I heard it through the grapevine

Motorshooter

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 8 2012, 11:33 AM)
ASSUMING the OP is even correct. OMG you people jump from one rumor to the next! Is life that boring?

Yes! Yes it is!

Life without 2.gif isn't worth living!

no.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 8 2012, 12:36 PM)
Maybe the 3 months release is to gain feedback from the fans to determine weather to play the album in its entirety or not!

Possibly...but my thinking is this:

1) Tour prep time

2) Use of indoor arenas...seems to be what they want for this tour.

3) Gives Geddy time to get full use of his Blue Jays season tickets.

4) Gives all 3 of them the summer off to enjoy before 'back to work'.

Rush already through us a bone with the TM Tour and now if they want to go on tour and play the damn album whatever way they want, they can and should.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 8 2012, 06:08 AM)
If they play the entire album, are we assuming it's in order? Even if I end up loving the album, a consecutive hour of new music would just kill the momentum of the concert. That S&A block was too much.

goodpost.gif That S&A block almost put me in the E.R.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 7 2012, 04:15 PM)
The bottom line is this...

If you LOVE CA, then the whole album played in its entirety is awesome.

If you HATE CA, then you'll hate seeing the entire album played.

I don't really understand how anyone can honestly be 100% behind this when you haven't even heard the whole thing yet? Makes no sense.

Do we anticipate it will be good? Sure. Do we know for a fact? Not unless you've heard it all - start to finish, which almost all of us haven't.

Believe me...I am fanboi 101...I love all their material, and I certainly hope it continues with CA. But do we ever really know beforehand? Nope.

To me, as much as I may love CA, I still think the whole thing is too much. Why you ask? Because I already know that they will play Tom Sawyer, TSOR, and other staples I've heard a million times over.

So what does that leave? Hardly any time left for the obscure tunes I'd much rather see! Cut To The Chase, Open Secrets, Something For Nothing, Analog Kid, The Weapon, The Necromancer, Anthem, Time and Motion, Prime Mover, Territories, Middletown Dreams, etc.

Their catelog is TOO vast to be hearing most/all of ANY album. I want a nice mix. No matter how great CA is, 5-6 songs from it would be enough IMO.

Well said Sir trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 8 2012, 02:20 PM)
If they play the entire album, are we assuming it's in order? Even if I end up loving the album, a consecutive hour of new music would just kill the momentum of the concert. That S&A block was too much.

Intruder alert! Intruder alert!

Not a real Rush fan. Live Rush kicks ass, even if off VT.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 8 2012, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 8 2012, 02:20 PM)

Intruder alert! Intruder alert!

Not a real Rush fan. Live Rush kicks ass, even if off VT.

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 8 2012, 02:23 PM)
Live Rush kicks ass, especially if off VT.

There, FIFY tongue.gif moon.gif

I have a friend who works for a guy whose wife went to school with Geddy's wife that told another friend that he heard from Gump's chiropractor that nobody, not even the band has any clue what the setlist is going to look like..

4 MONTHS FROM NOW.

Relax people. They're in vacation mode right now. They *MIGHT* be emailing ideas back and forth regarding songs that they want to fiddle around with once July comes around and they start rehearsals... but seriously, there is not even a skeleton of a setlist written down ANYWHERE yet.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 8 2012, 12:54 PM)
I have a friend who works for a guy whose wife went to school with Geddy's wife that told another friend that he heard from Gump's chiropractor that nobody, not even the band has any clue what the setlist is going to look like..

4 MONTHS FROM NOW.

Relax people. They're in vacation mode right now. They *MIGHT* be emailing ideas back and forth regarding songs that they want to fiddle around with once July comes around and they start rehearsals... but seriously, there is not even a skeleton of a setlist written down ANYWHERE yet.

Exactly, hell even if they all said through e-mail today "hey let's play _________" the reality is that until rehearsals are nearly done no song is sure to be in the set even if they try it. That's why so many people jumped on Alex when he said they were rehearsing Jacob's Ladder last time and it didn't make it, he wasn't lying, they were working on it and Neil even talked about it on his recent dvd but they just weren't happy with it in the end. Their method means even they won't know the exact set until around mid-August, maybe later. They likely won't even have a "it would be neat to try ______" rough outline of a set for another couple months. Hell, on the soundboard bootleg of the last night of rehearsals for the Counterparts tour the night before the first show they were still playing Distant Early Warning and yet it didn't get played at all for the whole tour. Nothing is set until the tour starts.

I wonder if they still do the "2 songs that the others cannot veto" rule. I remember them talking on Rockline in the 90s about how when they tour, each of the three gets to pick 2 songs to play on tour that they other two cannot veto.

QUOTE (The K Man @ May 8 2012, 01:41 PM)
I wonder if they still do the "2 songs that the others cannot veto" rule. I remember them talking on Rockline in the 90s about how when they tour, each of the three gets to pick 2 songs to play on tour that they other two cannot veto.

I don't know, even when they say that kind of stuff in a serious way I don't think you can really tell when they're just joking.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 03:38 PM)
Yah I'm pretty sure Neil has the last word. I think there are certain songs he refuses to play

Well then I hope Neil loves The Weapon, The Enemy Within, Kid Gloves, and Middletown Dreams. trink38.gif

What I think is a great idea is for the boys to submit a handful of obscure songs that they are ALL okay with playing on a poll on their site/facebook/etc to gauge out what the fans themselves want to hear. 1022.gif

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 8 2012, 02:38 PM)
Yah I'm pretty sure Neil has the last word. I think there are certain songs he refuses to play

I think Neil's clearly the most reluctant to play the older stuff. Then Geddy after that. I really doubt there's much old material that Alex would protest strongly against just because he has more fun with the whole thing (and of course he's not singing). However, on the second The Hour interview with Alex and Geddy right before the TM tour the host asked them which song one likes to play that the other hates and Geddy said to Alex "You don't like to play Stick It Out, right?" and Alex responded "No, that's Neil that doesn't like to play it", yet they played it on the tour anyway. Obviously they were either wrong about Neil not liking to play it or else he doesn't have complete veto power.

Since Signals is my favorite album, I certainly would have loved to see it, perhaps more than most.

But it always seemed extremely unlikely to me.... I've always just kind of accepted that they'll probably never play Losing It.

It'd be really nice if they did The Weapon, though.

QUOTE (analog guy @ May 8 2012, 10:43 PM)
Since Signals is my favorite album, I certainly would have loved to see it, perhaps more than most.

But it always seemed extremely unlikely to me.... I've always just kind of accepted that they'll probably never play Losing It.

I love The Weapon, too. At least we have the live version on the GUP concert which is absolutely stellar.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 8 2012, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (analog guy @ May 8 2012, 10:43 PM)

I love The Weapon, too. At least we have the live version on the GUP concert which is absolutely stellar.

The Weapon and Cut to the Chase top my list of what i want to hear live! yes.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 7 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 7 2012, 11:38 AM)
http://i.imgur.com/3TKE0.png

If  2.gif is confident enough to play CA in its entirety, it must be a pretty bitchin' album. I just hope we hear one or two (Hopefully NONE but I know I'm in the minority) MP songs tops.

Did your friend say anything about Signals being played prominently?

they felt confident playing 9 tunes from s & a on that tour and that turned out to be a heaping pile.

I still don't get the hate for S&A. One of my favorite Rush albums from top to bottom.