Where do you buy your vinyl?

RUSHandOSU

I was wondering if you guys buy your vinyl in a specific place like amazon, ebay, or a local shop? Ive been buying off the net recently because the shops around here in cincinnati dont have any rush!! Is there maybe another site out there you can find em for a good price. anybody have any info on musicstack.com either? I stumbled upon their site and wondered if its reliable. Thanks guys!!

Although when I lived back in New Jersey I went to Princeton Record Exchange (one of the world's most famous record shops) and some in Pennsylvania, I haven't been able to find any particularly good shops for vinyl near me in coastal Carolina. However, there is a 2nd and Charles store that is close by which sometimes has some good findings.

occasionally online, but mostly thrift stores and pawn shops and Craigslist. With yard sale season starting, I've already scored a bunch of killer vinyl. Our local record store recently stopped selling vinyl and started selling musical instruments and amps and such exclusively so that bums me out.

There's a little shop that I go to called Meteor Music. 95% of their inventory are vinyl records.

Just last week I scored an original pressing of High Tide and Green Grass by The Rolling Stones. I also bought Exit...Stage Left. Mint condition. I was quite pleased to say the least. smile.gif

I'm lucky in that although I live in a relatively small town there's three stores here that sell vinyl - one of which carries new releases. It's amazing how easily I can find older albums still in the shrinkwrap or even sealed! So I'm always picking 1st pressings and imports in excellent shape. Plus there's a record convention that comes to town twice a year so I'm pretty happy camper. The only reason I might be tempted to buy online is finally pick up a few really rare records I've been looking for for decades.

Here in Sacramento, Ca we have one of the biggest and best record shops around call The Beat and of course there is always Dimple Records

why bother buying some vinyl records when they were recorded digitally. the vinyl record you listen to on your turn table is a digital product. i guess some buy it just to keep it in the wrapper and just look at it for artwork reasons.

QUOTE (shail @ May 18 2012, 08:51 AM)
why bother buying some vinyl records when they were recorded digitally. the vinyl record you listen to on your turn table is a digital product. i guess some buy it just to keep it in the wrapper and just look at it for artwork reasons.

My father has "Wish You Were Here" Remaster on Vinyl, and he LOVES it. "THIS IS HOW THIS ALBUM WAS SUPPOSED TO SOUND IN THE 70'S." Granted, I don't like it, because it is missing EVERYTHING that makes a vinyl, a vinyl.