What type of stations are playing Headlong Flight?

Majestyk

In Vancouver, Canada, where I live, we have an alternative rock station and a classic rock-light station. We do not have a true "Hard Rock" station. IE: A station that would play bands like Judas Priest, Motorhead, etc...Although you might hear such tunes on Nights with Alice Cooper, which the classic rock station airs.

Anyway, I have noticed that in the past week neither station has played Headlong Flight. I don't think they ever have. The alternative rock station probably won't touch Rush with a 10 foot pole, since they're not a new band. The classic rock station might not play the song because it's too nu-metal sounding...Oddly this station HAS been playing a lot classic Rush lately but not HF.

So if your local radio is playing it, what type of station is it?

I don't listen to the radio, but I've been looking up the play lists of the local rock stations here in the Twin Cities on the web to see if they've been playing HF. So far, I've seen the classic rock station play it once at about 2:30 AM.

What is this "radio" you speak of.

I heard it the other night when BigBob posted a link to classic rock station 97.5 in Charlottesville, VA that was having an all Rush weekend. I wouldn't expect the classic rock station in Nashville to play it, but I have listened in to the "modern" rock station every now and then in the car, but I haven't heard it yet.

Just went and checked the playlists of the two local stations I think might play it. All I did was check the last 24 hours and the day it was officially released on iTunes to see if it was played. No big surprise that the classic rock station didn't play it on the day of release or within the last 24 hours. I'll bet my house they probably haven't played it at all. However, i'm surprised to see that the local rock station which mainly plays rock from the last 20 years with a handful of classic rock bands thrown in, has played it twice in the last day and once on the day it came out.

Not anything significant but let's say if the local rock station is playing twice a day at least they're attempting to get the song out there. But knowing how brain dead most of the idiots that regularly listen to the radio are today, they probably think the new Rush song is something from a modern rock band.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I don't bother with radio any more either. I did check WLUP's playlist on their site for the last couple days. They haven't played HF.

They have played Limelight, Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Closer To The Heart, Tom Sawyer, Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions and Tom Sawyer.

The other possible here in Chicago is WDRV. They haven't played HF either. They did play Tom Sawyer once though.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 1 2012, 04:45 PM)
Classic Rock Stations have touched on it, but it will be off the playlist within a month and they'll be back to Tom Sawyer and Limelight

There really hasn't been an outlet on the radio for new Rush music in the last 20 years...that's part of the problem

And the occasional sprinkling of Spirit Of Radio, Subdivisions and Closer To The Heart once in a while.

I posted that I heard HF on Deep Tracks ( XM ) twice in two hours but that post fell faster then Obama's approval ratings. since that day I have heard it once on there too.

QUOTE (furie @ May 1 2012, 03:34 PM)
the only place i've heard it was sirius/xm 38 "the boneyard"

I actually heard it on Octane yesterday......but turned it off before i could listen. Yes im one who wants to wait. ph34r.gif

Since HF was released i have not heard it once on Satellite radio . They play Rush on about 4 or so stations on X-m and nothing . I hear the d.j.'s talk about the new album and then they play Limelight cool10.gif . I hear new music from everyone that comes out with an album but not Rush , they just won't play it or i never hear it Edited by metaldad