Headlong Flight

Phantom

Which bandmembers playing ( on Headlong Flight ) impresses you the most?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which bandmembers playing ( on Headlong Flight ) impresses you the most?

• Geddy
    • Alex
    • Neil
    • I'm equally impressed by each band members playing on HLF

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ May 2 2012, 10:39 AM)
I love all of their work on this equally.

Ditto. If any one of them weren't holding up his end, it would show. It doesn't. They are.

QUOTE (default236 @ May 2 2012, 03:30 PM)
I love Neil's work NeilFinal.gif but I'm kinda getting over the song. sad.gif

yeah me too, no urge to play it at all... which is very unusual for me and new rush music

still playing bu2b and caravan though so still high hopes for the album

if headlong flight the worst track on CA the album will be a classic

Yeah, I've seen quite a few people who are sick of the song already. It took a few listens to get my head around it, but by then I was tired of it. I like it ( I think!) But have no real desire to listen to it often, and when I do, I can't make it through the whole song.

I'd say Neal because he has the hardest part and it took me well over 40 minutes to get it right, after I'd already nailed Geddy's bass lines on my second-hand multi-tracking vintage record equipment which I bought from Mike Oldfield and hid in my father-in-law's shed. Alex's parts were a little bit difficult because I broke my left wrist on the drums and it was too easy to play right-handed since I can do both so I had to hold the pick in my mouth, but apart from that it was alright. My ex-girlfriend from high school came in and did the vocals, and now my version of HF is surfing the net and it's the one you have just downloaded. tongue.gif

I think Geddy and Neil are at their best here. Alex is solid, but nothing jumps out at me as outstanding. Geddy and Neil are out of their minds from start to finish.

Come on. They all kick ass on this song.The excitement that "they are generating" through this latest offering is undeniable. I find them now more than ever inseparable. Once again Booujzhe knows how to steer the Rocinante for these guys. No it ain't 1970's or early 1980's Rush like so many around my sector wish for. I like it. 2.gif Edited by jonnyj

Geddy's bass stands out a bit - not just his playing, but the crispness of sound it has this time around. It's almost guitar-like and forms the perfect contrast with Alex's distorted guitar.

All three put in a solid performance, of course.