Raise your hand if you've heard all of CA

Gedneil Alpeart

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 10 2012, 07:24 PM)
Are good reviews for a Rush album a good thing? All of their best albums had bad reviews. laugh.gif

Good point! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 10 2012, 05:36 PM)
Some people have already made up their mind NOT to like the new album, even if they will like it ....

I can just see one of THOSE Rush fans after hearing CA and secretly liking it " Must resist.....must not like.....NO....it's new Rush.....I will NOT like this!"

goodpost.gif

Yup! Some have built their whole online persona here on TRF or CP (many more on CP) around hating new Rush.

Assuming (for the halibut) that CA does turn out to be a really strong album, it will be interesting to see if any minds are changed.

I'm betting that many of these folks will still find SOMETHING to dislike about CA, no matter what. beathorse.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 10 2012, 07:05 PM)
Some people have already made up their mind NOT to like the new album, even if they will like it ....

I can just see one of THOSE Rush fans after hearing CA and secretly liking it " Must resist.....must not like.....NO....it's new Rush.....I will NOT like this!"

goodpost.gif

Yup! Some have built their whole online persona here on TRF or CP (many more on CP) around hating new Rush.

Assuming (for the halibut) that CA does turn out to be a really strong album, it will be interesting to see if any minds are changed.

I'm betting that many of these folks will still find SOMETHING to dislike about CA, no matter what. beathorse.gif

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't dislike any Rush song or album to try to maintain some kind of persona or reputation - that would just be stupid. I can't imagine there are many people here, if any, who truly are so biased that they automatically won't like something because they're just that prejudiced. I think most people who aren't big fans of their new music would LOVE to be surprised and find something they truly love that's new by Rush, and I think they listen with more of an open mind than you might think. To truly think people are like that seems to be trying to stereotype and confine people in a certain category that's probably unfair. People are much more complex than what they might portray on a message board.

Like I've always said, I want to love every song and every album, and I listen with an open mind each time. I would much rather be wrong about my skepticism and love something than be right and not like something. Even though in general I'm not a big fan of post-1987 Rush, I loved CP and much of S&A - I will always give credit where I feel credit is due.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 10 2012, 10:26 PM)

goodpost.gif

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't dislike any Rush song or album to try to maintain some kind of persona or reputation - that would just be stupid. I can't imagine there are many people here, if any, who truly are so biased that they automatically won't like something because they're just that prejudiced. I think most people who aren't big fans of their new music would LOVE to be surprised and find something they truly love that's new by Rush, and I think they listen with more of an open mind than you might think. To truly think people are like that seems to be trying to stereotype and confine people in a certain category that's probably unfair. People are much more complex than what they might portray on a message board.

Like I've always said, I want to love every song and every album, and I listen with an open mind each time. I would much rather be wrong about my skepticism and love something than be right and not like something. Even though in general I'm not a big fan of post-1987 Rush, I loved CP and much of S&A - I will always give credit where I feel credit is due.

Why did you respond to his post? He didn't call you out. Do you resemble something in his post?

rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 10 2012, 11:26 PM)

goodpost.gif

[geminirising] bekloppt.gif [/geminirising]

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 11 2012, 06:09 AM)

goodpost.gif

Why did you respond to his post? He didn't call you out. Do you resemble something in his post?

rofl3.gif tongue.gif

He's called me out enough in the past that I know he means me (in addition to a few other choice individuals). wink.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 11 2012, 08:09 AM)

goodpost.gif

rofl3.gif tongue.gif

He's got a guilty conscience...

wink.gif