I heard it through the grapevine

Motorshooter

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ May 10 2012, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 7 2012, 11:45 AM)
Wow, I honestly would much rather them play the whole new album than Signals, because its new and less "fluff"!

There is NO filler ("fluff") in Signals

You are correct sir.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how or where the rumor started about them playing Signals in it's entirety. There was or is nothing to back up that rumor. Complete bunk.

I'm sure this tour will be much like S&A. They will play 5-7 songs or more from CA. Plus they will play the standards and break out a few B side gems.

I'm actually looking forward to as much as the new material as possible on this tour. Something I really couldn't say for S&A.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 06:54 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 10 2012, 10:44 AM)
I'm actually looking forward to as much as the new material as possible on this tour. Something I really couldn't say for S&A.

So, you've heard the entire album then? confused13.gif

No, but I've heard 3 songs that are better than anything off S&A.

Nice try tho'.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 10 2012, 11:53 AM)

Nice try tho'.

laugh.gif

How is that a 'nice try'?

I'm being 100% serious...and this isn't just to you...it's to everyone claiming that they want to hear the entire record, BEFORE they've actually heard it.

What I said was based on what you said: I'm actually looking forward to as much as the new material as possible on this tour. Something I really couldn't say for S&A[/u]

I was going off the assumption that you disliked S&A AFTER you heard the entire record, and therefore you weren't happy to see tons of S&A songs played (which makes sense).

Sure, you love the 3 new tunes. Awesome. So do I. What I'm saying is...what if you absolutely end up DISLIKING the rest of the album? Would you honestly want to see 1 hour of the show go to material you don't like? I highly doubt it. I know I wouldn't personally.

Like it on vinyl or not I still appreciate hearing it live if for nothing else the perspective of discovering if it was simply a studio faux-pas or simply a bad song.

i.e. Stupidconductor

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 10 2012, 12:23 PM)
Like it on vinyl or not I still appreciate hearing it live if for nothing else the perspective of discovering if it was simply a studio faux-pas or simply a bad song.
i.e. Stupidconductor

Oh, definitely.

I've been lucky because in one way or another, I like all the songs.

In fact, some I downright love that others absolutely loathe (Neurotica, Virtuality) which are songs that I would be drooling over live, while others would be going for their 'pee breaks'.

I fully expect and hope to LOVE CA so much that I want to hear those songs live. Totally.

I loved S&A, so hearing all of those songs live was great for me. Though I will say that no matter how great a new album is, with a catelog as vast as Rush has, I'd much rather them play a few less new songs, and more obscure tunes that I have yet to hear live.

I know alot of people here have been lucky to have seen them on so many tours throughout the 80's and such, but as a fan that only got to his first concert on the Vapor Trails tour, I can tell you that there are still SO MANY other songs that I really want to hear live before they call it quits.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 08:11 AM)

Nice try tho'.

laugh.gif

I'm being 100% serious...and this isn't just to you...it's to everyone claiming that they want to hear the entire record, BEFORE they've actually heard it.

What I said was based on what you said: I'm actually looking forward to as much as the new material as possible on this tour. Something I really couldn't say for S&A[/u]

I was going off the assumption that you disliked S&A AFTER you heard the entire record, and therefore you weren't happy to see tons of S&A songs played (which makes sense).

Sure, you love the 3 new tunes. Awesome. So do I. What I'm saying is...what if you absolutely end up DISLIKING the rest of the album? Would you honestly want to see 1 hour of the show go to material you don't like? I highly doubt it. I know I wouldn't personally.

Well, I wasn't sure if you are trying to be a smart ass or not. Seems like there is always someone waiting to pounce on each and every post out there. So I apologize if you are sincere.

Yeah, I've only heard 3 songs but I like the direction they are taking. Based on what I've heard so far, things look bright for the rest of the album. Of course I could be wrong and the rest of the record might suck. If that is the case...then no, I don't want to sit thru 5-6 songs at a concert.

But, it's been quite some time that I have been this excited about new Rush material. And willing to hear it live. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 10 2012, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 08:11 AM)

Nice try tho'.

laugh.gif

Well, I wasn't sure if you are trying to be a smart ass or not. Seems like there is always someone waiting to pounce on each and every post out there. So I apologize if you are sincere.

Yeah, I've only heard 3 songs but I like the direction they are taking. Based on what I've heard so far, things look bright for the rest of the album. Of course I could be wrong and the rest of the record might suck. If that is the case...then no, I don't want to sit thru 5-6 songs at a concert.

But, it's been quite some time that I have been this excited about new Rush material. And willing to hear it live. biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

No worries. I was definitely being sincere.

I know I had already stated this in another thread a few days ago, but I was just finding that so many people are keen on hearing the whole album live when we haven't heard it yet.

Like I said, I LOVE the first 3 tunes, and I hope I love the rest. But some people here legitimately HATE certain albums, so I was just saying that I'm surprised some people seem to know that they want to hear the whole thing when they haven't yet heard it.

But anyways...yeah, I totally agree with you. I'm all for hearing new Rush live, especially if it kicks all kinds of ass like the first 3 tunes! I guess we will find out soon! 1022.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 10 2012, 01:43 PM)
Seems like there is always someone waiting to pounce on each and every post out there. So I apologize if you are sincere.

That would be me. smile.gif

S&A rules!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 10 2012, 02:03 PM)
S&A rules!

yes.gif

(*now waiting for MD to chime in... tongue.gif )

You are both f-n crazy cool10.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 10 2012, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 10 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 10 2012, 02:03 PM)
S&A rules!

yes.gif

(*now waiting for MD to chime in... tongue.gif )

You are both f-n crazy cool10.gif

laugh.gif

trink39.gif