TicketMaster Platinum Tickets

Snaked

So today it became official, TicketMaster is doing "Official Platinum Tickets" for this tour. For those of us who hate the prospect of waiting until the day of the show this *might* be a good alternative.

Some facts:

1. Tickets are sold in pairs only. You cannot buy 1 ticket.

2. Tickets are priced similarly to VIP tickets - although some are higher.

3. Tickets go on sale at the same time that the GENERAL on sale for each venue. - I.E. Manchester Platinum Tickets went on sale at 10am today.

4. You gotta be fast! Know your budget, know where you want to sit and grab them quick! There is no time to think about it. If you see seats you like you gotta hit the "BUY" button next to them and go through the process.

5. Tickets are NOT held for you until you pass the RECAPTCHA. Again, you gotta be fast, but accurate as well.

I hope this helps a little.

Edited by Snaked

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticketmaster has become the largest Ticket Scalper in the world . They have been doing "Platinum " seats for a few years now. I discovered it while trying to get Van Halen tickets back in 07 .

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 27 2012, 11:58 AM)
So today it became official, TicketMaster is doing "Official Platinum Tickets" for this tour. For those of us who hate the prospect of waiting until the day of the show this *might* be a good alternative.

Some facts:

1. Tickets are sold in pairs only. You cannot buy 1 ticket.
2. Tickets are priced similarly to VIP tickets - although some are higher.
3. Tickets go on sale at the same time that the GENERAL on sale for each venue. - I.E. Manchester Platinum Tickets went on sale at 10am today.
4. You gotta be fast! Know your budget, know where you want to sit and grab them quick! There is no time to think about it. If you see seats you like you gotta hit the "BUY" button next to them and go through the process.
5. Tickets are NOT held for you until you pass the RECAPTCHA. Again, you gotta be fast, but accurate as well.

I hope this helps a little.

My friend used it for Manchester and it's safe to say that I have a GREAT seat AND I can tell VIP Nation to stick their packages somewhere unpleasant smile.gif

There are still decent floor seats available in Manchester at lower than broker prices. Mostly they aren't priced low enough to attract outside resellers so it's just another option if one is willing to pay above face value. At least you know where your seat is - row and seat number, which is making TM look better and better.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 28 2012, 11:19 AM)
I did something wild and crazy. I went to ticketmaster and simply got two tickets. OH MY GOD! ohmy.gif

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif Livin' life on the edge, CT! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 28 2012, 05:35 PM)
I'm thinking of using this option for a show or two if I don't pull up anything decent in the presale.

The pricing and release order is pretty random though. It seems they are experimenting with market pricing and I would think in later shows the prices may start higher. Now most platinum tiks are 350, rows 4 and back, and there were some front row sides for 295 and second/third row for 250 previously- that is gone. If they find they can sell 10th row for 350 and front for 500 or 700 or 900 then future show tickets may be priced accordingly. This puts a damper on things because I thought just maybe TM was giving us a little break compared to outside scalpers but not so much.

Edited by Karena

Interesting that they are releasing more tickets at different times. I was able to grab a front row pair for Manchester on Friday. Now they have seats in the 5th row or further back for $50 more than what I paid?!?!?! Sounds like there have been a good number of very close seats for sale. Chances are people that bought VIP packages may be SOL because of this.

Tip: If you get an error message while going for Plantinum tickets, I really think it means that SOMEONE ELSE HAS ALREADY SELECTED THOSE TICKETS!! They don't seem to disappear from the list until that person actually completes the purchase. I received that error twice until I selected another pair. You may be better off selecting the tickets in the second slot, as everyone will go for the first one. If you still get the error, try and different pair and cross your fingers.