Has anyone heard Headlong Flight on Chicago Radio?

The Mighty Dudad

Just curious if anyone has heard HF on any Chicago radio station. Neither of the two stations that you would reasonably expect it to be on (WLUP and WXRQ) appear to be playing it at all. WLUP is even pushing (and giving away) Rush tickets for the 9/15 show and still only plays the "usual suspects".

I know, I know...at the end of the day it doesn't really matter...

TMD

nope.

the best station in chicago is XRT and they wont touch Rush. All the stations that technically should play Rush only plays the same songs over and over.

If you want new Rush in chicago you gotta play it yourself....

Same thing in NJ. The main station you would expect to play them, the Rat, doesnt play Rush much. They do here and there but it's rarely anything not off of Moving Pictures.

And I havent heard them play this song yet. I know hardcore Rush fans love it, but I dont think anyone else does. I dont like the song very much and I definitely get why stations wouldnt play it. That weird rock n roll style chorus is a huge turn off and sounds very dated. It doesnt sound modern at all, like some leftover from S&A, so I cant imagine stations are exactly getting a lot of requests for it.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ May 4 2012, 06:50 AM)
That weird rock n roll style chorus is a huge turn off and sounds very dated. It doesnt sound modern at all, like some leftover from S&A, so I cant imagine stations are exactly getting a lot of requests for it.

But isn't it a rock and roll song or am I missing something? Dated? What era of music does "I stoke the fires on the big steel wheels" sound like to you out of curiosity?

I don't know - sounds like a Rush song to me, so of course modern rock radio (if such a thing exists anymore) isn't going to give a shit LOL.

When have they - ever, really - save for the early eighties?

I know the program director at my local rock/classic rock station. I asked him a few days ago if he had heard it. He said, "no". The next day he told me that he checked on it and they have never played it.

He went on to say that if this album follows those of recent years, when the album comes out, the single will receive a couple cursory plays, it will be met with deafening silence and won't be played ever again.

I hate that guy. rofl3.gif Sadly, he speaks the truth. People just don't get what we do, or we're the weird ones.