What's the most out-of-place looking person..

SchemingDemon

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 28 2012, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 28 2012, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 27 2012, 08:49 PM)
As a younger female, I definitely get some looks when I show up in Rush gear and rock out at a show. But this Muslim dude from the Toledo show just does not look like he fit in laugh.gif. At least it appears he was enjoying the show!

at approximately 0:40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9BGClR0YaI

Share your stories!

This guy goes to multiple Rush shows ever tour because i'm pretty sure i've seen him at a few before.

He's a big fan and as said previously a nice guy. He's a Doctor I believe.

Well, now I feel like an ass tongue.gif. I mean no offense. But you got to admit, he DOES look out of place!

I almost forgot, on my way to the Toledo show, driving through downtown I passed a car with a group of high school aged girls blaring Spirit of Radio and (sorta) singing along. They looked like the "popular" girls from high school too, you know, pretty with bright blonde hair. I never could find them inside the venue though.

Not a Rush concert, but I took my then 72-year-old mom with me to the Time Machine movie because my boyfriend was out of town and Mom knew the way to the theater. She loved it, was fascinated with Neil's drum kit, and said, "Obviously they're all talented in their own right, but what makes them really special is how they play off each other". Now I know where I get it from cool.gif

If they ever play close to Syracuse again, I'm bringing her to a show. She'd appreciate the band and love people-watching all the fans! laugh.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 28 2012, 06:54 PM)
Not a Rush concert, but I took my then 72-year-old mom with me to the Time Machine movie because my boyfriend was out of town and Mom knew the way to the theater. She loved it, was fascinated with Neil's drum kit, and said, "Obviously they're all talented in their own right, but what makes them really special is how they play off each other". Now I know where I get it from cool.gif

If they ever play close to Syracuse again, I'm bringing her to a show. She'd appreciate the band and love people-watching all the fans! laugh.gif

When I was 12 my mom took me to see KISS.. she LOVED it.

She said she'd never do that again, but she had a great time seeing the show and watching all the people.

Well, I do remember seeing the R30 tour at Blossom music center and this elder "upper class" looking couple sitting next to me and my wife. With a tight lip lack of expression or any signs of emotion staring straight ahead at the stage the whole concert giving and occasional light applause when they approved. As everyone around them were going crazy! laugh.gif

Thought about it, why were they here??? Then realized they probably had a Blossom event package, which is a monthly thing that covers all Blossom concerts (Cleveland Orchestra, musicals, etc..) Guess they wanted to get there money's worth no matter how much of a ordeal it was for them!! scared.gif tongue.gif

The most out-of-place person I've seen at a Rush concert was the security douchebag who hasseled me for using the "incorrect" bathroom..... wtf.gif wtf.gif

Jesus Freekin Christ....I'm two rows off the floor! The men's room is right around the corner, and you want me to walk all the way up the stairs and use the toilets up there? f***ing douchebag.....he didn't belong there at all.... bitchslap.gif bitchslap.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 28 2012, 06:24 PM)
The most out-of-place person I've seen at a Rush concert was the security douchebag who hasseled me for using the "incorrect" bathroom..... wtf.gif wtf.gif

Jesus Freekin Christ....I'm two rows off the floor! The men's room is right around the corner, and you want me to walk all the way up the stairs and use the toilets up there? f***ing douchebag.....he didn't belong there at all.... bitchslap.gif bitchslap.gif

Oh I've dealt with that kind of security douche too. At the last tour, security was VERY quick to yell at me for taking pics with my phone during TSOR, yet did NOTHING to the drunk guys right behind me who screamed "f**k YOUUUUU" in my ear all night, even after I complained numerous times. Assholes.

But telling you you're using the incorrect restroom?? rofl3.gif Perhaps, since it was a Rush concert the men's restrooms were seriously overpacked, so they had to divert a few guys to other levels? You should've just snuck into the empty women's restroom laugh.gif

Now that I am thinking about it... In 2007, I was sixth row. This really nice dressed woman and man sat down next to me. The woman was in a really nice like formal dress and the man was in a suit. The woman explained to me that they had just gotten tickets that night. And I was like wow really you got sixth row tickets like an hour before the concert? Damn. They seemed to be relatively oblivious to who Rush was. I feel like they may have regretted their seating choices as I screamed and sung the whole night away.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 28 2012, 11:22 PM)
Now that I am thinking about it... In 2007, I was sixth row. This really nice dressed woman and man sat down next to me. The woman was in a really nice like formal dress and the man was in a suit. The woman explained to me that they had just gotten tickets that night. And I was like wow really you got sixth row tickets like an hour before the concert? Damn. They seemed to be relatively oblivious to who Rush was. I feel like they may have regretted their seating choices as I screamed and sung the whole night away.

Sounds like the senior couple that sat next to us at R30, Cuyahoga Falls Ohio. laugh.gif

They to were dressed like they were going to a opera!

(See my out of place story above..)

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 28 2012, 12:46 PM)
Eddie Trunk

He looks out of place everywhere he goes . I see him at almost every metal/rock show i go to and he just walks around waiting to be noticed . Sad

How about that chick in the front row of the Time Machine dvd, singing along to Caravan. My apologies if she happens to be a member here, but she looked like she was one of the 'trendier' Rush fans, the only song they showed her enjoying was Caravan. Kinda made me mad that she had front row when all these die hards that have been fans for years couldn't score those tickets. I hope she truly appreciated what she was seeing.

My buddy brought his then 14 year old daughter to the TM stop in Seattle in 2010 not because he wanted her to go, but because she asked him to take her. Then a year later he hadn't planned on going to see them at The Gorge because it was 4th of July weekend and he figured she'd want to do something else and she asked him why they weren't going to see Rush at The Gorge. He bought tix through Stub Hub and joined my brother and I at what is the best performance I've seen from the band.

Apparently she was first introduced to the band via Rockband about 5 years ago or so and has delved into them fairly intensively since.

The first Rush concert my friends and I went to we were amazed to see so many really pretty girls there.

So I guess that's my vote.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 28 2012, 06:58 PM)
the drunk guys right behind me who screamed "f**k YOUUUUU" in my ear all night

Dream Theater was at your Rush show???

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 28 2012, 06:47 PM)
As a younger female, I definitely get some looks when I show up in Rush gear and rock out at a show. But this Muslim dude from the Toledo show just does not look like he fit in laugh.gif. At least it appears he was enjoying the show!

Share your stories!

This guy goes to multiple Rush shows ever tour because i'm pretty sure i've seen him at a few before.

Well, now I feel like an ass tongue.gif. I mean no offense. But you got to admit, he DOES look out of place!

I almost forgot, on my way to the Toledo show, driving through downtown I passed a car with a group of high school aged girls blaring Spirit of Radio and (sorta) singing along. They looked like the "popular" girls from high school too, you know, pretty with bright blonde hair. I never could find them inside the venue though.

I remember that too! I was the very first person at the venue literally! I got early at like 1pm I had a really long drive so I wanted to be safe incase of traffic. I just sat at the doors until they opened and remember seeing those girls thinking "theyre Rush fans" wub.gif

Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 3 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 28 2012, 06:47 PM)

Share your stories!

I remember that too! I was the very first person at the venue literally! I got early at like 1pm I had a really long drive so I wanted to be safe incase of traffic. I just sat at the doors until they opened and remember seeing those girls thinking "theyre Rush fans" wub.gif

Yeah, the poplular girls can't let the nerdy girls have anything. eh.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Apr 27 2012, 09:33 PM)

Share your stories!

FYI. . . if I'm not mistaken, Farid is a Sikh, not a Muslim. Big difference. Be careful about who you stereotype, please.

I thought I recognized Kelly on the TM Cleveland DVD!

I'm just a 40+ older version! Kelly, okay I'm jealous..

Pics and stuff from Alex...OMG!

2.gif

th1245.gif

I haven't read any of the post but upon reading the thread title had a huge suspision that's where this was gonna lead.

I've seen him at shows I've attended and from what I understand he has seen 2.gif dozens and possibly hundreds of times.

As a matter of fact, I saw Neil point him out and had a crew member give him a shirt.

He's a mega fan.

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ May 4 2012, 01:45 PM)
I thought I recognized Kelly on the TM Cleveland DVD!
I'm just a 40+ older version! Kelly, okay I'm jealous..
Pics and stuff from Alex...OMG!

2.gif

th1245.gif

Thanks! I'm a lucky gal!