VIP is bunk.

Tick

I'm getting the VIP package if I can't score floor seats on the presale. I've never even dreamed of being able to get floor tickets to a Rush show since I started seeing them in 2007, so first 15 rows guaranteed is amazing to me! You guys are spoiled rotten! Don't want first 15 row tickets? I'll gladly take em. Thanks for hating the VIP so I can get the front row tickets easier! Besides, this could be their last tour, they're getting old, so money isn't an issue for me. I've been saving for months for this.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 2 2012, 01:53 PM)
I'm getting the VIP package if I can't score floor seats on the presale. I've never even dreamed of being able to get floor tickets to a Rush show since I started seeing them in 2007, so first 15 rows guaranteed is amazing to me! You guys are spoiled rotten! Don't want first 15 row tickets? I'll gladly take em. Thanks for hating the VIP so I can get the front row tickets easier! Besides, this could be their last tour, they're getting old, so money isn't an issue for me. I've been saving for months for this.

I have seen Rush 37 times. I have sat, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th row on the floor for Rush. Yes, I am spoiled, and no, I aint paying 300 dollars to sit in maybe row 15, which isn't really that great a seat to begin with.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 2 2012, 12:53 PM)

Glad you have extra money to throw around wink.gif , it does not last forever. Come see me when you have a Wife, 3 kids, 2 cars and a house . $350 tickets ? not in this lifetime

Well, aren't you just awesome then. I'll appreciate my row 15 if I'm so lucky. You can sit and whine about it and not have a good time while I have the best day of my life. Guess I just know how to appreciate things a little more than others. Sitting and crying about prices isn't gonna change a damn thing.

No need to be a Dick

And saying 'No need to be a dick' is a VERY dick thing to say. But I already know how you are cos I see your posts all the time. They're always short, rude, and arrogant comments that I've ignored until you finally got personal with me. I will not be speaking to you, or feeding the fire after this post. Thanks.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 2 2012, 03:10 PM)
And saying 'No need to be a dick' is a VERY dick thing to say. But I already know how you are cos I see your posts all the time. They're always short, rude, and arrogant comments that I've ignored until you finally got personal with me. I will not be speaking to you, or feeding the fire after this post. Thanks.

z7shysterical.gif C-ya Troll

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 2 2012, 04:17 PM)
now now ladies, be nice

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0902/cat-fight-catfight-demotivational-poster-1235675341.jpg

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 2 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 2 2012, 12:53 PM)

Glad you have extra money to throw around wink.gif , it does not last forever. Come see me when you have a Wife, 3 kids, 2 cars and a house . $350 tickets ? not in this lifetime

I got 3rd row through the VIP package last time and it was a little under $300. Totally worth it for the one time. I won't be doing it again, though, as that's a hell of a lot of $$$. I also knew where I'd be sitting when I made the decision to buy.

It is interesting if you go out on the old hub of stub and have a look at the front center section ticket listings... Almost nothing within the first 15 rows. Chicago has ZERO within the first 15 rows in Section 2.

Normally, there would already be an assload of way overpriced seats listed by the dachshund touching scalpers... If I did not know any better the 'day of' thing, while nerve racking and a bit of a gamble, has slowed this process down some.

I still say give the seat numbers, pick up tickets with matching ID and credit card, immediate entry into venue. Problem solved. Like that tidal wave of common sense will ever happen though.

Thanks, Mara. Like I said, I knew Rush would be touring this year so I've been saving for a while just in case this is their last tour. I sure hope not, but I wanna make it worthwhile if it is. I don't get to do fun things very often so I want to go all out on this one, since Rush has been my favorite band for years. Some people need to keep their jealousy in check, I was just planning ahead. It's my money, if I wanna waste it then that's my business. And I will appreciate my seats, whether 1st row or 15th. Once again, never thought I'd even get floor seats at a Rush show, so I'm all for the VIP if the presale falls through.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ May 2 2012, 04:45 PM)
I still say give the seat numbers, pick up tickets with matching ID and credit card, immediate entry into venue. Problem solved. Like that tidal wave of common sense will ever happen though.

That's what Maiden is doing. Much better idea.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 2 2012, 04:16 PM)

Yup.

After buying Rush tix ever since Power Windows, for the first time I am dissapointed in Rush and their management, as they surely signed off on the VIP Russian Roulette Mystery Seat Gambit. sad.gif

Prior to the S&A tours, Rush tix were actually very reasonably priced next to comparable bands. Then prices started to escalate, but at least you could still get pretty good seats through VIP, though the best seemed to be through Platinum.

Now with the VIP Mystery Tour, there's yet another obstacle put up for the fans, and it's sad to think that Rush was okay with this. sad.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

VIP is for suckers.

suckers atickhum.gif

suckers hotdog.gif

suckers burger2.gif

suckers pizza.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 2 2012, 04:16 PM)

That's the normal way of doing it and it works. They are choosing to use this other method for some reason that benefit$ them and not the fans.

QUOTE (Shygnome @ May 3 2012, 06:19 PM)
Perhaps they will reward those who took a chance? Glass half full, but I'm going with it until I hear otherwise. They are selling out.

That makes no sence? Everyone took the chance, and you get row 1-15. Not everyone will be rewarded.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 3 2012, 05:30 PM)
Perhaps they will reward those who took a chance? Glass half full, but I'm going with it until I hear otherwise. They are selling out.

That makes no sence? Everyone took the chance, and you get row 1-15. Not everyone will be rewarded.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/peggy.jpg

"This is Peggy. What you mean we forgot to program in first three rows on VIP? It is Russian band, no one will notice."

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 3 2012, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 3 2012, 05:30 PM)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/peggy.jpg

"This is Peggy. What you mean we forgot to program in first three rows on VIP? It is Russian band, no one will notice."

z7shysterical.gif

They could have accomplished this just as well and let you know where you are and put your name on the tix and demand to show ID so they cant be re-sold. The reason they are making you go in blind is because Row 14 on the outer edge of the floor is completely different than Row 4 center stage. People would not pay that premium for many of those seats, and by allowing you to think you may be up near near the front, they goad you to gamble the extra money. I applaud the effort to only let real fans in the front, I really do, and I undersatnd them not wanting re-sellers to dominate the field, I really do, but this isnt the way to do it. I also hope they arent mailing the swag because that was a goat f-ck last time.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 4 2012, 06:31 AM)
They could have accomplished this just as well and let you know where you are and put your name on the tix and demand to show ID so they cant be re-sold. The reason they are making you go in blind is because Row 14 on the outer edge of the floor is completely different than Row 4 center stage. People would not pay that premium for many of those seats, and by allowing you to think you may be up near near the front, they goad you to gamble the extra money. I applaud the effort to only let real fans in the front, I really do, and I undersatnd them not wanting re-sellers to dominate the field, I really do, but this isnt the way to do it. I also hope they arent mailing the swag because that was a goat f-ck last time.

goodpost.gif

and once again folks, 15th row on the floor isn't really that good a seat. Certainly not a 300 dollar seat.

First 10 rows at 300. That would be fair. Next 5 at 250.00. That would be acceptable. IMHO! (Finbar)

I already purchased the chicago VIP package with a 12:08

Checkout & will Do the VIP route again for Indy on 5/7.

Annoying with uncertainty of the seat locations, but within

15 rows is fine by me! (First shows for this die-hard

Rush fan! Better late than never!) We'll see what happens vip seat-wise

for purchasing more tix for the next tour leg next year!

2.gif