Tweet from Classic Prog Rock

HeadlongMark

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 5 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 4 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Grimmflyer @ May 4 2012, 06:26 PM)
Hey Guys,i'm new to the Forum and am surprised at the negativity towards the new songs.I've loved the Band since Hemispheres in 78,thought S&A is great and think it brilliant that we've got a new album to look forward to.
Lets be grateful that the band are still around putting new stuff out and not treading the nostalgia path. Phew,rant over!

negativity rules around here, get used to it. Welcome, by the way 2.gif

Yes, this is the most negative forum on the internet....welcome and you should have a blast! And soon, you too will learn the way of being a negative whiny Rush fan biggrin.gif

It only took me 2 years to become negative! I dare you to make it in less! You son of a motherless goat!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 5 2012, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 4 2012, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (Grimmflyer @ May 4 2012, 06:26 PM)
Hey Guys,i'm new to the Forum and am surprised at the negativity towards the new songs.I've loved the Band since Hemispheres in 78,thought S&A is great and think it brilliant that we've got a new album to look forward to.
Lets be grateful that the band are still around putting new stuff out and not treading the nostalgia path. Phew,rant over!

negativity rules around here, get used to it. Welcome, by the way 2.gif

Yes, this is the most negative forum on the internet....welcome and you should have a blast! And soon, you too will learn the way of being a negative whiny Rush fan biggrin.gif

The biggest problem with Rush is that they aren't Rush fans. When you're out on the road every night playing the same stuff, you tend to tire of it much faster than your fan base. I've been listening to Rush for most of my life and I'm still not tired of the FBN through Signals period. I like a lot of the other material, but it's not the same type of of love affair. Many would still like to hear new music that was more in the style of the classic stuff.

Every time a new album comes out, I'll listen for a while, then go right back to the classic period until the next one comes out, only occasionally having an urge to hear the newer material.

Edited by amish_ashaman

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ May 6 2012, 06:50 PM)

Every time a new album comes out, I'll listen for a while, then go right back to the classic period until the next one comes out, only occasionally having an urge to hear the newer material.

goodpost.gif

I'm pretty much the same way except debut through GuP and some of PoW.

But I do have hope for the new album. The first two singles didn't do much for me, but HF really excites me. Definately has the potential in my world to be the best album since the 80s, but I worry that they released their best effort (HF) to build up the hype and that I will be disapointed with the rest.

I still think that I will really like CA, but doubt that I will love it.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 6 2012, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ May 6 2012, 06:50 PM)

goodpost.gif

I'm pretty much the same way except debut through GuP and some of PoW.

But I do have hope for the new album. The first two singles didn't do much for me, but HF really excites me. Definately has the potential in my world to be the best album since the 80s, but I worry that they released their best effort (HF) to build up the hype and that I will be disapointed with the rest.

I still think that I will really like CA, but doubt that I will love it.

I, too,expect to like it, but also doubt I will love it. I've liked songs on everything they've ever done, and I'm sure this will be a good one. But I'll be very surprised if it can come anywhere close to their best stuff.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 3 2012, 10:14 PM)

I'm getting more and more excited. Though stopping short of bean-flicking wink.gif laugh.gif

hey howitis.....

get that bean f*cking flicked

thats an order

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 4 2012, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 4 2012, 01:30 PM)
The first three songs are the best thing  2.gif has created in ages! Those three gems, masterpieces if you will, are better than most of the stuff on Moving Pictures!

eyesre4.gif

Yeah, I LOVE all 3 songs, but this is quite the stretch.

Like I've said a million times...no need to compare the new material to the past...just enjoy it.

Moving Pictures is their crowning achievement.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 7 2012, 03:04 PM)
BU2B is easily the worst of the three by a wide margin. Not even a very good song, much less a masterpiece. no.gif

laugh.gif

To you Goobs.

I'm not a fan of the religious lyrics, and yet...I believe it's easily THE BEST of the three. Love it. 1022.gif

Although I do hate the overuse of the word 'masterpiece'. It's starting to fall in line with 'epic'. How about..."it f'n rocks!'??

That works for me.