Is It All Just A Precalculated Game?

Tick

So, my friend gets online at 10 am Friday morning for the Bridgeport show. The first thing that comes up is bad floor seats in the second half of the floor. He passes on them The next thing that comes up is some center ice section seats down low. Nice seats so he buys them.

I am convinced the first day sale is about screwing the real fans knowing they will buy tickets no matter what. Then soon after better seats start to show up to entice the fans who are on the fence.

This is my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking with it. atickhum.gif

It's all a crock sad.gif Very disappointing.

Even though I'm only going to be 24 this June, I still feel like old.gif when I tell people of how it "used to be" back in 2008- before 2.gif's explosion of popularity. . . of buying a pair of ACTUAL VIP tickets from a scalper for a grand total of $160 to sit in a reserved section of Greatwoods in Mansfield, MA!

Now a "VIP" ticket costs double that AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR SEAT NUMBER TILL THE DAY OF THE SHOW. dazed025.gif

How asinine. If I didn't have a bad back and a full-time job, I'd say bring back the days of sleeping outside your record store to get a front row seat! smile.gif

100% Yes

I spent twenty frantic sweaty minutes getting a ticket for Chicago the moment they went on sale, coming from the UK for the gig so wanted the best seat possible that I could afford, I ended up grabbing a reasonable seat half way back.

I just went on Ticketmaster for a browse out of curiosity to find that I could have got a better seat nearer the stage and cheaper as well if I had waited like 10 days or whatever it is now after that presale opened.

Go figure. banghead.gif

I was in the MusicToday presale at exactly 12:00 and got the message "no tickets available". I kept getting this message for a few tries and then floor seats about 20th row or so started to pop up.

I really wanted to grab them but I've heard so many stories from people that were patient and said better seats would be offered.

Sure enough...about 10 minutes or so I got offered a floor seat Row 9!

This makes zero sense to me. confused13.gif

But, I'm not complaining...they are the best seats I've had in an awful long time and definitely the best I've pulled of a presale. 653.gif

Well, Seattle tickets go on sale at noon today. Looking at the experiences of others, I think I will do the same - pass until I get decent seats. Then I'm going to have my Hubby go to the venue (he works at Seattle Center, too) when the general sale opens and see if he can get better seats.

Wish me luck...... 1022.gif 2.gif

Agree fully with the ticket conspiracy. I can bore you with several stories but it has worked that way ever since my daughter had the first wrist band number they called for The Spice Girls back when you actually had to go to the retailer to wait in line and all they had were nosebleed.

As much as artists rail against ticket sales practices, they have done very little to stop the thievery going on. As one dj cracked on the radio when ticketmaster sent fans directly to their scalping ticket exchange site instead of selling Bruce Sprinsgteen tickets directly a few years ago, politicians could take a step towards stopping the monopoly but they'd have to give up all the free tickets Live Nation gives them.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 6 2012, 09:12 AM)
So, my friend gets online at 10 am Friday morning for the Bridgeport show. The first thing that comes up is bad floor seats in the second half of the floor. He passes on them The next thing that comes up is some center ice section seats down low. Nice seats so he buys them.
I am convinced the first day sale is about screwing the real fans knowing they will buy tickets no matter what. Then soon after better seats start to show up to entice the fans who are on the fence.

Yep, it is. I have always believed this.

Years ago, I got a radio password to a "presale", logged in that day and literally all day long...could get nothing but LAWNS! Yup...lawn seats in a presale.

I picked them up like a desperate fool. Fast forward a few months and just two weeks before the show, I was now finding tickets in the 300 section. I purchased them, and luckly sold my lawn seats.

Case in point...great seats always come up near show date, which is why so many of these 'presales' are simply a crock. It's damn frustrating.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 7 2012, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 6 2012, 09:12 AM)
So, my friend gets  online at 10 am Friday morning for the Bridgeport show. The first thing that comes up is bad floor seats in the second half of the floor. He passes on them The next thing that comes up is some center ice section seats down low. Nice seats so he buys them.

Yep, it is. I have always believed this.

Years ago, I got a radio password to a "presale", logged in that day and literally all day long...could get nothing but LAWNS! Yup...lawn seats in a presale.

I picked them up like a desperate fool. Fast forward a few months and just two weeks before the show, I was now finding tickets in the 300 section. I purchased them, and luckly sold my lawn seats.

Case in point...great seats always come up near show date, which is why so many of these 'presales' are simply a crock. It's damn frustrating.

The thing you have to deside is if whats being offered is worth pulling the trigger on. I got nice section seats for my show.

Could I have waited and got better? Certainly possible.

Could I have waited and not have been able to get seats as good? Certainly possible.

Its a crap shoot and its crap, period.

The tickets should reflect the order is which people are buying them and they sure as hell do not.

At least when you slept out for concerts, the tickets you wound up with reflected the place you were in line. Its not like that anymore. Now you need a lot of money or a lot of luck to acquire a good ticket.

Well, after the huge flop that was today's Seattle pre-sale, I say, YES, they are playing games with us.

Sleeping out for tickets was a bunch of horse shit.

Are you kidding me?

Trust me. That was even worse. Much worse in fact.

Order? What order. When you bought tickets standing in line you were competing with all the other outlets in the city you were seeing them.

It's a lottery.

There is no rhyme or reason to buying tickets for a concert event or a sporting event if your not a season ticket holder.

It's all a crap shoot.

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

If you want guarantees then pay a broker, go VIP or platinum. Otherwise your competing with everyone for a face value ticket.

That's how it always has been. Even when you slept out for tickets.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 05:22 PM)
Are you kidding me?

Order? What order. When you bought tikets standing in line your were competing with all the other outlets in the city you were seeing them.

It's a lottery.

There is no rhyme or reason to buying tickets for a concert event or a sporting event if your not a season ticket holder.

It's all a crap shoot.

If you want guarentees then pay a broker, go VIP or platinum. Otherwise your competing with everyone for a face value ticket.

What the f**k do you know? How old are you? Cause you don't have a f*ckin clue what your talking about...AT ALL!

I knew the pack of people who ran the ticket scalping scene in New Haven and trust me, your place in line is everything! It was NOT a crap shoot! Your place in line at the venue 100% determined the seats you got. Anyone who thinks that isn't the case would be absolutely wrong!

QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 08:20 PM)
Are you kidding me?

Order? What order. When you bought tikets standing in line your were competing with all the other outlets in the city you were seeing them.

It's a lottery.

It's all a crap shoot.

If you want guarentees then pay a broker, go VIP or platinum. Otherwise your competing with everyone for a face value ticket.

What the f**k do you know? How old are you? Cause you don't have a f*ckin clue what your talking about...AT ALL!

First off you must be 12 with your response.

Secondly I am probably much older than you, slept out for tickets for years when that was what you did before this thing called the internet and computers for that matter were in every home.

Been to well over 450 concerts in my life.

Yeah what the f**k do I know? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 10:13 PM)
Are you kidding me?

It's a lottery.

It's all a crap shoot.

Secondly I am probably much older than you, slept out for tickets for years when that was what you did before this thing called the internet and computers for that matter were in every home.

you know dick, that's what you know.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 08:30 PM)
I knew the pack of people who ran the ticket scalping scene in New Haven and trust me, your place in line is everything! It was NOT a crap shoot! Your place in line at the venue 100% determined the seats you got. Anyone who thinks that isn't the case would be absolutely wrong!

I worked at ticket master and bass ticket outlets for years in the 80's.

Most of the employees pulled seats constantly.

Also if you were not the first 5 in a line of 100 you got shit....jack shit.

WTF are you talking about.

It's a crap shoot....even for scalpers. When the internet came it became easier for professional ticket brokers. They have deals with venues, season ticket holders.....the days of paying homeless people to stand in line are so long gone. With the internet you have a better shot at landing better seats than you had sitting in f***ing line with your friends hoping and praying you got a great seat.

WTF do you know?

NOTHING.

Later jack ass. And do me favor.....put me on ignore as I will do the same for you.

Holly shit your a jack ass.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 10:13 PM)
Are you kidding me?

It's a lottery.

It's all a crap shoot.

you know dick, that's what you know.

Wow you are moron.

Later.

QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 7 2012, 08:30 PM)

I worked at ticket master and bass ticket outlets for years in the 80's.

Most of the employees pulled seats constantly.

Also if you were not the first 5 in a line of 100 you got shit....jack shit.

WTF are you talking about.

It's a crap shoot....even for scalpers. When the internet came it became easier for professional ticket brokers. They have deals with venues, season ticket holders.....the days of paying homeless people to stand in line are so long gone. With the internet you have a better shot at landing better seats than you had sitting in f***ing line with your friends hoping and praying you got a great seat.

WTF do you know?

NOTHING.

Later jack ass. And do me favor.....put me on ignore as I will do the same for you.

Holly shit your a jack ass.

You are a jackass.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 7 2012, 10:21 PM)
alright ladies, play nice.

Snaked,

I am cool. I just can't believe what happened. Really mind boggling. He must be angry. Not typical for a Rush fan to post like he did. Shocking actually.

Buying a ticket at the venue vs going though an outlet is a totally different exercise. Totally different. Buying tickets today is far easier and trust me you have a much better shot at good seats today than you did in yesteryear waiting in line at an outlet. Now at a venue...sure if your first, second, third maybe fourth or even fifth ok.....great. So out of how many people waiting in line at the venue get really good seats? Think about that. Plus again you have thousands of people in line at the ticket outlets (this was before internet ticket buying and what I was referring too in my original post before being attacked by this flea....I mean Tick).

Anyway. beathorse.gif

It's over. Back to the thread. If it stays alive.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 7 2012, 10:21 PM)
alright ladies, play nice.

Well, I'm 12, but I'll try.

Apparently Totem and I feel completely opposite. I know what I experienced in the late 70's and early 80's, and as for my neck of the woods goes, I knew the deal.

He can call me whatever but he was the one to come in and proclaim his view as fact.

NOPE. It wasn't that way where I'm from.

"Sleeping out for tickets was a bunch of horse shit.

Are you kidding me?

It's a lottery.

It's all a crap shoot.

That's how it always has been. Even when you slept out for tickets."

That was abrasive, and that was "horseshit". atickhum.gif