Let's complain about Facebook here

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ May 8 2012, 02:04 AM)
They should add a "flirtation" option for relationship status since I've been in one with a girl for the past few months.

No worries, I'm sure that silly option will be along in the near future. tongue.gif

Seriously though, why don't you just get it over with and ask her out, meet up or whatever it is you want? You shouldn't need a facebook button to go out on a date.

Why do people post what they are up to on FB like anyone cares? I have friends that will post they just got home from work, or they are off to the gym, or they are going to have dinner with their significant other. No one cares. Why don't they just post the next time they are about to take a shit?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 8 2012, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ May 8 2012, 02:04 AM)
They should add a "flirtation" option for relationship status since I've been in one with a girl for the past few months.

No worries, I'm sure that silly option will be along in the near future. tongue.gif

Seriously though, why don't you just get it over with and ask her out, meet up or whatever it is you want? You shouldn't need a facebook button to go out on a date.

or a stalker option

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 11 2012, 05:39 PM)
Why do people post what they are up to on FB like anyone cares? I have friends that will post they just got home from work, or they are off to the gym, or they are going to have dinner with their significant other. No one cares. Why don't they just post the next time they are about to take a shit?

Because some people do care. Maybe not so much about things like "just had breakfast", but there are a lot of seemingly trivial things that people in your life might just care about - because they care about you.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 7 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ May 7 2012, 08:52 AM)
I don't use Facebook so no complaints here.

this.

I like that too, when someone freaks because I don't have facebook.

I take it you two don't want to be added, then... wink.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif

I've got but a minor moan about FB at this moment: logging in earlier, I found that the whole layout has changed. No main page, no profile pic, and my own main page and profile pic have gone. Any idea what's going on there? Another FB change? Update?

And then there was a profile update in which I had to text FB for a confirmation code, then supply my cell phone carrier name and model, and have text-based messages whenever someone commented on something I wrote. There's an option to stop that, so that's good. I usually get messages via email.

Anyway, I'm seriously confused about what's happened with whatever FB's up to.

Has anyone else flat-out refused to "upgrade" to the timeline? Because I sure have. Timeline is the dumbest idea ever, especially for people like me who don't even have that many pictures up. I'm not too photogenic tongue.gif I just like the casual conversations with my friends.

I just got tthe facebook. I like it. I don't understand the timeline thing though. Some people have it some don't. It's to confusing to understand. But I've got about only 50 some friends thus far and that's nice. I can keep in contact with those people much easier.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 12 2012, 08:29 PM)
Has anyone else flat-out refused to "upgrade" to the timeline? Because I sure have. Timeline is the dumbest idea ever, especially for people like me who don't even have that many pictures up. I'm not too photogenic tongue.gif I just like the casual conversations with my friends.

Mine came automatically when i clicked on an app. to open a game or something. i never wanted it to tho. angry.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ May 12 2012, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 12 2012, 08:29 PM)

Mine came automatically when i clicked on an app. to open a game or something. i never wanted it to tho. angry.gif

I avoid apps and games like they're the plague. I don't need a big clusterf*ck of crap on my page. That's how I've avoided timeline wink.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 12 2012, 07:29 PM)
Has anyone else flat-out refused to "upgrade" to the timeline?

YES! And it's not because I'm one of those people who just hates change. I find the Timeline layout too cluttered and messy. I like the normal layout...nice and streamlined and easy to follow.

Timeline makes NO sense. At ALL. The previous layout was fine. Timeline is confusing and it's taxing to look through posts on say, a band's profile or something.

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 12 2012, 08:59 PM)
I've got but a minor moan about FB at this moment: logging in earlier, I found that the whole layout has changed. No main page, no profile pic, and my own main page and profile pic have gone. Any idea what's going on there? Another FB change? Update?

And then there was a profile update in which I had to text FB for a confirmation code, then supply my cell phone carrier name and model, and have text-based messages whenever someone commented on something I wrote. There's an option to stop that, so that's good. I usually get messages via email.

Anyway, I'm seriously confused about what's happened with whatever FB's up to.

And my Timeline's gone! What the hells' FB playing at?!