What song off Signals do you want hear most

Which song off Signals do you want to hear most.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which song off Signals do you want to hear most.

• Subdivisions
    • Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 5 2012, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 5 2012, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (SLICKMONO @ May 5 2012, 01:06 PM)
Countdown still kicks ass!!

I would Love to hear Countdown Live, Unfortunateky I think it will be:

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Digital Man

New World Man

Thats it!

fists crying.gif

I think The Weapon will be played instead of Digital Man. They played Digital Man on both legs of the S&A tour so it won't be as special this time. The Weapon coming back after not being played since the mid 80s would be way more awesome.

I agree, but the track records proves different. They brought back Between the Wheels and we've seen it on several tours, just like, La Villa, Working Man and Witch Hunt. Of Course (WH was replayed due to MP being played in its entirety.) so that really doesn't count. I think that RUSH having played Digital Man and S & A is the main reason they'll play it again on CA. It's still pretty fresh in their minds!

yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 2 2012, 10:40 PM)
Analog Kid AlexFinal.gif

With The Weapon in a very close second. They're not gonna play Digital Man since they played it on both legs of the S&A tour. Save that spot for Analog or Weapon since they haven't done them in so long.

They played Analog Kid at the last show I saw. Ahhh, but that was 18 years ago. wink.gif I forget that sometimes, as it feels like yesterday.

Anyway...

Countdown!! No question about it, that's the one I'd want over all of the others.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 2 2012, 08:32 PM)
I had to go with Losing It, Since its my favorite RUSH song and
they've never played it live. This might be the only chance, if they are touring with a String Section.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I went and listened to it -- you're right, that is a Gem.

Maybe I shouldn't be so negative about the 'Never-played-live' stuff.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 24 2012, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 2 2012, 08:32 PM)
I had to go with Losing It, Since its my favorite RUSH song and
they've never played it live. This might be the only chance, if they are touring with a String Section.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

I went and listened to it -- you're right, that is a Gem.

Maybe I shouldn't be so negative about the 'Never-played-live' stuff.

I also Recommend:

Cut to the Chase

Alien Shore

Vapor Trails

Different Strings

Open Secrets

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

The things was that prior to Test For Echo they weren't doing 2-1/2 hour shows so they weren't able to play many songs due to Time Restrictions. However that wasn't the case with Losing It, they just couoldn't pull it off live without a violin player. Which is the reason I'm so hopeful this time around!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 3 2012, 06:58 AM)
QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ May 2 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (NYM86 @ May 2 2012, 09:22 PM)
Countdown. That outro riff is probably my favorite guitar part of all time and hearing it live would pretty much make my life.

That's a great riff. I also like the synth solo that comes before it.

Can you imagine how that song would sound and look now Live? Picture this they just finished playing Losing It! (Hey, I can dream!) The lights are low, and that low E on the Keyboard starts and the screens starts lighting up with the images of search lights turning on. Its a whole new digital movie of the space shuttle not the old one from the early 80's . Its clear as hell, not grainy at all. Then when get to the the actual countdown and at 3 seconds the pyro shoots off and the fog machine starts letting a cloud of white envelope the guys like before.....It would be simple awesome. My kids would Love it! I remember seeing it back then during my first RUSH concert (Signals Tour) it was the most memorable of all the songs played. I truely hope they play it again! It would be an experience of a life time.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

WOW!! I just totally went there. And back to the Signals Tour as well. It goes without saying that there is something about RUSH, whether it be the words, music or both that "moves" all of us in one way or another... mentally or physically. I tend not to do any of the physical - "air" anything and truly prefer being able to sit down and dig the whole scene without a sh!tload of outside distractions. I don't air drum or guitar or keyboard nor do I stand on my sofa, jumping up and down, screaming at the stereo or TV. I do sit or sometimes lay down and let the music take me to places my mind interprets. It may not always be where the author, lyricist or musicians intended but that's OK. The thing with Countdown which I believe stes it apart form most everything and anything is that it's about their personal experience of an actual event. A magnificently spectacular, historic and wondrous event. Something I never was able to be fortunate to witness. Tried a time or two but it just never happened for me. True, the song is "dated" and maybe needs some new or cleaned up video but I'd be tickled PINK, even if they did it just as before with same video and stage effects. And be damn happy. Countdown has been and always will be one my most favorite songs. It's RUSH, it's NASA and it's the shuttle program. I used to get chills every time I heard it / played it. Then teared up, sometimes wept when listening to it after we lost Challenger and then Columbia. And now that the entire program has been "retired", I think them performing that tune would a damn swell tribute to not just the NASA shuttle program but to that what keeps us looking to the stars, our imaginations. Now, after the shuttle has reached "negative return" and Countdown ends, a nice spacey instrumental interlude with new CGI commences and you'll notice on the nose and right wing of the orbiter, NASA Rocinante with Cygnus X-1 or BUST painted on one of the shuttle's windows. I can dream as well. And by the way, I voted for Losing It. NOT!! That would be second though just cuz it's a cool song, never been played and would be EZ got Geddy. I love the entire Signals album. To be completely honest, I'd be thrilled beyond belief if they played the whole durn thing.

Honestly....Chemistry. I would love to hear Analog Kid as well, but after listening to some live versions I feel it isn't as great as I would have hoped live...but then again maybe they can pull it off better these days. Anyway,

I'm surprised at the lack of love for Chemistry, that song has really grown on me and I think they could perform it amazingly. Also, it kind of goes with the theme of Clockwork Angels....alchemy...chemistry (yes I realize the lyrics are about the other kind of chemistry, but still!) ?

Edited by theprestobunnies

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 2 2012, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (GoldRush @ May 2 2012, 08:33 PM)
Analog Kid! 1022.gif

I'm pretty sure you'll be hearing that! Actually there's a rumor on another thread that they will open the 2nd set with Analog Kid! Great Start IMO!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

IMO too...

Normally I'd say Digital Man as it's in my top 5 Rush songs, but that was played on the last tour.

With that being the case I have to go with The Weapon. It could evolve into a good jam with a lengthy solo if need be. It would also allow keyboards to be used in the setlist without losing the dark feeling of CA. It would also give geddy's voice a break if they can extend the middle section.

2.gif

I love all of these "I'm sure they will play that" assertions. Based on what? I have been seeing Rush consistently for the last 25 years and have found no magic formula that gives me a "I'm sure they will play" except for TS and TSoR.

That being said, I would love to hear Losing it and would put my second choice as the Weapon only because I have seen AK live twice. To be honest, they could play anything from this album and I would be happy.

QUOTE (tas7 @ May 4 2012, 09:35 PM)
The whole album,restore Digital Man to the full version.Extend the middle section of The Weapon + 3D glasses. Launch a space shuttle.
For those of you who missed The Signals Tour, it was like seeing God, a vision.The tour they should have recorded live. When the space shuttle took off I thought the place was going to explode.

I will have to agree with you. This is the one tour that I wish they had documented with an album and video...and not one of those 80s hour long excerpt things either.

Most obvious choice of all time.

COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorching blast! of golden fireeee

As it slowly leaves the ground

Tearrrrs away with a mIIIghty forccccce

The air is shattered by the awesome sound BOOOOOM!!!!!! *keys own your face right off and lifeson tears shit up*