I heard it through the grapevine

Motorshooter

Talked with a long time friend, Rush enthusiast and fellow journalist this past weekend. The word coming out of the SRO camp is that this tour is all Clockwork Angles supported with Rush tunes from their past albums. There are no plans to play Signals in its entirety on this tour.

Time will tell.

Edited by Motorshooter

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/3TKE0.png

If 2.gif is confident enough to play CA in its entirety, it must be a pretty bitchin' album. I just hope we hear one or two (Hopefully NONE but I know I'm in the minority) MP songs tops.

Did your friend say anything about Signals being played prominently?

QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 7 2012, 11:38 AM)

If 2.gif is confident enough to play CA in its entirety, it must be a pretty bitchin' album. I just hope we hear one or two (Hopefully NONE but I know I'm in the minority) MP songs tops.

He didn't hear any details on set lists, just that it's CA tour, not a tour to play the entire Signals album.

I'm mos def kool wit dat. Maybe there'll be a Signals medly, or just a few rarely played choice cuts in addition to Subdivisions like Chemistry and Losing it. And NWM!

That's fine by me. After hearing the first three tracks, seeing Caravan and BU2B live and reading the new album review on Musicradar, I'd love to hear it all!

Maybe they don't want to have a Camera Eye type situation where a fan favorite goes unplayed for years (or at this point, never)

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 7 2012, 11:45 AM)
Wow, I honestly would much rather them play the whole new album than Signals, because its new and less "fluff"!

Wow, I honestly would much rather them play Signals than the new album!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 7 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 7 2012, 11:45 AM)
Wow, I honestly would much rather them play the whole new album than Signals, because its new and less "fluff"!

Wow, I honestly would much rather them play Signals than the new album!

Wow. I would much rather them play all of both (but I know it's not going to happen). biggrin.gif

they felt confident playing 9 tunes from s & a on that tour and that turned out to be a heaping pile.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 7 2012, 12:50 PM)
I still cannot believe how many fans here actually believed they would play all of Signals in the first place. It was never in the least bit credible for a variety of reasons.

i think that started when the rumor came out that they were going to play with an orchestra. wacko.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 7 2012, 11:57 AM)

If  2.gif is confident enough to play CA in its entirety, it must be a pretty bitchin' album. I just hope we hear one or two (Hopefully NONE but I know I'm in the minority) MP songs tops.

they felt confident playing 9 tunes from s & a on that tour and that turned out to be a heaping pile.

According to you.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 7 2012, 12:57 PM)

If  2.gif is confident enough to play CA in its entirety, it must be a pretty bitchin' album. I just hope we hear one or two (Hopefully NONE but I know I'm in the minority) MP songs tops.

confused13.gif I loved the S&A tour. confused13.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 7 2012, 10:50 AM)
I still cannot believe how many fans here actually believed they would play all of Signals in the first place. It was never in the least bit credible for a variety of reasons.

Really all people had to go by was the tour book cover. It's amazing how one image could incite that much speculation.

That said, I was inclined to believe it to be true myself, even though it was hard to imagine them pulling off Losing It, even with a tape of Ben Mink's part.

Was having 5 songs off S&A played in a row a tad too much? Maybe. Did *I* think it was? Not necessarily. I didn't exactly find myself "falling asleep" during that 5-song stretch. Would have I accepted substituting a couple of those 5 songs with a couple of OLDER songs / rare gems? Of COURSE. Point is - it wasn't the HIGHLIGHT of the show, but it wasn't the WORST thay have done either. The rest of the S&A setlist MORE than made up for it...(Digital Man, Entre Nous, Mission, Circumstances, Between The Wheels, Witch Hunt, A Passage To Bangkok, Ghost Of A Chance...ect...ect...) yes.gif

I personally think that Rush's "worst" setlist (not saying BAD - just "worst") would probably have been the Hold Your Fire tour. TODAY, we would probably love it...but back THEN - 90% of the setlist was all GuP, PoW, and HYF stuff. I honestly think if I had seen that tour, back then, I would have probably been a bit dissapointed. That would be the same as if on the upcoming tour, 90% of the setlist was all VT, S&A, and CA tunes, with Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit of Radio, and CTTH thrown in for good measure...