What song off Signals do you want hear most

Which song off Signals do you want to hear most.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Which song off Signals do you want to hear most.

• Subdivisions
    • Analog Kid
    • Chemistry
    • Digital Man
    • The Weapon
    • New World Man
    • Losing It
    • Countdown

Losing It!

Then it'd be either Chemistry or Countdown. I love Analog Kid but I've seen it live before on the Counterparts tour and the re-arrangement wasn't as good as the studio version for me (it was subtle, not like the re-arrangement of Digital Man on the S&A tour).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough choice. Limited myself to songs I haven't seen them do live, and it was still a toss up between 3 songs: Analog Kid, Losing It, and Countdown.

Went with AK, by a hair.

I want to vote for the whole album.

Losing it, Analog Kid, Digital Man, Countdown all are great choices.

Probably won't hear Chemistry, but since it's been 30 years since a live version, it would be awesome. It would be interesting to mix up the arrangement on one of these songs-- make it an updated, contemporary version of a classic.

I think "None of the above" should be an option.

I don't want to hear Losing it without Ben Mink, and I really don't care to see them playing on stage with Ben Mink.

I'd rather hear all of Clockwork Angels than anything out of the vault from Signals.

Usually, it's Analog Kid, but I've been in a Digital Man kick since I heard it live on the S&A tour.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 3 2012, 06:58 AM)
Can you imagine how that song would sound and look now Live? Picture this they just finished playing Losing It! (Hey, I can dream!) The lights are low, and that low E on the Keyboard starts and the screens starts lighting up with the images of search lights turning on. Its a whole new digital movie of the space shuttle not the old one from the early 80's . Its clear as hell, not grainy at all. Then when get to the the actual countdown and at 3 seconds the pyro shoots off and the fog machine starts letting a cloud of white envelope the guys like before.....It would be simple awesome. My kids would Love it! I remember seeing it back then during my first RUSH concert (Signals Tour) it was the most memorable of all the songs played. I truely hope they play it again! It would be an experience of a life time.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

That would probably have one of the most spectacular visuals/light shows I would ever see in a Rush show. That would be very epic to see live I can tell you that! I always love it when the band adds pyro to their stage show and I can't think of a better song (other thank OLV, Caravan and Witch Hunt) than Countdown to have the pyro and smoke.

I voted for Countdown as well but I'd be just as happy if they played The Analog Kid, Digital Man, The Weapon, and/or Chemistry. If I had to rank the remaining Signals songs I'd wanna hear in order, it would look like this (I'm sure Subdivisions will be on the set):

1. Countdown/The Analog Kid

2. Chemistry

3. The Weapon

4. Digital Man

5. Losing It

6. New World Man

The whole album,restore Digital Man to the full version.Extend the middle section of The Weapon + 3D glasses. Launch a space shuttle.

For those of you who missed The Signals Tour, it was like seeing God, a vision.The tour they should have recorded live. When the space shuttle took off I thought the place was going to explode.

I voted The Analog Kid, but The Weapon was in a close second. Subdivisions is one of my favorite songs, and it's essential that they play it again, but as far as the other songs, I want to hear The Analog Kid and the Weapon.

A somewhat distant second choice for me after Analog Kid is The Weapon.... that was one of the first Rush songs I got super-obsessed with. 1022.gif

QUOTE (SLICKMONO @ May 5 2012, 01:06 PM)
Countdown still kicks ass!!

I would Love to hear Countdown Live, Unfortunateky I think it will be:

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Digital Man

New World Man

Thats it!

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 5 2012, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (SLICKMONO @ May 5 2012, 01:06 PM)
Countdown still kicks ass!!

I would Love to hear Countdown Live, Unfortunateky I think it will be:

Subdivisions

Analog Kid

Digital Man

New World Man

Thats it!

fists crying.gif

I think The Weapon will be played instead of Digital Man. They played Digital Man on both legs of the S&A tour so it won't be as special this time. The Weapon coming back after not being played since the mid 80s would be way more awesome.

As alway with those who have grown with tape decks (3 heads), vinyl double vinyl albums "Analog Kid" is a unique story and music of those golden years some of us have witnessed ;:). Signals was so pop and chic those times and those sounds, huh !! Most important for me was the sound of Lerxts guitar and its tone, that was my Rush, modern and unique. So far "ahead" and everything OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

: ) listening the "Witch Hunt" from 1984 tour now. ..

ORGASSM !