Tour Set List

QUOTE (djtess @ May 8 2012, 08:40 AM)
The opening song on this tour will be "Freewill"

bet on it...

no.gif

With the exception of Limelight Rush has never opened their sets with a song that wasn't the first track on an album. I don't think i'm forgetting anything, i'm pretty sure LL is the only one.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set One:

CA in its entirety

(intermission)

Set Two:

Far Cry

Force Ten

Driven

Subivisions

The Analog Kid

Digital Man

The Weapon

(drum solo)

(guitar solo)

Closer to the Heart

The Trees

Xanadu

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

(encore)

One Little Victory

Limelight

YYZ

(Source: My waking/sleeping/dream state!) wink.gif

Edited by wilb1972

Why is everyone putting "all of Clockwork Angels" in their dream setlists? We haven't even heard the album yet.... confused13.gif

Why is everyone putting "all of Clockwork Angels" in their dream setlists? We haven't even heard the album yet....

My setlist was based mostly on what I think they will play. My dream set list would be waaayyyy different! It would have Jacob's Ladder, Anthem, Something for Nothing, Cut to the Chase, Superconductor, Vapor Trail ...

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 8 2012, 10:07 AM)
Vapor Trail ...

I have this sneaking suspicion (probably wishful thinking) that they will play Vapor Trail.... wub.gif wub.gif It seems to be a pretty popular song, and they've (inexplicably) never played it live.

There's no way CA will be played in its entirety. They'll play the three songs already released and possibly a few others interspersed in the set, probably opening with Caravan.

As this is an album tour I'm sure the 'look' of the staging will be completely different from the Time Machine tour with new intro, intermission, and outro videos. In fact, I'll be very surprised if they play ANYTHING from the Time Machine tour. So, say goodbye to anything from Moving Pictures.

Subdivisions and Working Man have been played for a while and it may be time to release them from the rotation. (But, seeing how long they left the god-awful Roll The Bones in their set, you never know.)

Maybe time to replace them with an extended version of Different Strings and a re-worked encore of In The Mood?

QUOTE (ljr869 @ May 8 2012, 11:20 AM)
There's no way CA will be played in its entirety. They'll play the three songs already released and possibly a few others interspersed in the set, probably opening with Caravan.

As this is an album tour I'm sure the 'look' of the staging will be completely different from the Time Machine tour with new intro, intermission, and outro videos. In fact, I'll be very surprised if they play ANYTHING from the Time Machine tour. So, say goodbye to anything from Moving Pictures.

Subdivisions and Working Man have been played for a while and it may be time to release them from the rotation. (But, seeing how long they left the god-awful Roll The Bones in their set, you never know.)

Maybe time to replace them with an extended version of Different Strings and a re-worked encore of In The Mood?

God, I hope you're right. Not all of CA + plus none of Moving Pictures (not that I don't like MP.... just a bit weary of it) would make me a very happy camper. smile.gif

However, I would LOVE to hear Roll The Bones. And I would be sad if Subdivisions got left out. sad.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 8 2012, 09:02 AM)
Why is everyone putting "all of Clockwork Angels" in their dream setlists? We haven't even heard the album yet.... confused13.gif

Because its a concept album, and lets face it, 2.gif isn't getting any younger. This will most likely be the only time we get to hear CA in its entirety! Can't wait 30 years like 2112 or MP for this one!

THIS IS IT!

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 8 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 8 2012, 09:02 AM)
Why is everyone putting "all of Clockwork Angels" in their dream setlists? We haven't even heard the album yet....  confused13.gif

Because its a concept album, and lets face it, 2.gif isn't getting any younger. This will most likely be the only time we get to hear CA in its entirety! Can't wait 30 years like 2112 or MP for this one!

THIS IS IT!

yes.gif

I'm hoping scientists will discover the key to immortality in the near future so we can enjoy Rush for another 500 years (at that point, they'll probably get tired of touring and start a traveling carnie circus). tongue.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 8 2012, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (wilb1972 @ May 8 2012, 10:07 AM)
Vapor Trail ...

I have this sneaking suspicion (probably wishful thinking) that they will play Vapor Trail.... wub.gif wub.gif It seems to be a pretty popular song, and they've (inexplicably) never played it live.

I've had the same inkling... which, given my not-so-keen instincts, probably means it won't happen. I'd love to hear it, though. I seem to recall Lifeson saying it was one they considered for the Vapor Trails tour, so at least it's been on their radar before.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 8 2012, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (ljr869 @ May 8 2012, 11:20 AM)
There's no way CA will be played in its entirety.  They'll play the three songs already released and possibly a few others interspersed in the set, probably opening with Caravan.

As this is an album tour I'm sure the 'look' of the staging will be completely different from the Time Machine tour with new intro, intermission, and outro videos.  In fact, I'll be very surprised if they play ANYTHING from the Time Machine tour.  So, say goodbye to anything from Moving Pictures. 

Subdivisions and Working Man have been played for a while and it may be time to release them from the rotation.  (But, seeing how long they left the god-awful Roll The Bones in their set, you never know.)

God, I hope you're right. Not all of CA + plus none of Moving Pictures (not that I don't like MP.... just a bit weary of it) would make me a very happy camper. smile.gif

However, I would LOVE to hear Roll The Bones. And I would be sad if Subdivisions got left out. sad.gif

Good god, didn't you get enough of Roll The Bones on every tour from '92 to '04 ???

And New World Man has been played as good as it can. I'd like to hear Chemistry instead of Subdivisions if they want to pay homage to a great Signals-era song.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 8 2012, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 7 2012, 01:55 PM)
And this will be moved in...

A little late, but moved nonetheless.

I figured you weren't moving it just to show me who's boss! biggrin.gif

Am I the only one who's annoyed by people's dream setlists in every other thread?

I say let them play whatever they want. They don't have to play Signals or Clockwork Angels or Lessons or Time & Motion. They'll play what they like & we should appreciate that they're still coming out to do it.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 7 2012, 09:31 PM)
But Im sure 25% of the show will be filled with songs Ive seen them play 15 times.

If it was only 25% that would be an improvement.

When did they play P/G in its entirety? Not on the P/G tour. They skipped Afterimage. In fact to my knowledge, they have never played Afterimage live. Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (dtpoet @ May 8 2012, 07:04 PM)
When did they play P/G in its entirety?  Not on the P/G tour.  They skipped Afterimage.  In fact to my knowledge, they have never played Afterimage live.

Afterimage was played the first half of the tour.. then swapped out for Kid Gloves on Sept. 14 '84

PROOFz!

Edited by Snaked

First Set:

Headlong Flight

Ceiling Unlimited

Turn the Page

The Big Money

The Larger Bowel

YYZ

Halo Effect

Red Sector A

Dreamline

Carnies

Natural Science

Second Set:

Caravan

Driven

BU2B

Limelight

Freewill

Manhattan Project

The Main Monkey Business

Clockwork Angels

Earthshine

Drum Solo

O'Malley's Break

Jacob's Ladder

The Spirit of Radio

Encore

Tom Sawyer

Xanadu

Grand Finale

Edited by chrisw25

QUOTE (ljr869 @ May 8 2012, 10:20 AM)

There is no way that they ignore Moving Pictures. At least Tom Sawyer and YYZ will get played and more than likely Limelight to. I don't know how you would come up with the idea that they won't play anything off it? Unless you're completely clueless as to how Rush does their setlists and how much that album means to them and their fans.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 9 2012, 01:27 AM)
When will Rush do a B sides Tour?

I must admit I am tired of the same old hits.

If I was Neil I would shitcan "Tom Sawyer" and play "Fly By Night" instead.

Yeah right! laugh.gif

I thought S&A was a b-side tour. Digital Man, Entre Nous, Mission, Secret Touch, Circumstances, Between The Wheels, Natural Science, Witch Hunt, Bangkok and all the songs they did off S&A weren't hits.

Fly By Night would be great to hear live. I'm not sure how big of a hit it was for them back when the album came out but it's one of the regular Rush songs my local classic rock station has played for years now. I don't think the band likes the song though since it hasn't been played in over 30 years. With a little down tuning I don't see Geddy having a problem singing it.

Ahh - I saw them on Sept 29, '84. Still, if Kid Gloves replaced Afterimage, then they never played all 8 songs in the same set.

This is a concept album, right? A story? Wouldn't they play all of CA in order? I guess that's the first key to this puzzle - if they are going to treat it like a concept album.

Warning! Very long post.

Well here is my setlist proposal. I tried to be realistic and include my own favourites. Unfortunately I had to leave out lots of great songs because the new songs take so much space from the setlist. First I listed 8 songs I really want to hear. They are:

Xanadu

The Spirit of Radio

Natural Science

Limelight

Vital Signs

Red Sector A

Mission

Driven

That's approximately 45 minutes.

I want to hear song from all eras. (well Geddy can't sing the early stuff anymore so no songs from 74' to 76' except 2112 Overture/The Temples.) I had the 80s pretty much covered so I picked some songs from 90s and 00s. Then I thought about the Signals 30-anniversary and picked few Signals songs. I couldn't left Tom Sawyer out even though I wouldn't mind if they wouldn't play it. YYZ is the same thing but it gives some rest to Geddys voice and after all it's great song live. (great song overall too but I'm bored to hear it)

So I added these songs:

2112 Overture/The Temples

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

The Weapon (could be Chemistry or Countdown also)

Cut to the Chase / Between Sun and Moon / Cold Fire (can't decide!)

Earthshine

Far Cry (I wouldn't include any S&A songs but I'm sure they will play some)

Well now I had the old songs covered. Too bad so many great songs had to be left out. I wouldn't mind to add something like A Passage to Bangkok, The Trees, Afterimage, Big Money, Manhattan Project, Force Ten, Prime Mover or Roll the Bones / Dreamline over Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Subdivisions or Far Cry but that's just pretty unrealistic.

Well then there is Clockwork Angels. I don't like the idea that they play all songs in a row. That would kill the flow too badly. I think the best strategy is play the songs in correct order just not in a row. I would leave out few of the songs (11 is just too much) It's still a guessing game which ones because we haven't heard the album yet. Well I left out those that the reviews claimed to be the weakest. So finally, here is the setlist in correct order:

Tom Sawyer

Far Cry

"Caravan"

"BUB2"

Mission

Cut to the Chase / Between Sun and Moon / Cold Fire

Driven

"Clockwork Angels"

"The Anarchist"

"Carnies"

YYZ

Earthshine

"Halo Effect"

Vital Signs

Intermission

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

The Weapon

"Seven Cities of Gold"

"Headlong Flight"

"BU2B2"

"The Garden"

Drum Solo

Xanadu

Red Sector A

The Spirit of Radio

Encore

Natural Science

Limelight

EDIT. Did some changes. Tom Sawyer is now opener because I guess J2112YYZ is right. Because Xanadu is almost 11 minutes long (if they play the album version) I also put Far Cry in the beginning of first set.

Edited by Flying Finn