Will they be ADDING DATES?

GeddyRulz

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere...

Thirty-three shows have been announced, which really isn't many, and so far Rush is NOT coming to my area. This is very unusual, since they almost always do.

What's the skinny, whether inside information or just your opinion, on whether they'll be adding more dates or not? If you look at the tour dates, at no time are the Boys playing two nights in a row. Just 33 shows so far, and the schedule has lots of space for more.

(I already got tix for opening night in Manchester, NH, but if they DO add a show in my area, I guess I'll just have to see them again! wink.gif Wouldn't be the first time.)

The only date I see them 'adding' is LA2 (Gibson) on 11/21.

It's the only opening the way the itinerary is setup.

That being said I'm fully convinced there will be a 2nd leg in the spring/summer of '13.

P.S. I put 'adding' because that show is most likely already booked. They're just waiting for LA1 (Gibson) to sell a specific amount before they announce it officially.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 27 2012, 01:56 PM)
That being said I'm fully convinced there will be a 2nd leg in the spring/summer of '13.

Agree. I'm not worried one bit. They'll be back in early 2013. It would be completely out of character if they don't do a second leg.

if they do please come to Western Ontario, Toronto is a long drive so is Detroit. London, ON please! drool1.gif

EDIT: not that I won't go just cause the show is far away new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by jesse2112

I wouldn't count on them adding many if any dates in between these first dates--they can't and don't have to play consecutive nights anymore, but I am 85% sure there will be a second leg. They've NEVER missed KC and yet there is no date--but I'm still going to STL.

I don't think there is a Denver show as it can be nasty there in Nov/Dec. But it is weird that there is not a show for us here, many good indoor places to have a show, Red Rocks be a tad bit cold.

I went to the LA Gibson show also last year but can't do Calif this time and the PHX venue is to big, don't like it, been there. Looks like I hope for a Denver show on a hoped for second leg of the tour. facepalm.gif confused13.gif sad.gif cool10.gif

Oh .. I got tickets for the TAAB2 in Denver in Oct, but not sure I will go to that so I may sell them seats here if I don't go..

unsure.gif

P.S. I put 'adding' because that show is most likely already booked. They're just waiting for LA1 (Gibson) to sell a specific amount before they announce it officially.

They are already playing Anaheim on the 17th and LA on the 19th. Don't forsee a 3rd show for the LA area (unless San Diego for the 21st)

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 2 2012, 10:39 AM)

P.S.  I put 'adding' because that show is most likely already booked. They're just waiting for LA1 (Gibson) to sell a specific amount before they announce it officially.

They are already playing Anaheim on the 17th and LA on the 19th. Don't forsee a 3rd show for the LA area (unless San Diego for the 21st)

Gibson holds less than 7000 for a concert.. there will be a 2nd show.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 27 2012, 02:41 PM)
if they do please come to Western Ontario, Toronto is a long drive so is Detroit. London, ON please! drool1.gif
EDIT: not that I won't go just cause the show is far away new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Your post made me think:

Western Ontario - makes me think of Thunder Bay, rather than a point (Sarnia) that is more than 80% of the distance from the western part of the province to the eastern part. According to googlemaps, Sarnia is 108km from Detroit and you consider that a long drive (I realize the pain in the ass of crossing the border also)?

But I'm from the States so what do I know??

I am also pretty sure there will be a 2nd leg hitting some of the omissions (Denver, South Fl, KC).

QUOTE (apetersvt @ May 2 2012, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 27 2012, 02:41 PM)
if they do please come to Western Ontario, Toronto is a long drive so is Detroit.  London, ON please! drool1.gif

Your post made me think:

Western Ontario - makes me think of Thunder Bay, rather than a point (Sarnia) that is more than 80% of the distance from the western part of the province to the eastern part. According to googlemaps, Sarnia is 108km from Detroit and you consider that a long drive (I realize the pain in the ass of crossing the border also)?

But I'm from the States so what do I know??

I am also pretty sure there will be a 2nd leg hitting some of the omissions (Denver, South Fl, KC).

No Detroit isnt very far at all and border crossing isnt hard. The main reason I wish they come to Southwestern, Ontario is because we have a lot of good venues here for our OHL (Ontario Hockey League) Teams that would be great for Rush. Like the John Labatt Centre in London, WFCU in Windsor (thats unlikely cuz its so close to Detroit) and Copps in Hamilton (in that case American Hockey League Hamilton Bulldogs)

I'm sure hoping for a 2nd let as they skipped Denver again! They didn't come here in 2011 either angry.gif There are more venues here than Red Rocks lol

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ May 2 2012, 11:15 AM)

I'm sure hoping for a 2nd let as they skipped Denver again! They didn't come here in 2011 either angry.gif There are more venues here than Red Rocks lol

Well maybe if you guys would stop slinging rocks at them during the show they'll come back. They didn't get the idea for Red Lenses out of the blue?

"I see RED"

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I hope they come around again in 2013. I don't have the money right now to afford a few tickets to see them, and none of the venues in NY are close to me. I'm hoping they'll come to SPAC hopefully next summer. Here's hoping because it bothers me enough I won't be able to see them this October at a NY venue.