawyer" as encore.

As far as I am concerned, they can play anything their hearts desire and it will be awesome just the same.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 10 2012, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (chrisw25 @ May 10 2012, 07:43 AM)
People wanting to hear a complete album of which we haven't heard nine tracks just blows my mind.  Yeah, let's forget about all the songs for the past thirty-five years that people have been whining about not hearing.

Sorry, I just can't make any sense out of this.  One tour they do a whole album, a classic album, and now everyone thinks it's the greatest idea ever.

I'm with you on this. For all we know we've already heard the only new songs that are any good. I have my doubts on that but still, you never know. If they do the whole album live but I wouldn't want them to play it all in a row. Open the set with a couple oldies everyone loves to get the crowd going, then play the first three songs off the new album, then some old ones again and then play the next three songs off the new album. Repeat that format throughout the show and they'll still play the whole new album while following the concept in order but they won't lose the crowd completely because they'll be mixing in the old stuff with it. I don't believe they will play all of Clockwork Angels because even with them playing two sets having 12 spots reserved for the new album is taking up a lot of room and doesn't leave space for anything else.

I didn't see Iron Maiden when they played all of their new album to start their shows back in 2006 but most of the reviews I read weren't that favorable. While it's a ballsy move for a classic rock/metal band to do that, it can also be suicide and can really turn fans off from coming to see the band again. But ultimately, the band has got your money and your attention for the length of the show so they can pretty much do whatever they want weather you like it or not.

I agree. If you look at my setlist several posts above, I selected six tracks from CA (which is more tracks than Vapor Trails on that tour) and they are slotted throughout surrounded by songs old and recent. I think it would be a great way to do it rather than open with five songs(aka snorefest) like the S&A tour.

Three Stooges Intro

The Spirit of Radio

One Little Victory /Far Cry (alternating nights)

The Enemy Within

The Weapon

Witch Hunt

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

New World Man (leg 1) / Digital Man (leg 2)

Chemistry

The Trees

YYZ (with Drum Solo)

Intermission - Countdown with Space Shuttle Video

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angles

The Anarchist

Halo Effect

Headlong Flight

Limelight

Freewill

Closer to the Heart w/ Alex rant

Encore 1

By-Tor & The Snowdog

Xanadu

Finding My Way - In the Mood medley

Encore 2

Good Times, Bad Times

Fly By Night

Tom Sawyer

Thanks For the Memories Outro

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 11 2012, 12:50 PM)
Three Stooges Intro

The Spirit of Radio
One Little Victory /Far Cry (alternating nights)
The Enemy Within
The Weapon
Witch Hunt
Subdivisions
Analog Kid
New World Man (leg 1) / Digital Man (leg 2)
Chemistry
The Trees
YYZ (with Drum Solo)

Intermission - Countdown with Space Shuttle Video

Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angles
The Anarchist
Halo Effect
Headlong Flight
Limelight
Freewill
Closer to the Heart w/ Alex rant

Encore 1
By-Tor & The Snowdog
Xanadu
Finding My Way - In the Mood medley

Encore 2
Good Times, Bad Times
Fly By Night
Tom Sawyer

Thanks For the Memories Outro

Two encores!?

You really ARE 'Thinking Big'! wink.gif

- Corny intro video

1. The Spirit of Radio

2. Far Cry

3. Distant Early Warning

4. Force Ten

Geddy: How y'all doin'? We have about a billion songs for y'all and right now we're going to torture y'all with some new stuff!

- Dramatic Swirly Red Clock Video plays

5. Caravan

6. BU2B

7. Clockwork Angels

Geddy: Ok. Enough of that new crap. Here's something we haven't played in a while. We pulled this one out of the vault fo' y'all.

8. Roll the Bones

Geddy: That's one of our favorites and we missed playing it. Hope y'all enjoyed it. Here's another oldie for ya.

9. Animate

Geddy: Now back to more CLOCKWORK ANGELS!

10. The Anarchist

11. Carnies

12. Halo Effect

Geddy: That new stuff sure depletes our energy so we're going to take a little break....

INTERMISSION

- Clockwork Angels/Signals mash-up video with comedy (both intentional and unintentional)

1. Subdivisions

2. The Analog Kid

3. Digital Man

4. New World Man

Geddy: Whew. That was our little tribute to our Subdivisions album....I mean Signals album. It's 30 years old now.....Ok, here's some more new stuff...

5. Seven Cities of Gold

6. The Wreckers

7. Headlong Flight

8. BU2B2

9. Drum Solo

10. New acoustic stuff

11. 2112 Overture/Temples

12. Wish them Well

13. The Garden

14. Limelight

15. Tom Sawyer

Geddy: Thank you very much! Hope to see you next time! Good Night!

Encore:

1. YYZ

2. Working Man

- Corny outro video plays

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 10 2012, 11:49 AM)
I think people are way too hung up on the idea of Rush playing an entire album. They did it in 2010/2011. Fantastic. Who says they have to do it again?

They don't have too! But it would be cool, if the album is that good! I don't see tem playing it in it's entirety any other time in their career unless they do it now!

no.gif