meet and greets?

Do you have to have connections to get a meet and greet? Or how can you go about getting one. I've always wanted to meet Geddy and Alex!

I think you have to purchase merchandise when you buy your fan presale tickets to be eligible for a drawing for the meet and greet-- one M&G per venue, I believe. Of course, this relates to my rant in another thread that the concert-going experience has become excessively commodified. In this case, you are only eligible for the M&G if you buy stuff. But I won't get into that here (well OK, obviously I just did...)

Anyone know if there are other ways to get a M&G?

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 1 2012, 02:50 PM)
IF you are terminally ill then you can def meet them. There was a girl on here a while back and she posted many pictures of her with the band prior to a show.

Well i'm not terminally ill, at least I hope not. Because if I am, then I have no clue.

Hmmm. Maybe I can have a pass land into my hands or something. smile.gif

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 1 2012, 03:50 PM)
IF you are terminally ill then you can def meet them. There was a girl on here a while back and she posted many pictures of her with the band prior to a show.

She wasn't (and isn't) terminally ill. She suffered from childhood cancer and received a wish from the Make-A-Wish fondation. Her wish was to meet Rush. She has been cancer free for almost 5 years and will be celebrating her 21st birthday at the upcoming Atlanta show on Nov 1st.

QUOTE (johndyar @ May 1 2012, 02:36 PM)

She wasn't (and isn't) terminally ill. She suffered from childhood cancer and received a wish from the Make-A-Wish fondation. Her wish was to meet Rush. She has been cancer free for almost 5 years and will be celebrating her 21st birthday at the upcoming Atlanta show on Nov 1st.

Good for her biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (johndyar @ May 1 2012, 04:36 PM)

Very Cool!!!

QUOTE (johndyar @ May 1 2012, 03:36 PM)

So she had a meet & greet... and now she's cured...

Is there nothing these guys can't do?!?

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ May 4 2012, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (johndyar @ May 1 2012, 03:36 PM)

So she had a meet & greet... and now she's cured...

Is there nothing these guys can't do?!?

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Awesome!! 653.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Connections or contests. Basically the only two ways.