TicketMaster Platinum Tickets

Snaked

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 28 2012, 11:19 AM)
I did something wild and crazy. I went to ticketmaster and simply got two tickets. OH MY GOD! ohmy.gif

bolt.gif

How dare you.

wink.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheHonestMan @ Apr 29 2012, 05:56 PM)
Interesting that they are releasing more tickets at different times.  I was able to grab a front row pair for Manchester on Friday.  Now they have seats in the 5th row or further back for $50 more than what I paid?!?!?!  Sounds like there have been a good number of very close seats for sale.  Chances are people that bought VIP packages may be SOL because of this.

I know, it's not good. TM holds back the best seats for their scalping operation and gives most of the further back tickets to the VIP mystery gamble. I am very curious to know if anyone who did VIP gets within first five rows but we won't know that for quite some time. eh.gif

QUOTE (TheHonestMan @ Apr 29 2012, 05:56 PM)
Interesting that they are releasing more tickets at different times.  I was able to grab a front row pair for Manchester on Friday.  Now they have seats in the 5th row or further back for $50 more than what I paid?!?!?!  Sounds like there have been a good number of very close seats for sale.  Chances are people that bought VIP packages may be SOL because of this.

So the front row seats you got were Ticketmaster Platinum?

Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

And how near the beginning of the sale did you get them?

Sorry for all the questions tongue.gif , but Platinum is looking more-and-more to me like the best chance (among lousy options) to get something in the first few rows.

At least you know exactly what you're getting, and they're "official" Ticketmaster tix so you don't have to deal with a broker.

It still stinks to high heaven though. sad.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 2 2012, 04:22 PM)
How much is a pair of platinum tickets?

For the first few shows on Ticketmaster that have Platinum tix available, they seem to range around $200-$350 each.

But the best row you can get now seems to be around 7-8.

The trick may be to snag these Platinum tix when they first go on sale.

The Chicago ones have been bumped in price since I got them... single digit rows went up $50/ticket and they added row 10-12 tickets for the price I got row 6 for. The lower bowl tickets that are up also went up $40/ticket.

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 2 2012, 04:19 PM)
So the front row seats you got were Ticketmaster Platinum? 

Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

And how near the beginning of the sale did you get them? 

Sorry for all the questions tongue.gif , but Platinum is looking more-and-more to me like the best chance (among lousy options) to get something in the first few rows. 

At least you know exactly what you're getting, and they're "official" Ticketmaster tix so you don't have to deal with a broker. 

It still stinks to high heaven though. sad.gif

They were Platinum Tickets. I snagged them less than 1 minute into the general sale for $295 each. You have to be really fast. Here's a tip: don't select the first pair listed. The tickets stay on the list until the person has fully completed the purchase. You'll get an error if you select tickets someone else is already in the process of buying. If everyone tries the first pair, you should be able to get the ones below with no problem. Granted, I don't think anyone was expecting them for Manchester since it was the first round of general sales for the tour. More people will probably be gunning for these in later rounds.

It truly is an excellent option because you get fantastic seats for less than broker prices, and you know the tix are legit. I wasn't that interested in the VIP swag either, so it was a great deal to trade the merch for knowing where my seat is. Plus, you actually get to select where you're sitting within the tickets listed. I of course grabbed the pair right in front of Geddy. 1022.gif

No need to apologize for the questions. As the people at my work found out, I'm more than happy to talk about my front row tickets to anyone that will listen. tongue.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 2 2012, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 2 2012, 04:22 PM)
How much is a pair of platinum tickets?

For the first few shows on Ticketmaster that have Platinum tix available, they seem to range around $200-$350 each.

But the best row you can get now seems to be around 7-8.

The trick may be to snag these Platinum tix when they first go on sale.

thats actually comparable to what i paid in the MT presale

Yeah there's a rip off to the nth degree. I was considering it for the Jiffy Lube show cause the VIP tickets were sold out and couldn't pull up anything for the Orchestra until just now. I think I'm in the aisle again. hahah. poetic justice I guess.

QUOTE (quickfree @ May 4 2012, 09:10 AM)
Yeah there's a rip off to the nth degree. I was considering it for the Jiffy Lube show cause the VIP tickets were sold out and couldn't pull up anything for the Orchestra until just now. I think I'm in the aisle again. hahah. poetic justice I guess.

I'm not sure if you meant the Platinum was a rip off or the VIP.

VIP, yes.

Platinum, I couldn't disagree more. Front Row, guaranteed, choose your seats - boom. $400 for two. That's a little pricey for me, but that is absolutely a fair pricing structure. Clearly, the market agrees, as the Platinum are now sold out.

When I first posted, there were 4 pairs on the front row. At 10:07, there was still one pair left.

$400 for two front row tickets (right in front of Alex, too!) I don't see how that's a rip off, compared to stupid VIP, which is $350 for one ticket that is "somewhere" TBD in the first 15 rows.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 4 2012, 10:22 AM)

VIP, yes.

Platinum, I couldn't disagree more. Front Row, guaranteed, choose your seats - boom. $400 for two. That's a little pricey for me, but that is absolutely a fair pricing structure. Clearly, the market agrees, as the Platinum are now sold out.

When I first posted, there were 4 pairs on the front row. At 10:07, there was still one pair left.

$400 for two front row tickets (right in front of Alex, too!) I don't see how that's a rip off, compared to stupid VIP, which is $350 for one ticket that is "somewhere" TBD in the first 15 rows.

just so you know, it's $400 EACH, not for the pair.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 4 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 4 2012, 10:22 AM)

VIP, yes.

just so you know, it's $400 EACH, not for the pair.

Oh. Well . . . nevermind.

Phew, glad I didn't pony up for that! Actually, though, I still think it's a better deal to pay $400 and get front row than $350 and get unknown - which, I think you already pointed out. But, yeah, that's pretty steep.

Out of curiosity I checked the platinum tix for my home venue and the closest available was row 7 for $425/ticket. Unless my eyes were deceiving me I thought the farther rows up to 17 were around $375-- more than VIP pricing for worse seats. Checked again a half hour later and row 2 tickets were added for $450, and the farther rows were reduced to $295. So if you jumped the gun on platinum early you got a worse deal than if you waited. In any event, this is more expensive than the platinum tickets for shows that were on sale last week. In just one week's time prices have been adjusted northward considerably. I wonder if this trend will continue and if the VIP prices for later shows are adjusted as well.

To put this in perspective, if you are 20 years old you can buy that second row ticket for $450 or you can put that money into a Roth IRA and it will be worth nearly $33,000 when you retire at age 65, assuming a 10% annual return. Enjoy the show!

Well, I pretty much botched everything!

laugh.gif

Nothing good on the MusicToday presales.

Citicard Presales were even worse.

Citi "Preferred Tickets" were a joke.

Had a pair of 3rd row Platinum seats that disappeared while I was entering the &%#$@ captcha.

They had 6th row on Geddy's side, all the way over on the outside aisle for $495.

I waited an hour to see what else might pop up, and then threw in the towel and went to StubHub. I should have been more patient, but after a week of dumbassery I was over it.

So I have great seats, and my kids will go to community college.

wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 3 2012, 10:12 PM)
Thanks for that! trink39.gif  I'll indulge in a couple for you or anyone else... tongue.gif

My understanding is that the Ticketmaster Platinum tix go on sale at the same time as the "Onsale to General Public"date and time.  Is this right?

If so, do you know ahead of time if there will be Platinum tix available for your show?  Or do you only know AFTER you click "Find Tickets" and then see the red "Official Platinum Tickets" tab? 

Man, that will be a freaking sucker punch, to be anticipating/hoping to get Platinum tix and then have them not be available for your show. facepalm.gif banghead.gif

They go on sale exactly at the same time as general sale tickets, but there's no way to 100% know in advance if it will be an option. Perhaps you could call TM and ask, but I doubt you'll get an answer. no.gif

I believe every show so far has had Platinum seats available. The odds seem to suggest every show going forward will have them as well. But even if they are available, don't get your hopes up for front row. There's a chance the closest seats listed could only be in the 5th row. I've also noticed some venues only have Platinum seats on one side of the floor... confused13.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 4 2012, 11:08 AM)
Well, I pretty much botched everything!

laugh.gif

Nothing good on the MusicToday presales.

Citicard Presales were even worse.

Citi "Preferred Tickets" were a joke.

Had a pair of 3rd row Platinum seats that disappeared while I was entering the &%#$@ captcha.

They had 6th row on Geddy's side, all the way over on the outside aisle for $495.

I waited an hour to see what else might pop up, and then threw in the towel and went to StubHub. I should have been more patient, but after a week of dumbassery I was over it.

So I have great seats, and my kids will go to community college.

wink.gif

trink39.gif

What did you end up with?

Does anyone know anything about seating at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh? I see platinum tix up for Row C. Are rows closest to the stage single lettered, or double? This could be the difference between 3rd row and 29th. Any help appreciated.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 4 2012, 02:56 PM)
Does anyone know anything about seating at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh? I see platinum tix up for Row C. Are rows closest to the stage single lettered, or double? This could be the difference between 3rd row and 29th. Any help appreciated.

I don't know that arena, but you can google a seating chart.

I find it hard to believe they would sell Platinum tickets in row 29. I would bet $5 that it is really the third row.

I suppose you could always call the venue as well.

Well, I found out from another TRFer that he had 2nd row last time and it was row B, so I went for the Row C tix fairly certain that they're third row! $350 isn't nearly as bad as some of the prices I saw! bncegrn.gif Only trouble is now, I have to wait for the tix I purchased earlier to arrive, and then sell them. They're good lower bowl on Geddy's side, and while I'm beyond excited to be in front of Geddy in the third row, I was hoping we could sit lower bowl for a couple shows (we sort of are in Bristow) . Toronto is the only show we have left to buy for, and I think I'm going to be lucky to get in on that one before it sells out, so I can't be picky!

Is row 17 really "platinum" status? They keep adding more of them to Manchester for 190. I suppose if VIP is 15 then 17 can be platinum. Though they are fine seats I would not feel Very Important or Platinum back there. Maybe rows 18-26 can be labeled Pimp seats.