Is it worth it

Is it worth it?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth it?

• Go For It
    • No, Get a Job

I have only $40 to my name and have no job. Rush tickets are on sale at minimum for $44-$54 in Buffalo (I'll be at UB then so I won't have to worry about transportation). I've never seen Rush live and may not have another chance to see them. Should I still buy it even though the seats aren't very good? I'm sure I'd treat myself to much better seats next time they come around, I'd likely have cash then.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 6 2012, 06:59 PM)
Go for it.

You only live once.

Agreed.

You may not live much longer, but you still live only once. No one can out-live you. They only live once, too. You may die soon, but at least you got to see RUSH....!! wink.gif wink.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

No matter how crappy the seats are, go for it! I saw Rush at The Garden last year and I didn't have the best of seats (the floor plan there is awful), but the band was on fire and I ended up enjoying it, subpar seats and all.

Honestly?

The show isnt for several months.

Save the $40. Get a job and then buy a decent ticket.

Deliver pizza's or flip burgers at MickyD's.

But don't drop your last $40 on a concert especially when it's so many months away and you can easily save up enough to do much better.

I agree with Snaked. The concert is a ways a way. Wait. Don't spend money you need right now. If you have money as the show gets closer you will probably score better tickets at that time.

QUOTE (balance @ May 6 2012, 07:51 PM)
Why not.. Both my wife and I are un-employed and I picked up 2 tickets. You have to have your priorities in the right place.... yes.gif

Write to your Congressman....maybe he can get some new legislation passed thru which will provide govt assistance for Rush tix.

I'm with Snaked & Tick on this one. The show will not sell out anytime soon. For most people, making concert plans 5-6 months ahead of time isn't something they do unless they're one of the diehard fans. Plus, if you're only getting a ticket for yourself the odds are good you can get a single seat in a decent location at almost anytime. So save up what ever money you can right now and wait. The $66 dollar tickets, which I got, will still get you a decent seat in the lower or middle level.

QUOTE (skeeter @ May 6 2012, 06:35 PM)
Why not..  Both my wife and I are un-employed and I picked up 2 tickets.  You have to have your priorities in the right place....  yes.gif

Write to your Congressman....maybe he can get some new legislation passed thru which will provide govt assistance for Rush tix.

That would be a far better use of tax dollars than is usually the case. yes.gif

Go for it man. A Rush concert from anywhere in the building is way better than no Rush concert at all.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 6 2012, 10:27 PM)
Go for it! Secure your entrances, Then get a job and when you get paid buy better seats and give the others away to a friend who has never seen 2.gif!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think this may be the safest plan. That way I'm guaranteed a spot and could possibly improve it later.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 6 2012, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 6 2012, 10:27 PM)
Go for it! Secure your entrances, Then get a job and when you get paid buy better seats and give the others away to a friend who has never  seen  2.gif!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

I think this may be the safest plan. That way I'm guaranteed a spot and could possibly improve it later.

yes.gif

They say that at the end of our life we regret the things we didn't do.

I have to say yes, go for it!

I know that sounds irresponsible but seeing Rush live is like nothing you've ever experienced. Last year we almost passed up tickets to Hershey because they were way in the back of the floor. We had seen them the last couple of tours and had three shows in a row inside the first 10 rows. We swallowed our spoiled pride and went anyway. It was the best show I've been to yet; view be damned. Trust me, go!

Why not.. Both my wife and I are un-employed and I picked up 2 tickets. You have to have your priorities in the right place.... yes.gif

Let us know when you get yours in the right place biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 7 2012, 01:16 PM)
Why not..  Both my wife and I are un-employed and I picked up 2 tickets.  You have to have your priorities in the right place....  yes.gif

Let us know when you get yours in the right place biggrin.gif

Egg zactly!

Being totally serious.

I'm really shocked at the advise to buy a ticket for a concert when you have no job and barely any money.

Can with get real?

Yeah...its a Rush concert...and its like totally awesome...but c'mon.

Feed yourself. Get a job. Get stable....then buy a concert ticket! atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 03:54 PM)
Being totally serious.
I'm really shocked at the advise to buy a ticket for a concert when you have no job and barely any money.
Can with get real?
Yeah...its a Rush concert...and its like totally awesome...but c'mon.

Feed yourself. Get a job. Get stable....then buy a concert ticket! atickhum.gif

I'm still in high school, I live with my parents and will be in a dorm room in Buffalo next year. I'm trying to get a job to save money for college, and I'd like to spend my last $40 for now on Rush. I can afford to make this risk.

Edited by Union 5-3992